THE BROWNS BOARD

Sam Bradford out for year. (torn ACL)

WalterWhite

Never even got to see the hit. Was terrible camera coverage. Not even a replay.

They did show another camera angle @ halftime. I had the game on DVR and did a frame by frame. It looked like Armonty Bryant got blocked into Bradford- he grabbed him up high- and when he pulled him down- Sam's knee buckled. It wasn't a particularly hard hit- and it certainly wasn't a dirty one.

I feel horrible for the Rams. This was a contract year for Bradford, he should take this year and next, and possibly attempt a comeback in 2016.

IMHO Sam should take the cash and call it a career. Rams may regret not drafting Bortles. One of those guys who's made out of glass & could have been great. Shades of Montario Hardesty and Lawyer Tillman. . A re-do of an ACL tear on the same knee? You're going to need an artificial knee by the time you're 50 Sam.

I was at the game and they showed the replay 3 times.

It looked like the weight of Armonty Bryant snapped Bradford's knee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doTMMm8W5iE

I'd be surprised if the Rams don't just roll with what they've got and when they ultimately land in the top 10 picks next year get a franchise guy. There's a significant amount of high quality QB prospects this year that the Rams could likely get their guy.

I always hate to see this type of thing though. However, let us not forget Bradford was taken before the rookie salary cap and had a cool $50 million GUARANTEED so I don't feel too bad about the contract situation. He'll land a back-up role no problem but there's no way the Rams can keep this waiting game up.

They did show another camera angle @ halftime. I had the game on DVR and did a frame by frame. It looked like Armonty Bryant got blocked into Bradford- he grabbed him up high- and when he pulled him down- Sam's knee buckled. It wasn't a particularly hard hit- and it certainly wasn't a dirty one.

IMHO Sam should take the cash and call it a career. Rams may regret not drafting Bortles. One of those guys who's made out of glass & could have been great. Shades of Montario Hardesty and Lawyer Tillman. . A re-do of an ACL tear on the same knee? You're going to need an artificial knee by the time you're 50 Sam.

I bet someone would offer him 3 or 4 mill a year to come hold a clipboard. Id take an artificial knee for that cash...

Archived