THE BROWNS BOARD

We have to stop blowing 1st round picks.

WalterWhite

Don't just start rattling off names if you think no one is going to check up on you.

There are places you can check shit on the internet?

Who'd a thunk it?

The only reason I did that reply is it sort of got me honked off. There were so many "what ifs" in the original post- I can say with near certainty some of them had about as much chance of happening as Browns HQ getting hit by an asteroid draft day. Plus denigrating the very few really good picks the Browns managed to get right.

Oh, you can drive yourself nuts playing the hindsight game- and I've been guilty of it myself, replying to posts as to why it's been virtually unabated suckage since 1999. I'll only name the screw up that hurts me the worst- I was all on board for this guy- and we passed him up. Wanted to play for the Browns too. He'll eventually make the HOF- his name is Ladanian Tomlinson.

Right. I get sick of the "who we should've drafted' posts.

I mean really, we fired our GM (again), and will continue to until we start getting it right. You make a mistake, and then you move on...

Who's supposed to "learn from their mistakes?" The fans...? We didn't make any mistakes...

Playing the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game is just torture... and more importantly, it annoys me...

Or perhaps you go back, re-evaluate your mistakes so you don't make them again in the future.

Of course playing Monday morning QB is easy, but when you have 6 first round picks and haven't hit on one of them, that's whats pathetic.

The problem is that it is never the same people making those choices. Of those picks I outlined, there were made by like 4 different GMs. A fired GM cannot re-evalute...he is fired.

The Browns always play up or down to the competition. We never have "soft" or "easy" games.

We blew the Ravens game on coaching and boneheaded moves.

I will not believe in this team until they can start closing and prove themselves but you did make valid points.

That wasn't coaching Walter- Three missed assignments- that weren't on coaching. Gabriel falls down on what should have been a walk into the endzone No points on that drive -7. Cundiff misses a couple of FGs on a bad snap and a missed block. -6. We make those plays, it doesn't matter your favorite new whipping boy Joe Haden lets Smith get behind him.

The problem is that it is never the same people making those choices. Of those picks I outlined, there were made by like 4 different GMs. A fired GM cannot re-evalute...he is fired.

That would be my point too. These are NOT the same old Browns in terms of organization, because they are all gone. They screwed up and got fired. Too few understand that is all you can do. Fire and hire till it get's fixed. So, the Browns that lost for 12 years are all gone now. New owner and new coach and new GM. They have only been in place a few months and have made a huge& positive change in the mentality and the quality of personnel. They also just completed what looks like our best draft in decades. Only time will tell though. To call JFF or Gilbert a bust after 3 games is just stupid. Really really stupid.

And whining and crying about people that were fired years ago is pointless. That is what babies and people who dont know how to move forward do. It's time to move forward. These are competent people we have in place right now. Support them, instead of bitching. It's only been a few months. Give them an opportunity, instead of blaming them for past transgressions. Love the team you have now, instead of hating what they were last year(or before). Enjoy ALL the improvements, instead of dwelling on a few negatives.

In his first 6 months Farmer has brought in Hawkins, Kirksey, Bitonio, Tate, Whitner, Dansby, Crowell, Gabriel, Gilbert, Austin, West & Manziel - all starters or vast improvements to overall team depth. Plus, he's added some back ups and taxi squad players that will help us later. And you think he isnt doing the job? Do you have someone better in mind? Because I'd say you're crazy if you think we should move past Farmer. And if you dont, why are you whining?

That would be my point too. These are NOT the same old Browns in terms of organization, because they are all gone. They screwed up and got fired. Too few understand that is all you can do. Fire and hire till it get's fixed. So, the Browns that lost for 12 years are all gone now. New owner and new coach and new GM. They have only been in place a few months and have made a huge& positive change in the mentality and the quality of personnel. They also just completed what looks like our best draft in decades. Only time will tell though. To call JFF or Gilbert a bust after 3 games is just stupid. Really really stupid.

And whining and crying about people that were fired years ago is pointless. That is what babies and people who dont know how to move forward do. It's time to move forward. These are competent people we have in place right now. Support them, instead of bitching. It's only been a few months. Give them an opportunity, instead of blaming them for past transgressions. Love the team you have now, instead of hating what they were last year(or before). Enjoy ALL the improvements, instead of dwelling on a few negatives.

In his first 6 months Farmer has brought in Hawkins, Kirksey, Bitonio, Tate, Whitner, Dansby, Crowell, Gabriel, Gilbert, Austin, West & Manziel - all starters or vast improvements to overall team depth. Plus, he's added some back ups and taxi squad players that will help us later. And you think he isnt doing the job? Do you have someone better in mind? Because I'd say you're crazy if you think we should move past Farmer. And if you dont, why are you whining?

If I could give you a "plus 6" for this post, I would! Thank you.

What has been done thus far by THIS organization borders on miraculous. I'm enjoyin' the ride!!

Mike

Archived