THE BROWNS BOARD

Could Hue be one and done?

Canton Dawg

Browns beat reporter Daryl Ruter just tweeted. . .

Hue Jackson meeting at length with Haslams post game is alarming. Right after losses is not the time to have those discussions IMO, sorry

Does anyone think that Jimmy could be planning on cutting the Hue Jackson experiment after one year?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the end of 2016 the browns will have paid off 6 coaches for 16 years of non-service coaches from pink slips..To the tune of $49Million$..Palmer,Davis,Crennel,Mangini,Shurmur & Chud..From Clev.com article in 2014, Haslam own words were"These are expensive moves" But not the Guiding Factor either"...IMO, Hue would have to quit on Haslam & Team..Just don't see it

Maybe we could trade for that speedy Taylor Gabriel at Atlanta .......

I have high expectations that we will put in our seasons best performance next weekend .....

Maybe we could trade for that speedy Taylor Gabriel at Atlanta .......

I have high expectations that we will put in our seasons best performance next weekend .....

LOL! They were just laughing at the Browns during the Sunday Night Football halftime show for letting him go as they were showing his speed and TDs

Browns beat reporter Daryl Ruter just tweeted. . .

Hue Jackson meeting at length with Haslams post game is alarming. Right after losses is not the time to have those discussions IMO, sorry

Does anyone think that Jimmy could be planning on cutting the Hue Jackson experiment after one year?

Unless Jimmuh met with Hue to tell him "get your head out of your ass, if we're going 0-16 play those young guys."

Who will be the one to call the Haslam out? The suck starts with him

true, hue has no talent to work with yet is taking all of the accountability.....

it's not his fault he has a close to 40 year old journeyman, no o-line, and a bunch of undrafted free agents and rookies to work with.

let's see how it plays out because we need to get a solid core of blue chip playmakers in the next couple drafts. no trading down to the bottom of the first round or second round the next two years.... take the best player available.

few thoughts

1) far as gabriel its not like he ever did anything here so not so sure can blame that 1 on browns

2) HUE- i agree cant keep starting over but at same time i find funny how people have basically complain coach after coach fire him but hue goes 0-12 most want keep him

Hue blows. What's the gold star on his resume? Couldn't get a PB QB to play up to a level to make it 2 games into the post season ever? Tying your wagon to marvin lewis or getting canned in oakland when they realized what they hired? Pederson in philly walked into a team in redeuz and looks pretty good doing it with a rookie signal caller and we got S. H. I. T.

Oh and btw, i love the nonchalant attitude of everyone involved in the org that 'we don't care about winning this season' as this team is breaking franchise and long-storied nfl records for suckage. Love the browns but who wants to be the guy in the club house shitter talking proudly of sticking by the all-time worse football team in history? It's like you bragging that you threw a counle of hundred down on Skin The Cat as Secretariat goes across the line winning by ten lenghts.

true, hue has no talent to work with yet is taking all of the accountability.....

it's not his fault he has a close to 40 year old journeyman, no o-line, and a bunch of undrafted free agents and rookies to work with.

let's see how it plays out because we need to get a solid core of blue chip playmakers in the next couple drafts. no trading down to the bottom of the first round or second round the next two years.... take the best player available.

I agree with you but we still have the same GM making the picks that we have had the past few years.

Oh and btw, i love the nonchalant attitude of everyone involved in the org that 'we don't care about winning this season' as this team is breaking franchise and long-storied nfl records for suckage. Love the browns but who wants to be the guy in the club house shitter talking proudly of sticking by the all-time worse football team in history? It's like you bragging that you threw a counle of hundred down on Skin The Cat as Secretariat goes across the line winning by ten lenghts.

What's he supposed to say? "Yeah we wanted at least 5 wins from Hue because we like the number 5 and it's a good number, if he doesn't get them he's fired" or "I don't understand why we're not in the playoffs, we're so great and all our players should be pro bowlers" or "Honestly we knew we wouldn't be in the playoffs and this year won't be judged on wins and losses"

Which one seems reasonable? Which seems deluded? Which applies unnecessary additional pressure?

We still have Ray Farmer making the picks?

Haslam has been the common thread in all our picks. It's pretty common knowledge around here that he is and has been our GM. Joe Jones called him the Dollar General store version of Jerry Jones. Remember, Jimmy and Dee Dee are half the Gm quadrafuck we have going on.

Haslam has been the common thread in all our picks. It's pretty common knowledge around here that he is and has been our GM. Joe Jones called him the Dollar General store version of Jerry Jones. Remember, Jimmy and Dee Dee are half the Gm quadrafuck we have going on.

I'm not completely sold on him interfering any more to be honest. I can't see guys like Sashi and DePodesta signing on - and Sashi with full knowledge of the situation - if there was going to be any shenanigans from up top. I think (read: I hope) Jimmy learned his lesson from Johnny 'bums on seats' Manziel and the Hobo and doesn't require our brain trust to 'make a splash' so to speak.

But it wouldn't shock me to find out it's still the case, for sure.

I'm not completely sold on him interfering any more to be honest. I can't see guys like Sashi and DePodesta signing on - and Sashi with full knowledge of the situation - if there was going to be any shenanigans from up top. I think (read: I hope) Jimmy learned his lesson from Johnny 'bums on seats' Manziel and the Hobo and doesn't require our brain trust to 'make a splash' so to speak.

But it wouldn't shock me to find out it's still the case, for sure.

Stosh and the Pud are purely numbers guys. Neither one has any qualifier's to pick NFL talent. Sure there's a scouting team out there but when it comes down to crunch time...JIMMY!

If you look at things like Jimmy being in charge of talent for the past 3 years, it all makes sense. He cannot judge talent for shit but sure wants to keep meddling.

Stosh and the Pud are purely numbers guys. Neither one has any qualifier's to pick NFL talent. Sure there's a scouting team out there but when it comes down to crunch time...JIMMY!

If you look at things like Jimmy being in charge of talent for the past 3 years, it all makes sense. He cannot judge talent for shit but sure wants to keep meddling.

There's a scouting team, a vastly experienced coaching team, talent evaluators, and then one guy (Sashi) who brings all of the information together to get a consensus of the best players/fits. I've never understood this need for the GM to be a supreme talent evaluator, the guy is going to spend so much of his time churning the roster that he's not going to ever really have much time to do his scouting, and even if he does it won't be on all 350 or so college guys and the hundreds of NFL free agents every year, so he's for sure going to need to lean on his scouts very heavily anyway.

If anything, it's probably a good thing that you don't have someone at the top who is driven by ego and will disregard the scouting advice and just go with one man's opinion (hi Ray Farmer, Mike Holmgren, Mike Lombardi...)

Archived