THE BROWNS BOARD

They need to Abolish Thursday night football.

WalterWhite

I concur. It's a money grab game from the NFL. And they wonder why players are breaking down more and more. There's been fucking talk of even adding another day, like wed or fri. The fuck is wrong with them? They would have to significantly expand teams rosters for that. And if that happens players salaries likely go down some so you know that's not going to happen. The future of the NFL is basically two separate starting lineups that get used throughout the season.

I concur. It's a money grab game from the NFL. And they wonder why players are breaking down more and more. There's been fucking talk of even adding another day, like wed or fri. The fuck is wrong with them? They would have to significantly expand teams rosters for that. And if that happens players salaries likely go down some so you know that's not going to happen. The future of the NFL is basically two separate starting lineups that get used throughout the season.

Not sure you'd need two separate line ups, just expanded rosters and fluid rotation of players throughout the game.

Why don't they just have the teams on bye week the week before play on Thursday?

They could keep the 1st week Thursday game and then only have Thursday games when the bye weeks start

Way too much thought going into this thread.

Thursday Night football has nothing to do with football. IT'S A TV SHOW..................... One that garners huge ratings and huge advertising dollars. Nobody involved gives a shit about football. C mon people, don't be morons.

I agree it's entertainment Tom- but Thursday night football is a bad idea from beating up the players standpoint. MHO is screw it- too bad about High School Friday night football- play the games Friday instead of Thursday. NFL Saturday games in December draw huge ratings but the NFL is afraid to compete with college football? You kidding me?

Abolish it.

The games are terrible. The players are never ready and it's too close to the previous Sunday. The players don't have time to recover and the games always suck.

NFL Football should be played on Sunday and one Monday Night game exclusively.

what'd you do walter? stopped smoking meth and now you're a whino/er?

only people that didn't like last night's game were the vike fans or people who bet them.

Teddy Twatwater out for the game because of a wittle ankle sprain.

get used to that viking fans.

... and the list of things that sets Walter off grows ever shorter. Well... if Walter's agin it...

I like my Thursday nite fix and not all the games will be as lopsided as last nite's...

Week 6, Oct. 9 Colts at Texans, 8:25 p.m., CBS/NFL Network

Week 7, Oct. 16 Jets at Patriots, 8:25 p.m., CBS/NFL Network

Week 8, Oct. 23 Chargers at Broncos, 8:25 p.m., CBS/NFL Network

Week 10, Nov. 6 Browns at Bengals, 8:25 p.m., NFL Network

Week 11, Nov. 13 Bills at Dolphins, 8:25 p.m., NFL Network

Week 13, Nov. 27 (Thanksgiving) Seahawks at 49ers, 8:30 p.m., NBC

Week 14, Dec. 4 Cowboys at Bears, 8:25 p.m., NFL Network

... and the list of things that sets Walter off grows ever shorter. Well... if Walter's agin it...

I like my Thursday nite fix and not all the games will be as lopsided as last nite's...

Week 6, Oct. 9 Colts at Texans, 8:25 p.m., CBS/NFL Network

Week 7, Oct. 16 Jets at Patriots, 8:25 p.m., CBS/NFL Network

Week 8, Oct. 23 Chargers at Broncos, 8:25 p.m., CBS/NFL Network

Week 10, Nov. 6 Browns at Bengals, 8:25 p.m., NFL Network

Week 11, Nov. 13 Bills at Dolphins, 8:25 p.m., NFL Network

Week 13, Nov. 27 (Thanksgiving) Seahawks at 49ers, 8:30 p.m., NBC

Week 14, Dec. 4 Cowboys at Bears, 8:25 p.m., NFL Network

Always watch the Thanksgiving games since I was a kid.

Gotta say I like it .... for me, the more games the merrier.....

And, with the addition of the London games(and possibly some Euro teams-very soon) I think it could evolve over the next 5-7 years to games all the time, all over the place.....more like Baseball or basketball, but world wide.....allowing extra time for international travel, mid week games, etc.....

then they will extend the season....make a lot more $$$$$......be on TV like everyday......fill stadiums across the world.....etc etc etc

what'd you do walter? stopped smoking meth and now you're a whino/er?

only people that didn't like last night's game were the vike fans or people who bet them.

Teddy Twatwater out for the game because of a wittle ankle sprain.

get used to that viking fans.

I think we need to be supportive of Walter in this crucial time of his life Mik. I'd much rather him turn to wine if it keeps him from his chemical dependency

Gotta say I like it .... for me, the more games the merrier.....

And, with the addition of the London games(and possibly some Euro teams-very soon) I think it could evolve over the next 5-7 years to games all the time, all over the place.....more like Baseball or basketball, but world wide.....allowing extra time for international travel, mid week games, etc.....

then they will extend the season....make a lot more $$$$$......be on TV like everyday......fill stadiums across the world.....etc etc etc

and we can get in our flying cars and zip to mars for dinner (great ribs i hear)

I think we need to be supportive of Walter in this crucial time of his life Mik. I'd much rather him turn to wine if it keeps him from his chemical dependency

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

just wish he'd learn how to pick up his own pacifier.

Abolish it.

The games are terrible. The players are never ready and it's too close to the previous Sunday. The players don't have time to recover and the games always suck.

NFL Football should be played on Sunday and one Monday Night game exclusively.

I don't know....the Packers players seemed to be ready.....they seemed to have recovered.

Maybe it just a fact that some teams are really bad....and it would not matter if the game were played on Thursday/Sunday or Monday....the Packers would still have smoked the asses off the Vikings.

The NFL. i.e. King Roger, does not give two hoots about what any fans like or don't like. IF he and his monopolistic owners make money on TNF, it will stay. Period. End of discussion.

Would it be considered assassination if someone shot King Roger? Or would it just be euthanasia? Or maybe fragging?

What makes you think it would matter. Whoever would replace him would probably do the exact same thing he is doing now....the owners bidding.

I don't know....the Packers players seemed to be ready.....they seemed to have recovered.

Maybe it just a fact that some teams are really bad....and it would not matter if the game were played on Thursday/Sunday or Monday....the Packers would still have smoked the asses off the Vikings.

Safe to say Ponder is a big bust for the Vikings? I mean all signs pointed to it before (was it last season he was replaced by Cassell?), but it would seem a sure thing now.

Did I say it would matter?....or are you looking to put your world famous spin on a simple question? And who knows, it's possible that maybe, just maybe, with the black eye that King Roger and the NFL has gotten lately that a new guy might be a little less tyrannical.

You are still butt hurt over the James Harrison suspensions....rightful suspensions.

A lot of people lately have been saying Goodell has not be tyrannical enough.

Maybe if you got rid of Goodell it would be more tyrannical.

Be Careful what you ask for.

dude, you are so fucking right. Thursday night football borders on the sacrareligious (sic) love the kush

the brand dilution will end where?.....greedy fuckin' NFL. stop it now..

lets see if the pricks honor recent court decision re blackouts( er cintucky)

f jackie

man if they had the NFL game of the week every night on TV i'd watch it.

what else you got...duck dynasty, housewives of phatlanta?

give me football 24/7 365 and i'd be stuck. like as in fuck'd up on my couch high and drunk watching that shit.

baseball...yawn. golf..really? soccer..ok. pleez tell me why as a football fan you wouldn't want to see that shit every night?

Its nice to watch football on thurday night but Aaron Rodgers vs. Christian Ponder? C'mon man...

The TNF games from Browns and Bungles and after seem like better match-ups.

Let's hope the evening of Nov 6th the nation agrees with you...

Meanwhile back at the TNF slaughter...

Gotta love the pregame quote attributed to Ponder, "I feel like Norv (Turner)'s offense is made for me."

Archived