THE BROWNS BOARD

Climate change activist leading by example

bbedward

Was he supposed to swim? And these new elite private jets are like fucking prius's compared to the past engines. As for dicaprio i cant stand him much

Commercial flight?

It still uses a fuck load of fuel to transport one or a few people - the irony is there.

I mean this is a fuckwad who makes green documentaries and tells people to lighten their carbon load by walking or taking the bus, then he flies a private jet all over the place.

Including 6 times in 6 weeks, before: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3044176/Leonardo-DiCaprio-eco-warrior-flew-private-jet-NY-LA-SIX-times-SIX-weeks-Sony-hack-documents-reveal.html

defullofcrapio should have pretended to not be a hypocrite loser...

and taken this to get there:

Freakin sissy lowclass ass liberals want everybody ELSE to know that WIND

is a renewable energy resource resource.... no carbon footprint !

What a fraud.

330px-Segelboot_Bodensee_Mainau_%28Foto_

Yeah take a comm fligjt where no one will leave you alone the entire flight. They just lead diff lives. He has diff realities than we do. Who here had their own security entourage raise their hands? People like him often have to have personal bodyguards.

I would do all of that stuff but I'm not the guy preaching to everybody about using too much fucking fuel and how they have to conserve to save the planet.

WSS

Flying to places doesn't make you a hypocrite. Also, fun fact, a standard jumbo jet from maybe 5-10 years ago - a 777 or similar - full of people uses about the same amount of fuel, once you factor in things like transport to and from the airport at each end, as people making the journey in individual cars, in groups of two.

Flying to places doesn't make you a hypocrite. Also, fun fact, a standard jumbo jet from maybe 5-10 years ago - a 777 or similar - full of people uses about the same amount of fuel, once you factor in things like transport to and from the airport at each end, as people making the journey in individual cars, in groups of two.

So say maybe 10 people are using almost the same amount of fuel as a 777 filled with 400 people.

I'm sure the private jet is using less than a full passenger plane, but it's not that much less.

The point is this guy tells me I should ride the bus to work while he has a bigger carbon footprint in 1 week (1 month?) than most people do in their entire lifetime.

Sorry, that was mainly directed at Cal.

For your post, I still mostly disagree but I see your point. I think you can speak out against climate change and still take a private jet. Hopefully you'd be doing what you can to help the issue.

Plus I firmly believe any real change needs to come through the government, not individuals. Though he is a powerful individual.

Stuart

More clear proof that Hollywood celebrities are the experts on foreign policy, the economy, social issues, and climate change.

and they are in line with guys like Ben Rhodes who shape policy for the king...

of course they have to run such matters through Val first

Doesn't this fall in line with why some folks in other countries hate Americans? The haughty "do as I say, not as I do routine"?

"You all have to get your act together and clean up your carbon footprint"

"What me? Naw I can't be bothered by that shit. I'm fucking important. And need X,y,z.."

Get fucked Leo.

Yes, it's quite hypocritical. But like has been said before, he's a world famous celebrity, so regular means of travel are probably out. Doesn't preclude him from flying first class with its exclusivity though.

The general point about solving climate change, though, is that we aren't going to, and really shouldn't, drastically alter our lifestyles, but find 'clean' ways of doing those things. For example, nothing around the house needs to change because it all runs on electricity (with maybe the exception of a gas stove?) and there are plenty of clean ways of producing that electricity. Same for public transport, intercity trains all run on electricity. Etc.

Archived