THE BROWNS BOARD

Russians kill 28,000 ISIS fighters

StinkHole

Stuart

So the story goes...

Russia kills 28,000 ISIS fighters, turning them into your JV team Obama... while the more kindler gentler, never shoot first U.S. forces only managed to waste 5,000 of these Muslim savages.

True story or Russian propaganda? Come to think of it, seems we haven't heard much from ISIS lately.

https://www.rt.com/news/344214-russia-killed-isis-militants/

Stuart

So the story goes...

Russia kills 28,000 ISIS fighters, turning them into your JV team Obama... while the more kindler gentler, never shoot first U.S. forces only managed to waste 5,000 of these Muslim savages.

True story or Russian propaganda? Come to think of it, seems we haven't heard much from ISIS lately.

https://www.rt.com <---------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_%28TV_network%29

RT, originally Russia Today, is a Russian government-funded television network that runs cable and satellite television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia as well as providing Internet content in various languages, including Russian.

RT International, based in Moscow, Russia, presents around-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, debates, sports news, and cultural programmes about Russia.[3] RT operates as a multilingual service with conventional channels in three languages: the original English language channel was launched in 2005, the Arabic language channel in 2007, and the Spanish language channel in 2009. RT America (since 2010),[5] and RT UK (since 2014) offer some locally based content for those countries.

RT is a brand of "TV-Novosti", an "autonomous non-profit organization", founded by the Russian news agency, RIA Novosti, on April 6, 2005.[1][6] During the economic crisis in December 2008, the Russian Government, headed by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, included ANO "TV-Novosti" in the list of core organisations of strategic importance of Russia.[7][8][9]

RT has been called a propaganda outlet for the Russian government[10][11][12] and its foreign policy[10][12][13][14] by news reporters,[15] including former RT reporters.[16][17][18] RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation.[19][20][21][22] The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached rules on impartiality, and of broadcasting "materially misleading" content.[23][24][25] RT states that it offers a Russian perspective on global events.[3]

Been watching CNN most of the day haven't heard any of this until now.

Stuart

Doubt the democrat run lamestream media would ever report it. Should Russia indeed turn ISIS into a JV team, Obama would get credit for his shrewd strategic policies that helped stabilize the Middle East....and libtards like Woodley and Cleve would eat that shit up.

It wouldn't be too big a stretch of the imagination to accept that the Russian military has killed 25,000 PEOPLE in Syria, but I doubt that all 25,000 were ISIS. I'd wager that the vast majority were either Syrian rebels opposed to Bashar al-Assad, who's regime the Russians are backing, or civilian casualties, of which the Russians are far less concerned about than the US military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

RT, originally Russia Today, is a Russian government-funded television network that runs cable and satellite television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia as well as providing Internet content in various languages, including Russian.

RT International, based in Moscow, Russia, presents around-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, debates, sports news, and cultural programmes about Russia.%5B3%5D RT operates as a multilingual service with conventional channels in three languages: the original English language channel was launched in 2005, the Arabic language channel in 2007, and the Spanish language channel in 2009. RT America (since 2010),%5B5%5D and RT UK (since 2014) offer some locally based content for those countries.

RT is a brand of "TV-Novosti", an "autonomous non-profit organization", founded by the Russian news agency, RIA Novosti, on April 6, 2005.%5B1%5D%5B6%5D During the economic crisis in December 2008, the Russian Government, headed by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, included ANO "TV-Novosti" in the list of core organisations of strategic importance of Russia.%5B7%5D%5B8%5D%5B9%5D

RT has been called a propaganda outlet for the Russian government%5B10%5D%5B11%5D%5B12%5D and its foreign policy%5B10%5D%5B12%5D%5B13%5D%5B14%5D by news reporters,%5B15%5D including former RT reporters.%5B16%5D%5B17%5D%5B18%5D RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation.%5B19%5D%5B20%5D%5B21%5D%5B22%5D The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached rules on impartiality, and of broadcasting "materially misleading" content.%5B23%5D%5B24%5D%5B25%5D RT states that it offers a Russian perspective on global events.%5B3%5D

I assumed it was common knowledge that the state run Russian news agency is a propaganda machine...that's why I expressed doubt.

TASS is the Russian news agency most are familiar with.

Russia is more effective at fighting Isis because they don't give two fucks about the environmental implications of bombing Isis oil fields and they have less strict rules in minimizing civilian casualties.

Not saying it's all good, just saying why they're so much more effective than we are.

StuartDoubt the democrat run lamestream media would ever report it. Should Russia indeed turn ISIS into a JV team, Obama would get credit for his shrewd strategic policies that helped stabilize the Middle East....and libtards like Woodley and Cleve would eat that shit up.

I don't consider CNN democratic. But I do like that blonde on the Fox channel that's about it.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I do seem to recall plenty of people saying things like "other countries need to take the lead" and "why should we always be the world police" - now that might be happening, people are still complaining?

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I do seem to recall plenty of people saying things like "other countries need to take the lead" and "why should we always be the world police" - now that might be happening, people are still complaining?

People aren't complaining, they're voting for Trump enthusiastically who talks about everybody not paying their fair share and cooperating with Russia.

Ironically that was one of the sociological points in A Clockwork Orange.

Breakdown of English society and spread of Russian influence. The younger generation adding more and more Russian words to their slang? (Ohio natives in East Ohio wearing Steelers shirt?) Anyway if Americans are tired being the world's policeman then someone else will step up.

Personally I prefer to be a world power. Not everyone agrees.

WSS

Stuart

I actually can agree with other countries taking the lead, and am glad Russia did what it did....but part of my point in the OP was strictly about the kid gloves approach our military is being forced to take evident by the stark contrast in kills between Russia and the U.S.

God forbid Israel takes the lead to you liberals though, you get your panties all knotted up even when they defend themselves.

It is indeed, but it's not always necessary to use it for people to know it. In this case, you can let other countries take some of the slack. The US and (and the UK in part) have been leading this fight for too long. And yes, our hands have been tied somewhat by our civility, by which, as has been pointed out the russians are not constrained. Perhaps now Daesh will start attacking Russia? Perhaps not, they have a lot in common after all.

Perhaps now Daesh will start attacking Russia? Perhaps not, they have a lot in common after all.

It's pretty dumb to compare Isis to Russia, tbh. Russians have a strong nationalist sense and despite being tough/brutal they tend to do what they think is best for their country/people.

If they try to attack the Russian homeland they'll get shut the fuck down, they'll get given free housing, food, and health care from the US and European countries as they plan their attacks on our homeland.

But the fact is there's been far more terrorist attacks in Europe lately and those are the countries using the pussy green environment-friendly warfare. As well as giving them housing and all that stuff.

What I meant by the comparison is the dictatorial, no tolerance for anything remotely different, plus very anti gay/equality/whatever.

Vodka of course is a big separator.

We can support our allies, but basically none of our NATO allies pay the 2% GDP requirement on self defense.

They need to be willing to help themselves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

There's the UK at 2%, and, um, South Korea's the only country I'd called first world on there, and they have their own noisy neighbours to worry about.

I love how people piss on anything russian until its something that again fits some kind of preconceived narrative.

Russia probably is killing alot of people in syria. Is carpet bombing neighborhoods where theres a few isis giys the right call? It just causes more shit down the road. I frankly would let russia have the middle east. Give em that shitcake. I hate everybody in tjat whole region

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

There's the UK at 2%, and, um, South Korea's the only country I'd called first world on there, and they have their own noisy neighbours to worry about.

The point still stands - we invest a lot in Japan and Germany and such, for really nothing and they bend us over in trade.

The US has a lot of problems - old infrastructure, lots of people out of work, lots of people without health care, people who can't afford education. We spend too much on being the world's police, maybe you guys can turn to Russia for some help ;)

I love how people piss on anything russian until its something that again fits some kind of preconceived narrative.

Russia probably is killing alot of people in syria. Is carpet bombing neighborhoods where theres a few isis giys the right call? It just causes more shit down the road. I frankly would let russia have the middle east. Give em that shitcake. I hate everybody in tjat whole region

That would be ideal. We needed to stop fucking around over there like 30 years ago.

We don't give 3 fucks about it except for any of them having nuclear capability and getting taken over by Jihadists or whatever - Europe cares much more about it since they're across the pond.

The only reason we're fighting Assad (and Russia by proxy) in Syria is because Europe wants the Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline to reduce their reliance on Russia.

Archived