THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyers Disallowed TD

kamac19

Having been to the game and annoyed by our 4th Quarter performance, went back and watched it again on TV and noticed the Linesman moving 5yds downfield from the LOS when Hoyer threw that TD pass. Not being up on the exact rules of how officials are meant to place themselves, having looked through a lot of the film for the rest of the game they seem to stay on the LOS until the ball goes by the line or if its an obvious pass they may move slightly up the line, but on this occasion the Linesman moved 5yds upfield pretty much right away and obviously looks like Hoyer expecting him to be stood on the LOS kept the ball until last moment and threw what he thought was a good TD.

HoyerTDa_zps45681df5.jpg

HoyerTDb_zpsade31422.jpg

This may be true, but Hoyer had to know he was well past the line of scrimmage on that play. He ran a solid 5 yards before he threw that ball. Frankly at the time I didn't even think it was a bad idea cause ya never know, but I don't think we can really bad mad at that one. If anything I'm upset that the Ravens had 5 called penalties vs 12 against the Browns.

Edit: Man hindsight is 20/20 too but it looks like two guys were open in that 2nd picture.

This may be true, but Hoyer had to know he was well past the line of scrimmage on that play. He ran a solid 5 yards before he threw that ball. Frankly at the time I didn't even think it was a bad idea cause ya never know, but I don't think we can really bad mad at that one. If anything I'm upset that the Ravens had 5 called penalties vs 12 against the Browns.

Edit: Man hindsight is 20/20 too but it looks like two guys were open in that 2nd picture.

Yeah, he had a TD to someone there between the R and O in the endzone.

Yeah, he had a TD to someone there between the R and O in the endzone.

That's what the Ravens' DBs thought. That's how Austin ended up so wide open. If Hoyer could have waited, literally less than a second behind the LOS he would have gotten the TD pass. What a shame...

I'm pretty sure that a QB is busy watching his receivers and several other things about the 22 players on the field. I don't think a QB pays any attention to where an official might be standing.

Original excuse though :D

Here's an idea... Why not talk to your team's Scottish fans that travel to see a home game?

I'm pretty sure that a QB is busy watching his receivers and several other things about the 22 players on the field. I don't think a QB pays any attention to where an official might be standing.

Original excuse though :D

Well I think if your actually able to see the Video of the clip, you will see that Hoyer knows exactly where the Official is and thats the exact spot where he holds up and moves sideways as he throws making sure he doesnt cross what he thought was the LOS.

Well I think if your actually able to see the Video of the clip, you will see that Hoyer knows exactly where the Official is and thats the exact spot where he holds up and moves sideways as he throws making sure he doesnt cross what he thought was the LOS.

Instead of looking at the guy no one circled here with the 3rd down marker in his hand with a big red vest right at the 16 yd line?

Give me a break. if you every played QB at all you know that's were to look, not some damn official who can go where he wants. Worst excuse ever.

Instead of looking at the guy no one circled here with the 3rd down marker in his hand with a big red vest right at the 16 yd line?

Give me a break. if you every played QB at all you know that's were to look, not some damn official who can go where he wants. Worst excuse ever.

All I'm trying to say was that's what Hoyer was following and if the official is normally standing right in front of the 3rd down marker guy, you would often assume that the official is who QB's might look at as the guide to where LOS was, that was just the question I asked in the initial post as to what the guidelines were for the officials in these situation. Just showing indicator as to why Hoyer stupidly did what he done, not making any excuses for him.

Im sure there was a point in that, but no self respecting browns fan is going to write in the gayest font possible. I couldnt read it, when i tried to decipher that girly script i could feel my balls shriveling.

Archived