THE BROWNS BOARD

Staggering corruption at the highest military levels...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-man-who-seduced-the-7th-fleet/ar-BBtyq9f?li=BBnbcA1

And people wondered how the chinese navy has closed the gap with us so quickly. Thos guy was getting everything from these naval officers. And all it took was high priced dinners and hookers apparently. This investigation goes to the highest levels of the navy. And we're supposed to feel special about these people? These are the same sociopathic dishonorable louse's that populate and dominate corporate america

There are corrupt lawyers, doctors, politicians, priests, pastors, police, firemen...

teachers, plumbers,

the list is really long.

So why would anybody think all military are completely honest and outstanding citizens?

I was in the military - and let me tell ya - I knew some corrupt dipstick officers.

and a lot of outstanding ones. Bitch about the corrupt ones in the military, but no lib bitches

about the corruption in the clintons,or obamaos in our WH.

and a lot of outstanding ones. Bitch about the corrupt ones in the military, but no lib bitches

Many of the ones pushing Bernie are, so I wouldn't say "no" lib.

There are corrupt lawyers, doctors, politicians, priests, pastors, police, firemen...

teachers, plumbers,

the list is really long.

So why would anybody think all military are completely honest and outstanding citizens?

I was in the military - and let me tell ya - I knew some corrupt dipstick officers.

Has obama goven the plans for our latest carriers and destroyers to the chinese? This is high treason. We just rolled out the zumwalt but joke will be on is when china undocks a copy in a couple years. I mean fuck what the hell. You expect this from or two spies, ok fine....but this is naby high brass. These guys arent hard up for money or prestige, i dont get it

Another intelligent video from cintucki. Go serve your country faggot.

Well...

I work, pay my taxes, don't commit crimes, and do not engage in treason - foreign or domestic - so i'd say i'm currently doing what the vast majority of the typical American populace does to support my country, thank you.

And speaking of taxes, i'm positive some of my tax dollars are going to the VA, which will probably being replacing your most likely cirrhosis-diseased liver in the near future. So, please feel free to have a drink or two this holiday weekend. I highly recommend a "Cintucki"-brewed beverage, such as Rhinegeist, MadTree, or Christian Moerlein.

HINT:

not having been in the military means you should STFU. (mic drop)

So I guess the other 93% of the U.S. population shouldn't have the freedom to have an opinion as well. And, are the peacetime vet's opinions less valuable than the wartime vets? I'd like to know the hierarchy here.

chalabi-datalab-veteransnew.png?w=575

Well...

I work, pay my taxes, don't commit crimes, and do not engage in treason - foreign or domestic - so i'd say i'm currently doing what the vast majority of the typical American populace does to support my country, thank you.

And speaking of taxes, i'm positive some of my tax dollars are going to the VA, which will probably being replacing your most likely cirrhosis-diseased liver in the near future. So, please feel free to have a drink or two this holiday weekend. I highly recommend a "Cintucki"-brewed beverage, such as Rhinegeist, MadTree, or Christian Moerlein.

Fuck you and your tax dollars. No liver disease here . You have no right to say anything so butt the fuck out.

Fuck you and your tax dollars. No liver disease here . You have no right to say anything so butt the fuck out.

The 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the United States says otherwise, guy. You know, the one that comes before the "right to bear arms" amendment that conservatives get so worked up about? Perhaps you missed it.

Another intelligent video from cintucki. Go serve your country faggot.

HINT:

not having been in the military means you should STFU. (mic drop)

The funny thing is, if you actually go back in this thread to when this hub bub began, you'll find that I didn't state anything negative about the military at all; I posted a video of "In the Navy" by the Village People. You both just took that whole "no opinions for non-military people" ball and ran with it. Freudian slips, perhaps?

giphy.gif

A. My statement doesn't mean you don't have the right to express your views.

It simply reflects the futility of liberals running their mouths in ignorance.

B. Cleve thinks that joining and being in the military.... is like believing in mmgw.

Really, Cleve? That's pititful. And, it's an excellent example of emotional liberal

knee-jerkie. It makes you feel good to have a smart ass reply, despite the fact

that it makes no sense at all.

C. Cleve - you are no marine when you believe in mmgw. Don't let any other liberal

tell you differently. It's true.

D. My argument is, being IN THE MILITARY and experiencing the waste in the military,

is a lot different that bitching about waste in the military but you have no idea outside

of the standard liberal bitch. Otherwise, you have no clue, and may as well STFU about it.

J. I skipped to "J" Just for Jblew,

"The funny thing is, if you actually go back in this thread to when this hub bub began, you'll find that I didn't state anything negative about the military at all; I posted a video of "In the Navy" by the Village People. You both just took that whole "no opinions for non-military people" ball and ran with it. Freudian slips, perhaps?"

But you are a liberal, and liberals have no sense of humor, therefore, you are not funny, although laughing AT you

has some merit. I never said you did state anything negative, negative nitwilly nancyjblew. Although, the posting of

in the navy by the village people diverted the subject, ridiculed the military, and as usual, you don't have a clue

about what you are saying. I think you are Cleve's "other brother Daryl"

I think we need to take a poll to see who is "Larry"

D. My argument is, being IN THE MILITARY and experiencing the waste in the military,

is a lot different that bitching about waste in the military but you have no idea outside

of the standard liberal bitch. Otherwise, you have no clue, and may as well STFU about it.

Granted, that since you were (presumably) in the military, and I have not, that you would indeed be more knowledgeable at certain military related things than I, but lets not get too carried away.
Firstly, you've mentioned previously that you are in your 60's, which puts your military service, if you entered between age 18-21, at somewhere around the late 60's-early 70's Vietnam era - well over 40 years ago. Logically, how the military spends its money and what it spends its budget on have presumably changed since you last served in uniform - drastically, in some areas. So, I highly doubt that your perceived expertise on the subject is not as deep as you would like to imagine. To put this in perspective, it'd be akin to a WWI vet who'd been out of the military since the roaring 20's coming to you back when you were serving in the military and claiming that he was more knowledgeable than you about the then-current military spending excesses - based solely off of his service in WWI, when tanks were an emerging technology and the Springfield M1903 were the main battle rifle. It would be absurd. Just because you served in the military almost half a century ago, that doesn't automatically qualify you to be well versed in the 21st century's military waste.
Secondly, I may not have been in the military, but I do know how to read:
Cfo8hNJWcAI8Ed9.jpg
"On a grand scale, the report showed – yet again – that U.S. military spending easily dwarfed the rest of the world. With a defense budget of around $597 billion, it was almost as much as the next 14 countries put together and far larger than the rest of the world. China, a rising military power and the world's most populous country, is perhaps the only country that can hold a candle to America's military budget. However, its own budget of $145.8 billion is less than a third of the U.S. budget."
So, Cal, you tell me: for a country who's military is technology comparable to it's peers, yet spends more than the next 14 countries to obtain the same technology, do you think that there's possibly of a great deal of military waste? And, if your livelihood in that military could be considered to be either part of that potential waste or directly enabling it, would you be the first person to bring that to attention, or would you more than likely bury that shit for job security and keep feeding the machine? Obviously, self auditing of military waste by the institution that is being wasteful would be highly dubious, at best, and would require auditing and scrutiny from institutions outside of the military In this case, non-military based people would be highly important.

...I never said you did state anything negative, negative nitwilly nancyjblew. Although, the posting of

in the navy by the village people [1]diverted the subject, [2]ridiculed the military, and [3]as usual, you don't have a clue

about what you are saying...

1. The whole topic of this thread is about the U.S. military which, last time I checked, the U.S. Navy is a member of. DieHard was talking about the Navy. I posted a video that is called "In the Navy" which, ironically enough, talks about the fucking Navy; so, no, I did not divert the subject. Try again.
2. I posted this song because, honestly, it's the only song petaining to the Navy (besides "Anchors Away") that anyone outside of the Navy actually knows. The song was, in fact, commissioned by the U.S Navy in the first place:
"After the enormous commercial success of their 1978 hit "Y.M.C.A." which unexpectedly became the unofficial hymn and powerful advertising tool for the YMCA, the group took on another national institution, the United States Navy. The Navy contacted [Village People's] manager Henri Belolo to use the song in a recruiting advertising campaign for television and radio. Belolo gave the rights for free on the condition that the Navy help them shoot the music video. Less than a month later, Village People arrived at Naval Base San Diego where the Navy provided them with the frigate USS Reasoner, several aircraft, and the crew of the ship (with the stipulation that they couldn't dance).The Navy later canceled the campaign after protests erupted over using taxpayer money for a music video of a controversial group".
Not only was I not insulting the military by posting the video, it actually also pertains to the thread topic of military spending waste. So, whatever negative connotations or imaginary slights that you and DieHard are attaching to this song are your own, and were brought to the discussion strictly by you both. Freudian slip much?
3. Obviously, you are referring to yourself on that one.

Cfo8hNJWcAI8Ed9.jpg

"On a grand scale, the report showed – yet again – that U.S. military spending easily dwarfed the rest of the world. With a defense budget of around $597 billion, it was almost as much as the next 14 countries put together and far larger than the rest of the world. China, a rising military power and the world's most populous country, is perhaps the only country that can hold a candle to America's military budget. However, its own budget of $145.8 billion is less than a third of the U.S. budget."

So, Cal, you tell me: for a country who's military is technology comparable to it's peers, yet spends more than the next 14 countries to obtain the same technology, do you think that there's possibly of a great deal of military waste? And, if your livelihood in that military could be considered to be either part of that potential waste or directly enabling it, would you be the first person to bring that to attention, or would you more than likely bury that shit for job security and keep feeding the machine? Obviously, self auditing of military waste by the institution that is being wasteful would be highly dubious, at best, and would require auditing and scrutiny from institutions outside of the military In this case, non-military based people would be highly important.

Stuart

You are taking into account that America serves as the worlds policeman right? To use other countries as a comparison is frivolous.

It's safe to say that if we only defended our own borders as most of these nations do our military budget would be far less.

CFAVfUu.jpg

Firstly, you've mentioned previously that you are in your 60's, which puts your military service, if you entered between age 18-21, at somewhere around the late 60's-early 70's Vietnam era - well over 40 years ago. Logically, how the military spends its money and what it spends its budget on have presumably changed since you last served in uniform - drastically, in some areas. So, I highly doubt that your perceived expertise on the subject is not as deep as you would like to imagine. To put this in perspective, it'd be akin to a WWI vet who'd been out of the military since the roaring 20's coming to you back when you were serving in the military and claiming that he was more knowledgeable than you about the then-current military spending excesses - based solely off of his service in WWI, when tanks were an emerging technology and the Springfield M1903 were the main battle rifle. It would be absurd. Just because you served in the military almost half a century ago, that doesn't automatically qualify you to be well versed in the 21st century's military waste. Jblu

Waste in the military, and all over our gov probably hasn't changed much. I doubt that "you're older, and things have changed"

means that you are "in the know" about military waste because you are younger?

That makes zero sense. And, having been in the military, I have a common bond with young guys who were joining,

and have joined the military. Two are in the Army, one in the Marines, two in the Navy. I talk to them once in a while.

Some things have not changed much. I imagine the USMJ hasn't changed too much overall. The USMJ regs were

something like 101...100...103..whatever... for the uniform regs.

Anybody who has been in the military will probably attest to the waste in the military. I knew a kid from the inner city,

who wanted to have his own restaurant someday - he was a cook, and loved it. He told me that the mess halls

had all this excellent food, meats, desserts, etc.... that was thrown out after a designated time.

That's a lot of waste - he said he mentioned that a lot of that food could be donated to food banks, etc.

He was a black kid that grew up hungry so much - amazing guy, amazing story. Always sent nearly all his money

back home to his Mom and sister, a lot like my friend Ponce did, to Puerto Rico.

Back in the day, there was actually a scandal - Charleston AFB, I think, where a commander had too much inventory...

and before an IG inspection - he buried brand new typewriters, jeeps, a lot of stuff, in a back section of land on the base,

before they got written up for said over-inventory. That was decades ago.

What I find annoying, is that you can NOT get liberals to talk about waste in entitlement/welfare spending.

It's usually the lib emotional knee jerk "hey, you just want black people to starve, you're a racist"

They will insist that that waste is just a necessary aspect of the excellent program, ... etc.

But MILITARY WASTE? Oh, hell, that is terrible - cut it back blah blah blah...

But it doesnt change the fact that we're getting fleeced by the military industrial complex. What should bother you is that we're spending epic amts of cash on weapons programs that are not nearly as far ahead of the competition ad they should be. We're spending but the gap is clising ever quicker. Refusing to acknowledge that is a mystifying case of head up ass.

you have to remember that R&D over years is very expensive. Doesn't cost much

for China and co. to steal secrets one way or another.

you have to remember that R&D over years is very expensive. Doesn't cost much

for China and co. to steal secrets one way or another.

Always has been the case. The concept of R&D hasnt changed cal. When a company goes 7 years over and almost 200 million overbudget.....thats ok? Well hell then lets wait till it hits 500m and is 10-12 years late. Why ever stop? Im sure the company will have perfectly valid reasons why they still havent delivered a functional plane in 17 years. Just give em more money should be fine right?

No, you have the idea that gov waste is bad across the board, and not just

the parts of gov you don't care about.

I'm not defending gov waste anywhere, never have.

I worked in R&D most of my career - only the first year in the lab, the rest as

the only programmer in the dept. I did a lot of really cool stuff.

On a national level - as much as energy prices go up (thanks for nothing obaMao), employees

get raises, prices of everything goes up....

there is also greed - overpricing to outrageous levels, lavish and unnecessary spending on dept levels..

. Look, it took years of work to create conductive polymers to perform to production applications level, including cost-effectiveness. And you are talking about an advanced bomber/fighter?

Here's what is really sad - this thread was started on Memorial Day Weekend. Putting up an American Flag to honor all the vets

who died, fighting to make the world a safe place for the rest of us.

Archived