THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hoyer is the reason we're losing...

Tim Couch Pulls Out

for sake of argument, one could easily point out that manziel won last year, went to a post season bowl game and won that too, with the worst defense in his league...sometimes the offense has to make up for the defense's shortcomings....just being "statistically" good doesn't feed the bulldog....you have to find a way to win....

Manziel won in College. His slate is clean in the NFL, so college stats mean nothing.

all the statistics you chose don't mean shit...the only statistic that counts is the ave. number of wins per game....right now the average nfl qb has won 1.5 games out of 3 played....hoyer has 1 out of 3...so he's below average in the only stat that means anything......hopefully, that will improve...but he's got to win the next game just to be an average nfl quarterback.....pretty sure that's the way pettine looks at it.....all this coming close bullshit is just that....it's winning that matters.....

oh man. it's wins that matter? shit.

someone get pettine on the horn...we've got this shit all wrong.

Thanks, genius.

Manziel has just as many wins as he does completed passes...0.

Why start a thread with this title??

Did you read the very next line in the starting post? Go back and read it

Finding joy in reading idiocy?

Illiciting material for writing tabloids?

Wasting server space?

Baiting trolls, obviously...

Wasting my time right now?

You clicked on it...and then commented twice.

CTR is up, engagement is up....it's done its job.

I just said this same thing to my brother on a short ride in the car today. Seriously how the F does our OC not know a play he puts in and spends practice time on is illegal?? That is some dime store amateur crap

Actually, it would have worked, if West hadn't moved. The Refs weren't aware of the rule, and the play would have stood. As to a HS play-- see below.

.. or our HC... or...

I think it was Wilbon that called it a High School play today on PTI.

Play like a Brown needs to start with Play-calling like a Brown.

So for the short attention spans, let me remind you the Bengals beat the Browns a few years back on a trick play- (Browns D fell asleep, remember?) And they pulled another one this past Sunday.

And my 0.02- trick plays have been part of the game since"The Statue of Liberty". If you can get a cheap score using one, more power to ya. Or you want to make onside kicks, fake punts & field goals illegal too? :)

Actually, it would have worked, if West hadn't moved. The Refs weren't aware of the rule, and the play would have stood. As to a HS play-- see below.

So for the short attention spans, let me remind you the Bengals beat the Browns a few years back on a trick play- (Browns D fell asleep, remember?) And they pulled another one this past Sunday.

And my 0.02- trick plays have been part of the game since"The Statue of Liberty". If you can get a cheap score using one, more power to ya. Or you want to make onside kicks, fake punts & field goals illegal too? :)

I had no problem with the play itself. Like you said, if the play works we have a 40 yard gain and everyone

on here would be raving about what a great call it was. The problem with a play like that is that it's only going

to work once--so if you're gonna run it you can't fuck it up. Which we did.

Undisciplined.

Apparently you're not allowed to line up within 15(?) yards of the sidelines when in front of the benches - that is, within the 30 yard lines.

I'd never heard of the rule, and the refs basically forgot about it, I think.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22."-Yosarian

"It's the best there is."- Doc Daneeka

LOL! Funniest book I ever read after living it a year in Vietnam. :lol:

So for the short attention spans, let me remind you the Bengals beat the Browns a few years back on a trick play- (Browns D fell asleep, remember?)

Sooner or later you have to set aside a loss and move on...

"That's some catch, that Catch-22."-Yosarian

"It's the best there is."- Doc Daneeka

LOL! Funniest book I ever read after living it a year in Vietnam. :lol:

Great book... easy top ten (Slaughterhouse 5 being #1), but...

Worst translation to a movie of any book I have read (but I never read Dune).

The movie was a Catch 22 itself...

If you read the book, then you could not help hate the lost depth of the movie; but...

... if you did not read the book, then there was no hope for you to understand the movie.

I mean... there was not a single mention in the movie of a "cat on his face"!!!

all the statistics you chose don't mean shit...the only statistic that counts is the ave. number of wins per game....right now the average nfl qb has won 1.5 games out of 3 played....hoyer has 1 out of 3...so he's below average in the only stat that means anything......hopefully, that will improve...but he's got to win the next game just to be an average nfl quarterback.....pretty sure that's the way pettine looks at it.....all this coming close bullshit is just that....it's winning that matters.....

How exactly do you win 1.5 games out of three. You either win three, two, one or none. Hoyer is statistically a top ten quarterback right now.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Man, there are some dumb motherfuckers on this board.

Let's see..............each team has played 3 games. Half of the qbs have won 1.5 games. You must be a mathematician.

And yeah man..............the qb is the only factor in whether we win or lose. Blocked kicks don't matter. Receivers falling down doesn't matter. Missed tackles do not matter. Penalties are not significant. Corners getting fried means nothing. We only lost because of the qb. He put up great numbers, made great decisions, got rid of the ball quickly, was pretty darn accurate, showed courage in the pocket. was poised, etc...........but yeah, he is below average because of your amazing ability to divide 3 by 2. You are a real fucking genius, my man. :lol:

Facts and logic do not work on the johhny cock suckers. There's no hope for them.

With all the years that have passed and all of the Browns starting QB's and all of those draft pix, CLE finally has a real NFL quality starting QB, and a future starter in a draft pick. One of doze guyz is gonna start for some other team next year. When it rains it pours.

However, I will fault Hoyer for not blocking Suggs on that double reverse.

That was his assignment.

The CBS announcers tried to give him a free pass on that but I say, if the QB is to pussy to throw an assigned block, then don't run the play.

I seen Roethlisberger throw that same block on many occasions.

Welcome to the NFL Hoyer.

If yur gonna compete in this division then block that Raven like a Steeler.

If yur not gonna compete, then you will find yurself in last place,

again,

and again.

Oh, I guess that's where you are already.

Then never mind.

The reason you are losing is because you have limited to zero experience at many key positions and a pedigree for losing is hard to overcome.

QB....actually, he seems to be doing fine for the most part.

WR....I don't think it is "experience" we are lacking there....Austin/Hawkins have a lot of experience. How good these experienced guys are may be an issue. And of course losing one of the best receivers in the game hurts.

Head Coach...Yes, he is inexperienced, no doubt. Has that been a factor in the couple of losses so far? Hard to say. Arguable

GM...I don't know that "experience" is such a factor here, as long as that GM makes good personnell choices. I mean Mike Lombardi had plenty of experience and sucked swamp water. Better to have a goon inexperienced GM than an experienced bad one.

Over-rated defense

Is it overrated....or just underachieving so far? A new, very complex system apparently is being put in place. If this defense does not get its act together by midseason, then yes, overrated might be applicable

Man, there are some dumb motherfuckers on this board.

Let's see..............each team has played 3 games. Half of the qbs have won 1.5 games. You must be a mathematician.

And yeah man..............the qb is the only factor in whether we win or lose. Blocked kicks don't matter. Receivers falling down doesn't matter. Missed tackles do not matter. Penalties are not significant. Corners getting fried means nothing. We only lost because of the qb. He put up great numbers, made great decisions, got rid of the ball quickly, was pretty darn accurate, showed courage in the pocket. was poised, etc...........but yeah, he is below average because of your amazing ability to divide 3 by 2. You are a real fucking genius, my man. :lol:

no idiot...even the mentally challenged, like yourself, must know you can't win a half a game....it's an average moron....after 3 games each team has won an average of 1.5 games.....the browns, with hoyer, have won 1 game, 1 is less than the average....i know this is deep...but stay with it...maybe it will eventually sink in.....

and you're right....all those other statistics don't mean shit if you're not winning...it doesn't make any difference how fucking fast hoyer gets rid of the ball if he keeps losing more games than he wins.....

as it turns out, the browns are about to play the 4 shittiest teams in football and they should win all of them....if they do, their winning percentage will go up and their winning percentage will be "better than average." hey...you guys can continue to cream over how great hoyer is, now that the one stat that actually means anything is looking good....

the problem is, then we start playing decent teams again....if hoyer keeps winning, that's great. if he goes back to winning one out of every three, the season's lost and the browns miss the playoffs again.....

the bottom line is that hoyer hasn't proven he's a consistent winner....until he does he's just a 'looks good on paper' loser.....and this has nothing to do with manziel btw....it's true even if manziel isn't even on the team...the name of the game is winning....not that bullshit you're spewing....

Hoyer is doing a pretty good job considering Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron are missing. Now if we could only stop the run and quit letting teams convert on third down.

That was his assignment.

I guarantee you it was not...

Otherwise... good post...

With all the years that have passed and all of the Browns starting QB's and all of those draft pix, CLE finally has a real NFL quality starting QB, and a future starter in a draft pick. One of doze guyz is gonna start for some other team next year. When it rains it pours.

That was his assignment.

The CBS announcers tried to give him a free pass on that but I say, if the QB is to pussy to throw an assigned block, then don't run the play.

I seen Roethlisberger throw that same block on many occasions.

Welcome to the NFL Hoyer.

If yur gonna compete in this division then block that Raven like a Steeler.

If yur not gonna compete, then you will find yurself in last place,

again,

and again.

Oh, I guess that's where you are already.

Then never mind.

I can guarantee that was not Hoyer's assignment, just as it's not Roethlisberger's.

No (smart) coach will ever task his QB to block on any play, especially not on anyone in the front 7. I've been around the game of football for a long time and I've never once heard a coach tell a QB to block. I have heard them say "get in the way", "try to draw a flag" and also "lay down and don't move".

Roethlisberger throws that block not because he was asked to, but because that's the type of player he is. Not saying Hoyer doesn't possess that sort of passion, but Roethlisberger is just a tenacious, in-your-face type player. It also doesn't hurt that he's roughly the same size as most linebackers.

I can guarantee that was not Hoyer's assignment...

Too late... beat you by 6 minutes...

But if you'd like to underwrite my guarantee, give me a ring...

Excellent points.

Fair enough.

I'll have to be quicker on the take next time.

No problem, my friend...

Where are you posting these days? Even Fact-o-Sad seems abandoned...

No problem, my friend...

Where are you posting these days? Even Fact-o-Sad seems abandoned...

Haven't been posting much of anywhere, I'm afraid. Career got in the way. Our firm is rapidly expanding so I've been preoccupied.

Plus, I was very wrong about Hoyer and I am eating my required crow...and enjoying the ride.

Things settle down for 'round week 10, so I'm sure you'll see a lot more of me 'round then.

Apparently you're not allowed to line up within 15(?) yards of the sidelines when in front of the benches - that is, within the 30 yard lines.

It's 5 yards, not 15. And "between the 30's" is significant because a team's bench players, coaches, etc. "must" remain between the 30's.

Put them together and basically it's a camouflage rule meant to keep teams from "hiding" on-field players in the mass of sideline personnel... and, yes, it's stupid...

Hoyer is playing very very well...

He's going to make a nice buck if he can play like this all season.

Forgot about his play without a contract gambit... looking pretty smart so far.

... engagement is up....it's done its job.

Who got engaged?

Archived