THE BROWNS BOARD

Who gets cut today?

Mudfly

Considering almost everyone is playing poorly, not sure how this first cut is gonna go....but here is my stab at who get's a pink slip today(or tomorrow maybe),,,,,,,,I "think" we have 90 on the roster, which means 15 have to go today......

OL - Mcdonald

OL - Harris

OL - Salimu

OL - Lee

TE - Ogbuehi

TE - Webb

RB - Crowell

WR - Smith

LB - McSurdy

LB - Martin

DL- Henderson

DB - Adams

DB - Nelson

DB - Heath

DB - Williams

Farmer is PRAYING someone cuts a decent DB(CB).........soon!

Farmer is PRAYING someone cuts a decent DB(CB).........soon!

really? i would think farmer feels pretty good with the depth we have in our D backfield (even though a lot of that depth is rookie players).

i'd be thinking OL, OL and OL. then WR all day long.

hey how about a QB?

really? i would think farmer feels pretty good with the depth we have in our D backfield (even though a lot of that depth is rookie players).

i'd be thinking OL, OL and OL. then WR all day long.

hey how about a QB?

I wouldnt disagree with that, but would say we've known all along that OL and WR need upgrades and more depth....the problem is we dont have quality "starters" .....and you rarely find starters on the waiver wire.....

On the other hand, we keep hearing about the depth on defense and our great DB's.....yet, the back ups are getting completely torched....so, if we are set with starters and only need back up depth, then odds are better that the waiver wire MIGHT provide an upgrade....

So, my point was that the players we CAN get off waivers aren't likely to improve our talent at "starting" positions....like RG or Wr......BUT, we might score a few players who can at least upgrade some back up positions that are lacking depth....

I kinda thought they would try to slip him onto the PS.

......as far as I know, he hasn't shown anything but a couple brief flashes running the ball(can you say Ben Gay???).....

...but I did see a couple of his interviews and gotta say that he came off as a little bit......um, well, stupid....... And, in the NFL, stupid means you dont really grasp or understand blocking assignments, blitz packages and complicated offensive schemes....

...and if you can't block FIRST, that means you can't play rb in the NFL.....because you will get your QB smashed....

I wouldnt disagree with that, but would say we've known all along that OL and WR need upgrades and more depth....the problem is we dont have quality "starters" .....and you rarely find starters on the waiver wire.....

On the other hand, we keep hearing about the depth on defense and our great DB's.....yet, the back ups are getting completely torched....so, if we are set with starters and only need back up depth, then odds are better that the waiver wire MIGHT provide an upgrade....

So, my point was that the players we CAN get off waivers aren't likely to improve our talent at "starting" positions....like RG or Wr......BUT, we might score a few players who can at least upgrade some back up positions that are lacking depth....

i know what you're saying but there is always a team that is rich with talent at one position and can't keep all potential starters on the roster. i mean it's not too far off to say someone else's cast-off at WR could be better than everyone on our roster except maybe hawkins and gordon. same goes with the right side of our OL where there is absolutely no depth and i would venture to say some rookie from another squad would be able to do better than schwartz right now.

i know what you're saying but there is always a team that is rich with talent at one position and can't keep all potential starters on the roster. i mean it's not too far off to say someone else's cast-off at WR could be better than everyone on our roster except maybe hawkins and gordon. same goes with the right side of our OL where there is absolutely no depth and i would venture to say some rookie from another squad would be able to do better than schwartz right now.

Anyone know the story on Bowie.....is he out for the whole year?...a potential starting RT or just a project?....

Waived:

DB Royce Adams

RB Edwin Baker

OL Randall Harris

DB T.J. Heath

DL Cam Henderson

WR Jonathan Krause

OL Ryan Lee

LB Caleb McSurdy

OL Keavon Milton

LB Keith Pough

WR Tim Smith

OL Jeremiah Warren

TE Martell Webb

Contract terminated:

WR Anthony Armstrong

Per Browns app.

The Cleveland Browns make roster moves. Visit http://www.ClevelandBrowns.com for more information pic.twitter.com/owZ5pmVZIs

Bv5TFWVIIAElY5b.jpg

Good that young guy will make the roster over Armstrong.

I'm sure many are shocked that Mitchell Schwartz, survived the first wave.

Zombo

Remember, after next week, they have to let go of 22 more guys....but can bring 10 back to the PS.

OK, who knows the rule on this: Anyone that is cut must be put on the open market on waivers, and must not be claimed on waivers by another team.

...but what is the rule on a player claimed by another team? Must that player remain on that other teams active roster? Or can they be placed on the Practice squad of another team?

E.g....if say Connor Shaw is cut....and claimed by say....the Rams (since they need a QB).....would he have to remain on their 53 man squad, or could they put him on their PS right away?

Yes

Remember, after next week, they have to let go of 22 more guys....but can bring 10 back to the PS.

OK, who knows the rule on this: Anyone that is cut must be put on the open market on waivers, and must not be claimed on waivers by another team.

...but what is the rule on a player claimed by another team? Must that player remain on that other teams active roster? Or can they be placed on the Practice squad of another team?

E.g....if say Connor Shaw is cut....and claimed by say....the Rams (since they need a QB).....would he have to remain on their 53 man squad, or could they put him on their PS right away?

Yes, thats my understanding......if you "claim" a player off waivers, then he must stay on your roster,,,,so you cannot snag players for your own practice roster...

Good that young guy will make the roster over Armstrong.

I'm sure many are shocked that Mitchell Schwartz, survived the first wave.

Zombo

Z, of course The Schwartz will make the final roster- but he had an epically bad game Saturday. He may be out of place at RT- move him to RG, Greco to LG, and move Bitonio over to RT.

Z, of course The Schwartz will make the final roster- but he had an epically bad game Saturday. He may be out of place at RT- move him to RG, Greco to LG, and move Bitonio over to RT.

I am in the minority right now, but I think Scwartz will be a fixture at RT for years to come. Everyone's had bad games. He's got good power and athletic ability, I am picking him to shine this year.

Zombo

I am in the minority right now, but I think Scwartz will be a fixture at RT for years to come. Everyone's had bad games. He's got good power and athletic ability, I am picking him to shine this year.

Zombo

Do you and I alone constitute a majority Z? As I am in general agreement with you.

(yea, yea, I know...I hear it, Z and I constitute a majority of the bullshit on the board. Suck on it baby)

Archived