THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Haden got smoked again

WalterWhite

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not considered a glass half full kind of guy usually, but do you ever see anything positive? Ever?

I envision you wathing the games in a bath tub, eating a PB&J with crumbs all over your face, a toaster and razorblade on the ledge of the tub..

Nothing personal Walt, just sayin.

Gilbert looked terrible yet again. He's more of a concern IMO.

Dennard plays in dime packages and isn't being asked to play over his head like most rookies are. It also helps playing behind a badass front 7.

Absolutly. Our front 7 isn't puting a lot of presure on qb's. You add that to the fact that we played against 3 superbowls qb's, and you see why our secondary struggles.

I'll have to go back and watch, but from what I remember watching, this seems to be the most that Haden has been asked to play press-man in his career.

He doesn't have the speed to constantly be pressing. Beat the press, Haden doesn't have the elite speed to catch up.

But, I was pretty drunk...I might be wrong.

I was apt to give GIlbert a break until I saw what Roby's doing in Denver. Roby looks like he's been in the league a few years. Gilbert, and also other members of the secondary....look lost in the tall weeds.

I would make a similar argument to the one above that the Denver front 7 is stout and gets to the QB a lot better.

I like Joe, a lot, but I too am disappointed in his coverage. Not sure what the problem is, but it isn't just him, it's all 11 + the DC.

injury or the rule change is my guess

Where's all the press coverage that I kept hearing about that the Browns were going to be playing this season? Gilbert was the best press corner in the draft and was selected as such because he fit Pettine's physical corner scheme. I haven't seen any Browns corner get up in the wideout's grill and run him off his route all season. The Browns' corners always seem to play a few yards off the LOS and never get their hands on the receiver, and the receiver winds up running his route just as it was designed. What gives?

Sorry Peeps, He resigned because he want's to stay in C-town and Win for this town. He make this team better. Not many Revis's out there and you see the number 1 rated CB in draft, Gilbert which now we call Gil burnt.. I see Gipson in help zone coverage, but where the hell is W hitner??

Sorry Peeps, He resigned because he want's to stay in C-town and Win for this town. He make this team better. Not many Revis's out there and you see the number 1 rated CB in draft, Gilbert which now we call Gil burnt.. I see Gipson in help zone coverage, but where the hell is W hitner??

I personally thought Roby and Dennard were better CB's than Gilbert. The only reason I didn't bitch about the Gilbert pick initially was being happy about not drafting Manziel 8overall.

Haden is an average player. Average speed, size and skills. He is performing commensurate with his skills. I don't see that he is a disappointment. The only people disappointed in his performance are those who thought this was a REMENDOUS draft pick, and that Haden was a top prospect. He never was that, and it was only delusional Browns fans who thought he was going to be a shutdown type guy.

He's average. Like MOST of the Browns talent.

Until Cleveland takes advantage of it's first round picks and actually goes for the VERY TOP picks, their probability of drafting difference makers is not going to be very good. Yes, yes, I know, drafting the very best is expensive and risky, but look at the shit team we have from playing it " smart and conservative".

The Browns are a constipated team. It feels like bowell activity, your stomach is rumbling, you sit down to shit, you squeeze like a motherfucker, and alas.... it is all for not........ nothing happens.

Big Ben, Wadkins, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Luck, on and on it goes........... we draft FAKE top picks like Quinn, Richardson and Manziel and pretend that WE TOO ARE A HUNGRY organization. We aren't............ we just don't gamble on the best, and until the Browns DO start betting the farm on big play makers, we will remain a constipated team unable to win close games.

Sounds like someone has to take a shit..

let's go easy on Mingo..afterall he was our best pass rusher this year. He played hurt on SUnday which was arguably his worst game. First two games he held his edge and did get some pressure, just not any sacks. Haden has been getting burnt when it counts now for multiple seasons.

Let's package Mingo and Haden in a trade deal.. They both suck.. I'll take a 6 pack of pepsi for'em.

Something is goin on. I mean he didn't suddendly became a bad player. There has to be a health or scheme issue

No, he has been bad the whole time

He was never that good.

fuck you all, especially walter white who has become the board's new constant whiner bitch.

how long does it take an OL to gel? 1 game, 2? no, more like years.

you bring in a whole new staff with a whole new scheme and expect everyone to just play like all pros from the starting bell. GTFO.

if we would have won would we even be having this discussion? (i'm sure walter would have posted something negative though anyways).

look at all the 'good' teams right now and look at their games. someone on the other side is always getting burned or missed a coverage. haden is the worst? gilbert sucks cuz he's played what 8 qtrs in the nfl?

you fuckers can suck a dick. you know nothing about nothing. sit and whine and bitch and when things turn around and we start winning and the defense finally starts to play like a cohesive unit, i'm gonna come back on here and bury everyone of you ass lickers.

go root for the niners. opps wait, what is their record? fucking cunts.

This team needs to draft better

agreed.

BUT

this is the first year of the new farmer/pettine regime.

can you give them more than 3 games before you throw gas on their houses and want to call them idiots?

dude we should be 3 and 0 right now and you know it. and our losses have nothing to do with those players you listed.

let's go easy on Mingo..afterall he was our best pass rusher this year. He played hurt on SUnday which was arguably his worst game. First two games he held his edge and did get some pressure, just not any sacks. Haden has been getting burnt when it counts now for multiple seasons.

Mingo has no football IQ.

HE might be a freak athelete, but if he has no idea where he's going or where he's supposed to be, that athletic ability means NOTHING

He might as well return punts. Oh wait we need on of those guys

Mingo has no football IQ.

HE might be a freak athelete, but if he has no idea where he's going or where he's supposed to be, that athletic ability means NOTHING

He might as well return punts. Oh wait we need on of those guys

and manziel should be a receiver.

Archived