THE BROWNS BOARD

This Offense Really Sucks

TopDawg31

One thing is for sure, Haslam doesn't fuck around.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he blows it up if they only win 1,2,3,4 games.

There is no FUCKING EXCUSE for the losing.

Andy Reid took over a 1-15 Cheifs team and those boys played.

Chip Kelly took over a shitty Eagles team and they went to the playoffs.

So far, Mike Pettine is a fucking dud.

It's great that you brought up the Eagles of last year because it's a good comparison - you had a new offence installed, new coaches, and some talent on both sides of the ball and a QB controversy.... what happened - they went 1-3 to start the season with pundits and the twitter-verse piling on Chip Kelly ...than it clicked a little bit , than they sucked for 2 games- than they exploded- shit takes time, and even though it is borderline unrealistic for anyone to expect a total turnaround from the Browns this season, you are correct in saying other teams have done it, so why not us.... however it is an act of lunacy that anyone would expect them to turn it around by the third preseason game...so everyone needs to chill out and actually see how the season develops before calling out the organization...

PS The Chiefs are not a comparable situation because Andy Reid had been a successful head coach for a long time and a solid QB who knew the offense and there was no question he would be #1 QB...

Eagles:

QB Competition between Vick and Foley

Talented play-makers on offense and defense

First time NFL Head Coach

New Offense

New Defense

Started out 1-3 , went to 3-5 - got their shit together - playoffs

Chiefs

Alex Smith Definitive #1

Talented play-makers on offense and defense

Long time winning head coach

Same offense installed as #1 QB's system

New Defense

Started off 9-0

finished 11-5

Browns

QB competition

Talented playmakers on offense and defense

First time NFL head coach

New offense

New Defense

Started off?

Finsihed?

I think it would also be a good idea to point out that San Fransisco just scored their first offensive touchdown of the pre-season yesterday. Their offense appears to be quite putrid as well.

While the passing game is nothing short of below average, they do have a very effective ball control offense based on the run game that's yielded great success the past few seasons.

Again I'm willing to withhold almost all judgement(s) until we see how this team performs in the regular season. It wasn't but this time last year when Weeden was looking like a fringe pro-bowler.

One thing is for sure, Haslam doesn't fuck around.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he blows it up if they only win 1,2,3,4 games.

There is no FUCKING EXCUSE for the losing.

Andy Reid took over a 1-15 Cheifs team and those boys played.

Chip Kelly took over a shitty Eagles team and they went to the playoffs.

So far, Mike Pettine is a fucking dud.

Hahahaha, people getting butthurt over preseason(fake football) is the best comedy! I'm glad the browns are shitting the bed in preseason. Everytime a Cleveland qb looks good in fake football games (weeden,McCoy) the real football games are an embarrassment.

We're stuck with Pettine get over it people. For better or worse this is our coach for the next 4 years at least. If we wanted to get rid of him within that time period we'd have to work out some deal with him where he fakes Leukemia as his excuse to "resign". If the browns fire him you'll be looking at procession of Div 3 coaches here in Cleveland for decades. Or special teams coaches from NFL Europe. Hell the Browns might be the first team in professional sports history to host open tryouts for their coaching staff. Anyone can show up and they have you simulate a season of madden. Right now the Raiders are still the most undesireable team to play for according to player polls, but I know Cleveland ain't far behind. Firing pettine anytime soon and we just might yank that coveted award away from the raiders.

Oh, woe is us! We've dropped 3 pre season games & the QBs aren't yet in the Hall of Fame. It's OVER! The season is LOST! The future is GONE! The sky is FALLING! Let's fire all the coaches, trade all the players, give up, & go cry in our beer somewhere. After all, the FO, Coaching Staff, & Team we all were excited about has FAILED after 3 pre season games!

What a bunch of doom & gloom bullshit in this thread, & you call yourselves FANS? No wonder many Fans around the league think Browns' Fans are horrible...No one likes quitters & that's what many of us are beginning to sound like. Do some of you realize how damned stupid & ignorant you appear to be? After 3 fucking exhibition games?

None of us know how these QBs will turn out based on what we have seen so far, & that goes for Bortles & Bridgewater too.

Sorry folks, but I think this Team is heading the right way & I will NOT give up. Don't even MENTION you've waited too long...I'm a damn sight older than most of you, and I'm staying for the ride. I also am aware of many organizational changes through the years, but I think this one is resulting in a lot of positive things. Only time will tell, of course, & mistakes can & will be made, but last time I checked, I wasn't perfect either.

Mike

i'm tired of this rookie ring around the rosie QB shit. FOs nowadays seem to be befuddled and can't pick a QB in the draft to save their lives. sure you got the can't misses but what does that garner 1 or 2 starters per draft?

i say quit fucking around and get a low mileage vet that has played whole seasons on championship caliber teams and has played against championship caliber defenses.

alex smith anyone?

Rex Grossman? Sure he has some miles on em but since most have been on a bench I would assume they are highway miles...

I am always in the camp that says give a new offensive system a couple years to settle in. That goes for Brian Hoyer or Johnny Manziel.

WSS

Sorry folks, but I think this Team is heading the right way & I will NOT give up. Don't even MENTION you've waited too long...I'm a damn sight older than most of you, and I'm staying for the ride. I also am aware of many organizational changes through the years, but I think this one is resulting in a lot of positive things. Only time will tell, of course, & mistakes can & will be made, but last time I checked, I wasn't perfect either.

Mike

Well said!.....and Im with you all the way!! Actually came to this site cause I was so excited about how the team was improving and couldnt wait to discuss....then, BAM!!!.....was slammed with a wall of whining, hating and a general losing mentality....

Seems people think "The Browns" haven't changed and that Lerner is still running the ship.....YES, weve had lots of changes over the last 15 years, after having one solid organization for 35 years +......BUT, things are different now, as LERNER is gone.....people dont get that. They think "The Browns" are a just perpetual organization and it is not..........

Think of the Indians and their history of poor front office choices and bad owners......Then think of Dick Jacobs showing up....what happened when he came in...and what happened when he left......and then compare HIM to Dolan,,,,,,

THEN tell me a new owner can't totally change things around.......I think Haslam is our Jacobs

We, the REAL lifelong fans, will have our moment soon enough....... I thought the FUN part about sports was actually CHEERING your team on, not tearing them down.......If it's all misery for you, then why be a fan at all???

THIS is the year(I say that every year) we get better and start winning...............Go Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!.....and Im with you all the way!! Actually came to this site cause I was so excited about how the team was improving and couldnt wait to discuss....then, BAM!!!.....was slammed with a wall of whining, hating and a general losing mentality....

Seems people think "The Browns" haven't changed and that Lerner is still running the ship.....YES, weve had lots of changes over the last 15 years, after having one solid organization for 35 years +......BUT, things are different now, as LERNER is gone.....people dont get that. They think "The Browns" are a just perpetual organization and it is not..........

Think of the Indians and their history of poor front office choices and bad owners......Then think of Dick Jacobs showing up....what happened when he came in...and what happened when he left......and then compare HIM to Dolan,,,,,,

THEN tell me a new owner can't totally change things around.......I think Haslam is our Jacobs

We, the REAL lifelong fans, will have our moment soon enough....... I thought the FUN part about sports was actually CHEERING your team on, not tearing them down.......If it's all misery for you, then why be a fan at all???

THIS is the year(I say that every year) we get better and start winning...............Go Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post. We need some positive energy instead of all this negative bullshit.

Archived