THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump clinches GOP nomination with 1238 Delegates and other relevant news

bbedward

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/26/479588197/donald-trump-clinches-gop-nomination

---

Other relevant news:

- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have agreed to have a debate (after Hillary backed out of the California dem debate) - they're campaigns are in communication to set it up. Making Hillary look even worse than she already does.

- At a Trump rally they skipped the national anthem due to time - Trump brought the lady on after he started to speak "because we always have time for the national anthem

- After the WA primary, Trump officially has the most votes in GOP primary history

- Trump has surpassed, or is within the margin of error - in every single new general election poll against hillary

482327612-republican-presidential-candid

Bernie does better than hillary in every poll against trump. Hillary is the arch nemesis for republicans and if anything will unite the party after trump shattered it, it would be beating hillary. So who are the democrats electing? Seems sensible.

Bernie does better than hillary in every poll against trump. Hillary is the arch nemesis for republicans and if anything will unite the party after trump shattered it, it would be beating hillary. So who are the democrats electing? Seems sensible.

Trump is going to debate Bernie and focus on how "the system has been rigged for both Bernie and me" and stay true to the stuff they agree on like trade deals and foreign policy stuff.

It will be huge for him in winning over the independent viewers and never Hillary bernouts.

Hillary already has the nomination, and it'll make her look weak too

Just speaking matter of fact here, do you guys think the RNC powers might try to loophole this election away from Trump? It's not outside of the realm of possibility for them to try. Here's a decent read on it: http://lawnewz.com/important/how-the-gop-could-steal-the-nomination-from-donald-trump-even-if-he-wins-majority-of-delegates/

"Of course, if this happened, you can bet that Donald Trump would take legal action to stop it. “It would be playing with fire if they take it away from him. You risk tearing the party apart if you take the nomination away from him in ways that are viewed as less then fair,”

I would view that scenario as highly unlikely, but what has been likely so far? I'm genuinely curious what you might think.

jrb I believe, and I certainly think that the Republican Party hierarchy believes, that would be suicide. It's not like they have a Paul Ryan waiting in the wings to team up with Marco Rubio after losing the primary just by a couple points. They have Ted mother fucking Cruz, who they hate every bit as badly as Donald Trump. Their only solution would be just shit can the entire primary and that wouldn't go well with anybody.

As for the Democrats? I don't think they love Hillary and they would be happy to vote for somebody else even Bernie Sanders. I think the Democrats really wish Hillary would go down so they could vote for Joe Biden.

I usually like Michael Medved a lot but he has been disappointing me lately with his silly anti Trump whining. What he's hoping for is to separate independent runs. Trump, Hilary, Berne and a strict conservative or libertarian.

He's under the impression that the conservative or libertarian would then be able to salvage a win.

I think he's nuts but that's his fantasy.

WSS

Just speaking matter of fact here, do you guys think the RNC powers might try to loophole this election away from Trump? It's not outside of the realm of possibility for them to try. Here's a decent read on it: http://lawnewz.com/important/how-the-gop-could-steal-the-nomination-from-donald-trump-even-if-he-wins-majority-of-delegates/

"Of course, if this happened, you can bet that Donald Trump would take legal action to stop it. “It would be playing with fire if they take it away from him. You risk tearing the party apart if you take the nomination away from him in ways that are viewed as less then fair,”

I would view that scenario as highly unlikely, but what has been likely so far? I'm genuinely curious what you might think.

I don't see them attempting this at the convention; they'll be laughed out of the room by the overwhelming amount of support Trump is now getting from the establishment. The only way forward for the #NeverTrump movement is if Bernie opts for a 3rd party run. Douchebag Romney could probably get on the ballot in a few states that he could steal victories (eg. Utah) from the other 3 candidates. If no one gets 270, the vote goes to Congress. Republican Congress would vote in Romney before they vote in Trump. The odds of this happening seem incredibly unlikely, but I think it's the only way that a candidate other than Trump becomes president.

I don't see them attempting this at the convention; they'll be laughed out of the room by the overwhelming amount of support Trump is now getting from the establishment. The only way forward for the #NeverTrump movement is if Bernie opts for a 3rd party run. Douchebag Romney could probably get on the ballot in a few states that he could steal victories (eg. Utah) from the other 3 candidates. If no one gets 270, the vote goes to Congress. Republican Congress would vote in Romney before they vote in Trump. The odds of this happening seem incredibly unlikely, but I think it's the only way that a candidate other than Trump becomes president.

I guess the only thing I'd disagree about that is the "overwhelming support for Trump" I think a lot of folks might be publicly saying one thing to ride coat tails, but I think deep down there is a striking fear (or w/e word you want to use) about Trump and how it would change the GOP's "good old boys" club. I agree with what you're saying and believe this is what will happen, but I just think there's a lot of back room parlor conversations on how they could block Trump too.

Hillary's campaign on suicide watch. If Bernie can win California, DNC convention is going to be contested.

Not only win California, but he has to win in an absolute landslide which seems very unlikely.

This debate is horrible for Clinton though, most-watched debate of the election by far and the soon-to-be presumptive Democratic nominee won't be there.

---

And they can't possibly block Trump at the convention anymore - he'll have 1400+ delegates + the most votes in GOP history. The only option would be third parties which is too unrealistic of a scenario. it's easier for the powers-that-be to try to get Hillary elected.

Archived