THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump proposes debate with Bernie, then cowers out?

jbluhm86

Can everyone who's pissed off about this tell me what Trump would have stood to gain by actually doing this debate?

My idea was he could have preached the stuff he's the similar on as Bernie, like trade - and how weak and cowardly Hillary is.

Bernie seriously had way more to gain though - with him getting an insane amount of exposure to possibly win California.

My idea was he could have preached the stuff he's the similar on as Bernie, like trade - and how weak and cowardly Hillary is.

Bernie seriously had way more to gain though - with him getting an insane amount of exposure to possibly win California.

I'm disappointed it isn't happening, but really, what does Trump gain? Crooked Hillary is already doing a good enough job of shitting her pants to the point that it might cost her the nomination. If Bernie ends up winning the nomination, all it would do is help build Bernie's momentum.

Nothing.

But then again, he brought it up first... so...

So...? He ran his mouth and dominated the news cycle for another 5 days. This is his campaign's M.O. I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about the shitstorm he's created. This will be a nonfactor by the time the DNC chooses a nominee.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/the-sanders-trump-debate-was-never-going-to-happen/484742/

Trump comes out of his looking like an disingenuous schoolyard bully, but then that’s his stock in trade. Sanders comes out of it looking awfully thirsty, having gone after the bait in his increasingly futile quest for the Democratic nomination. Instead, he made himself a pawn in a Trump publicity game. Who knows what it means for Hillary Clinton. Some pro-Clinton pundits, like Jonathan Chait, were convinced that the debate would have been terrible news for Clinton, since Trump would likely have used the occasion to attack Clinton without response, while both would have undermined the legitimacy of her nomination. Who can say, though? Both Trump and Sanders are unpredictable, inconsistent debaters. It could have been a snooze, or it could have been a fracas. It would have been loud, and the Queens-Brooklyn accent showdown would have been tremendous.

Archived