THE BROWNS BOARD

2012 Highschool Football! Who You Got?

St. Ignatious looks tough against Mentor this weekend.

St. Edwards needs to perform in the second half of the year.

Glenville needs a kicker.

Cardinal Mooney needs to stick to D3 teams.

S. Willoughby will be in the Hunt.

Solon was way over ranked.

Stuebenville needs to stop raping girls and covering it up.

Who else you got?

I think Iggy will beat Mentor by 17 on Saturday, and it pains me to state that. I've been to both of Mentors first two games and although they aren't all on the same page (in typical Mentor precision fashion), Mitch Trubisky is the real deal. They have also improved from week #1 to week #2, I think Euclid is under-rated and Erie McDowells big back is over-rated.

Brunswick surprised with a huge blow-out of Lake Catholic ... I took notice there.

I think Iggy is just much too good this season and they will repeat.

Looking forward to Iggy/Mentor on Saturday, that game totally over-shadows the NFL Openers for me.

its tough to rule out mentor yet.

eds and iggy play stx and moeller plus they face each other last week of the season. thats brutal

lake catholic looked past brunswick, who have a talented duo of brothers playing.

strobel is missed dearly by mentor.

eds is missing the d1 lineman dearly

i wish i could say iggy is missing something dearly, the only edge eds has over iggy is speed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

St. X with the beat of Moeller looks strong after a 1 point loss to Trinity.

Glenville will all but be eliminated from th eplayoffs with a loss to St Igg.

Mentor is not equal to last years team.

St. Eds has 4 of their last 5 games on the road. McDowell/Cardinal Mooney/Moeller/St. Igg. only home game being St. X

Solon is done as is Lake Catholic.

South Willoubhy needs to get a tougher schedule.

• 3 weeks later...

The Annual Holy War is shaping up to be the Game of The Year.

St. Edwards vs. St. Iggy.

St Ignatius (Cleveland) 100%

St Edward (Lakewood) 100%

Mentor 100%

North Royalton 100%

Warren G Harding (Warren) 100%

South (Willoughby) 100%

Austintown-Fitch (Youngstown) 99% (7W-69% 8W-99% 9W-100% )

North Olmsted 71% (6W-1% 7W-23% 8W-83% )

Cleveland Heights 18% (7W-1% 8W-27% )

Glenville Academic Campus (Cleveland) 5% (8W-5% )

Mayfield 4% (6W-10% )

Top 6 playoff spots are already taken.

WOW!!!

St. Ed's vs. St. Iggy

Week 10 Matchup of the year.

Nationally ranked as #4 and #5 will be shown live on STO.

Should be considered the State Championship that can never happen. Colerain looks to be the only team that could derail either one of these top 2 teams.

Both Ed's and Iggy have home feild for 1st round of playoffs no matter the outcome of this game.

Anyone got a sleeper team in Div. I ???

I'm going to the St. Ed's vs St. Iggy game on Saturday!!!

I heard it sold-out in 15-minutes, but I have a buddy who's son plays for Iggy and I contacted him and scored a ticket. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Mentor has been playing extremely well since the Iggy beat-down. They are well rested having only had to play their starters for only a half in recent games. They have had a weak schedule this year, which is unlike Mentor but this new format and league they are in are just down, it's not their fault. I'm not confident they can hang with either Iggy or Ed's, but I expect Mentor to be much more honed and matured at this late stage in the season and am expecting Iggy & Ed's may take on a few casualties in the Holy War and from recent trips to Cincy. That's why ya play the game, right?

I'd like to see Euclid somehow make the playoffs. Of all of Mentor's opponents this year, I was most impressed with Euclid outside of the Iggy game. I guess it don't matter though as Whoever gets that 7th & 8th spots are gonna get killed by Ed's & Iggy. However, a Willoughby-vs-Mentor first round match-up will be a very evenly matched contest of explosive offenses and of neighboring/rival towns.

Rank W-L ID # City School Average Playoff Status

1 9-0 1346 Lakewood St Edward 30.8608 clinched home game

2 9-0 1354 Cleveland St Ignatius 29.7361 clinched home game

3 9-0 1440 Willoughby South 28.8500 49.5 clinched home game

4 9-0 1154 North Royalton North Royalton 25.9333 clinched playoff spot

5 8-1 692 Warren Warren G Harding 25.2424 clinched playoff spot

6 8-1 1016 Mentor Mentor 23.1616 48.0 clinched playoff spot

7 8-1 148 Austintown Austintown-Fitch ... 21.2677 ...control own destiny

8 7-2 1146 North Olmsted North Olmsted 18.4056

9 6-3 540 Euclid Euclid 17.9667 33.0

10 7-2 1408 Shaker Heights Shaker Heights 16.1500

11 7-2 385 Cleveland Heights Cleveland Heights 16.0944

12 6-3 270 Lyndhurst Brush 16.0444

13 7-2 652 Cleveland Glenville 14.9646 41.5

14 5-4 980 Mayfield Mayfield 14.2778 29.5

15 5-4 248 Broadview Heights Brecksville-Broadview Heights 13.4722

Wow, North Olmsted choked and possibly let Glenville back in as the 8th seed?

Mentor secures the 4th seed and home field and will tune-up on North Royalton?

All unofficial, of course ... Wow what a finish though and impressive 41-0 thumping of a pretty decent Twinsburg team by Mentor tonight.

It's all taking shape!

As someone who coahed HS football for a while as a HC and won a few state titles, i think Austintown Fitch is probably the most dangerous 7 seed ive seen in the last 20 years in R1D1, they have an outstanding fast, athletic D.in the 9 wins they have allowed on average 6.6 Points per game, the 2nd or 3rd best in all of D1. Massillon put a beaten on them but Fitch had alot of starters injured for that game but they look healthy now, half the D was out for the Massillon game.

St. Eds is going to be in for a long day if they have to see Fitch in the 2nd round, and i would be surprised if Eds wins by more then 7, would not be one bit surprised to see Fitch win. Iggy would be tougher for Fitch because LaManna is a good passer but it would still be a 2 score game at best. i have Fitch as the 3rd best team in R1 and top 5 team in D1. but if Iggy loses today, Fitch plays Willoughby South as the #2 seed, and Fitch wont have a problem winning that game.

Toledo Whitmer looks really good in R2, but they also dont play anybody with a pulse till week 10 so its going to be interesting to see how they do, i like the Massillon Tigers to win R2

Colerain maybe in the last year of football as they have serious money problems and really need the levys to pass or Football is finished, so dont be surprised to see them pull out all the trick plays and luck plays they can to get to 15-0.

D4 ill be shocked if Brookfield doesnt win it all, that team reminds me of the Urusline teams that won 3 state titles, very good team and returns 18 starters for next year.

Harding and Mentor is going to be a good match up, Mentor struggles to stop the run and Harding struggles to stop the pass, i like Harding to win because i think they have a better D.

i like Urusline to win D5 again this year, the QB is very Tebow like but with a stronger arm, kids really really good, WVU and Ohio St have already been in contact trying to recruit him ,he's a JR. 6'4 225 already.

the D1 playoffs are going to be the best they have been in a few years, going to be alot of good games from week 12 and on

Wow, North Olmsted choked and possibly let Glenville back in as the 8th seed?

Mentor secures the 4th seed and home field and will tune-up on North Royalton?

All unofficial, of course ... Wow what a finish though and impressive 41-0 thumping of a pretty decent Twinsburg team by Mentor tonight.

It's all taking shape!

Glenville never had a shot after they lost their 2nd game, they needed everyone else past the 7-7 seed to finish with a losing record (4-6 or worse) because the schedule was that weak, it was the equal to playing 6 D6 schools

Eds beat Iggy which means St. Eds grabs the #1 seed will see Mayfield

St. Iggy i think will fall to the #3 seed and will see North Royalton

Fitch will play the new #2 seed Willoughby South, a rematch from the 2010 playoff game that Fitch won 42-35 behind QB and now Pitt WR Demetrius Davis and the 4/5 Matchup of Mentor-Harding stays the same

scratch that, St. Iggy needed a 1 win out of state team to win tonight, and they did so Iggy will stay at #2, play fitch, Willoughby south will play North Royalton and the other 2 matchups stay the same

St. Eds vs Mayfield

St. Iggy vs Fitch

Willoughby South vs North Royalton

Mentor vs Warren Harding

Look at the schedule St. Ed's played this year and you'll know why they have a shot at the mythical national title.

Everybody who's in the playoffs is 0-0 now, so alot can happen.

Looks like a St. Ed's vs. Mentor game is shaping up as long as Mentor can dispatch WGH.

Mentor has a nice team, but as it gets colder and wetter there offense starts to look more pedestrian.

Fitch has a shot if they can stop McVey, i have no idea why Iggy's didn't run him exclusivly in the fourth quarter againts Ed's. Unless they possibly are more content facing an easier route than the Eagles now have as a #1 seed.

Either way whoever comes out of Region 1 will not have smooth sailing as Region 4 is equally dangerous with a slew of top ranked programs such as St. X, Moeller(who defeated Louissville Trinity) and Colerain.

St. Edwards has to be considered a serious threat as they have mastered the "Bend but don't break philosophy".

Alot of things are possible but a rematch of "Holy War Pt. 2" will certainly attract more than the 13,000+ that was in attendance Sat. night, provided the venue could handle it.

Fitch looks good on paper but has little experience against top ranked opponents such as Iggy's.

In DII congrats to the Westlake Demons who reach the playoffs for the first time in 23 yrs. Overcoming the talent that migrates out of Westlake is a big step in keeping a few of there own.

Look at the schedule St. Ed's played this year and you'll know why they have a shot at the mythical national title.

Everybody who's in the playoffs is 0-0 now, so alot can happen.

Looks like a St. Ed's vs. Mentor game is shaping up as long as Mentor can dispatch WGH.

Mentor has a nice team, but as it gets colder and wetter there offense starts to look more pedestrian.

Fitch has a shot if they can stop McVey, i have no idea why Iggy's didn't run him exclusivly in the fourth quarter againts Ed's. Unless they possibly are more content facing an easier route than the Eagles now have as a #1 seed.

Either way whoever comes out of Region 1 will not have smooth sailing as Region 4 is equally dangerous with a slew of top ranked programs such as St. X, Moeller(who defeated Louissville Trinity) and Colerain.

St. Edwards has to be considered a serious threat as they have mastered the "Bend but don't break philosophy".

Alot of things are possible but a rematch of "Holy War Pt. 2" will certainly attract more than the 13,000+ that was in attendance Sat. night, provided the venue could handle it.

Fitch looks good on paper but has little experience against top ranked opponents such as Iggy's.

In DII congrats to the Westlake Demons who reach the playoffs for the first time in 23 yrs. Overcoming the talent that migrates out of Westlake is a big step in keeping a few of there own.

R4 is no where near as strong as R1, not even in the same galaxy, 6 out of the top 7 teams in R1 could get to week 14 in R4, Iggy and Eds just went down to Cincy and beat Moeller and St. X in week 9. and Fitch has experiance vs Harding and Massillon Washington along with Defending state champs Cardinal Mooney and another team who just missed the playoffs in Brunswick, Iggy's schedule was mixed with some good and some bad teams as they played 5 teams with losing records

Fitch and Iggy have a common team on their schedule in which Fitch beat Mooney 49-7 after calling off the dogs at halftime whle St. Iggy won 31-7 but only lead 14-0 at half.

Strength of schedule goes 100% out the window when the playoffs start, Glenville plays in the weakest league in Ohio and plays maybe 1 decent out of schedule team each year yet nearly won state a few years ago and used to be state champ contenders, same with Mentor, Weak league but yet in week 12-14 pretty often its all about match-ups in the playoffs and Fitch matches up very very well with Iggy, both teams have an equal shot at winning saturday.

R4 is no where near as strong as R1, not even in the same galaxy, 6 out of the top 7 teams in R1 could get to week 14 in R4, Iggy and Eds just went down to Cincy and beat Moeller and St. X in week 9. and Fitch has experiance vs Harding and Massillon Washington along with Defending state champs Cardinal Mooney and another team who just missed the playoffs in Brunswick, Iggy's schedule was mixed with some good and some bad teams as they played 5 teams with losing records

Fitch and Iggy have a common team on their schedule in which Fitch beat Mooney 49-7 after calling off the dogs at halftime whle St. Iggy won 31-7 but only lead 14-0 at half.

Strength of schedule goes 100% out the window when the playoffs start, Glenville plays in the weakest league in Ohio and plays maybe 1 decent out of schedule team each year yet nearly won state a few years ago and used to be state champ contenders, same with Mentor, Weak league but yet in week 12-14 pretty often its all about match-ups in the playoffs and Fitch matches up very very well with Iggy, both teams have an equal shot at winning saturday.

I definately wouldn't underestimate St. X or Moeller. Moeller just defeated Lous. Trinity and St. X has lost to the nations top teams.

Mooney looks as crappy as i've ever seen. Iggy could have put a 100 on Mooney if they wanted to. The only reason St. Ed's had a lopsided win against Mooney is that Mooney opted to keep their starters in. As far as DIR1 goes

St. Ed's by 14+

Iggy's by 14+

Mentor by 21+

W. South by 30+

I definately wouldn't underestimate St. X or Moeller. Moeller just defeated Lous. Trinity and St. X has lost to the nations top teams.

Mooney looks as crappy as i've ever seen. Iggy could have put a 100 on Mooney if they wanted to. The only reason St. Ed's had a lopsided win against Mooney is that Mooney opted to keep their starters in. As far as DIR1 goes

St. Ed's by 14+

Iggy's by 14+

Mentor by 21+

W. South by 30+

yeah and Iggy and Eds just beat the shit out of Moeller and X so i dont care if they beat trinity. not sure how they could have put 100 on mooney when they couldnt even hit 21 at half time but keep looking like a moron, its too funny really, you think you know football yet in 2 post you've proven you know absolutley jack shit LOL! im willing to bet my life savings and 3 title rings you dont even know what a football looks like

leave the opinions to a pro like my self, talk to me when you coach teams to state title wins chump

yeah and Iggy and Eds just beat the shit out of Moeller and X so i dont care if they beat trinity. not sure how they could have put 100 on mooney when they couldnt even hit 21 at half time but keep looking like a moron, its too funny really, you think you know football yet in 2 post you've proven you know absolutley jack shit LOL! im willing to bet my life savings and 3 title rings you dont even know what a football looks like

leave the opinions to a pro like my self, talk to me when you coach teams to state title wins chump

Not quite sure why you went the asshole route?

HS coaches of state champions usually don't spout off as braggards either.(and yes, i know quite a few with far more credentials than you)

Iggy-Mooney 21-0 at halftime

Ed's-Mooney 33-7 at halftime why are you disputing Mooney having a down year?

R4 is not as strong as R1, but has quality teams not to be underestimated, how can that be disputed?

As far as leaving opinions up to an internet toughguy aka. "internet state champ"coach. Go fuck yourself.

This whole thread is about opinions, don't post or read if you don't like it. Dick.

Go somewhere else and stroke your ego with your 'pop warner titles'.

Ed's vs. Mentor

Iggy's vs, North Royalton

Not to difficult to see the tougher match up. Ed's By 14. Iggy's by 14. (turnovers as always will be huge)

As far as the other regions, Hilliard, Whitmer and Colerain look like the favorites. (Moellar will be the only thing to stop Colerain)

Westlake Demons bow out at the 1 yardline to lose in OT. Good season though for the co-SWC champs.

Ed's vs. Mentor

Iggy's vs, North Royalton

Not to difficult to see the tougher match up. Ed's By 14. Iggy's by 14. (turnovers as always will be huge)

As far as the other regions, Hilliard, Whitmer and Colerain look like the favorites. (Moellar will be the only thing to stop Colerain)

Westlake Demons bow out at the 1 yardline to lose in OT. Good season though for the co-SWC champs.

Although St. Ignatius will probably destroy Royalton, I have to go with them since I live here. Eds will crush Mentor.

Archived