THE BROWNS BOARD

This Offense Really Sucks

TopDawg31

Hoyer was good in Turners offense but sucks big time in Shanny's offense. Pettine's going to be one and done with this crew.

One thing is for sure, Haslam doesn't fuck around.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he blows it up if they only win 1,2,3,4 games.

There is no FUCKING EXCUSE for the losing.

Andy Reid took over a 1-15 Cheifs team and those boys played.

Chip Kelly took over a shitty Eagles team and they went to the playoffs.

So far, Mike Pettine is a fucking dud.

Honestly it would not bother me if haslam fired pettine today, the guy appears to have all the makings of an absolute turd..

He has no fire on the sideline and winning does not seem to be important to him..

He is like RAC with a streak of mangini stupidity and less football acumen than them both..

Hoyer was good in Turners offense but sucks big time in Shanny's offense. Pettine's going to be one and done with this crew.

I personally witnessed that debacle. On first take, I probably would rate it as one of the 10 worst exhibitions of professional football I've ever attended.

Isn't Pettine's fault that the offense played like total crap. The Rams completely dominated in every category- including injuries- Bradford didn't even play 1\2 a series, and we got killed.

Don't forget Haden, Skrine, and Gordon didn't even play- not that it would have made much of a difference.

Gilbert has to learn to make a play on the ball when he's in position- he has the speed.

What's up with the o-line- they can't block a running play worth crap, Joe Thomas got beat for a 10 yard loss, Bitonio gets called for a hold that wipes out a nice gain.

So blame Shanny- if I'm Pettine, the o sucked so bad, I play the first team the entire first half against the Bears. We play like that in the regular season, 4-12 is optimistic. The Squealers will put up a 50 point ass-whuppin' on us opening day if we play that poorly.

3rd down offensively and defensively is like a dream for this team.. They cant stop anybody nor can they move the chains with any consistency.. I'm going back to My regular prediction of 2-14.. Hell... the way they played.. They may not win a fucking game this year.

at this point of being a Browns fan. I put very little on the preseason. We all saw Weeden play great for 2 preseason games last year. He sucked. He have seen the offense put up big numbers in the preseason, only to turn around and suck.

That being said, IF they do play this way in the regualr season, 4-12 will be about right, with an 0-6 division record for sure

3rd down offensively and defensively is like a dream for this team.. They cant stop anybody nor can they move the chains with any consistency.. I'm going back to My regular prediction of 2-14.. Hell... the way they played.. They may not win a fucking game this year.

You are dead on. I watched the Rams convert 3rd down after 3rd down. They had a 3rd and 25, and threw a 35 yard pass play. The Browns have 3rd and 15, they run a draw for 2 yards.

The Rams converted 12-19 on 3rd down. Each team had 11 drives and the Rams had 74 plays the Browns had 50

You are dead on. I watched the Rams convert 3rd down after 3rd down. They had a 3rd and 25, and threw a 35 yard pass play. The Browns have 3rd and 15, they run a draw for 2 yards.

The Rams converted 12-19 on 3rd down. Each team had 11 drives and the Rams had 74 plays the Browns had 50

It's abysmal, really.

Lucky thing for us Bradford got hurt. It could have been 133 to 14. It's painful to even think this, let alone say it. Ghoolie might be right about Joe Thomas. He could be the most overrated player in the NFL. Sorry....my opinion.

There are literally no highlights to even talk about. That game was a shit show. Maybe once the Josh Gordon shit plays out and Hoyer can just react like he was doing last year, instead of think so much, then we will be ok. The Bills have also looked like pure shit, so if we dont get our shit together, we may be picking 2 times in the top 5 next year.

Mostly a disaster, sure.

But I'd like to make a few dumb observations anyways:

Without Haden, you have a blue chip rookie, and Mcaffaden and whoever else

to help. That's both sides of the secondary. Throws it off badly.

The Rams' defense is one of the best in the NFL, and the Browns have a new system.

Big difference I figure from practice to real play against an oppoenent. both qb's played

a bit better...but the improvement must be a lot more bigtime the next game.

Even Joe Thomas is human, and the qb didn't step up into the pocket. Not good.

Swartz is going to have problems with the best pass rushers often, though, I think. Too bad.

I don't know if Thomas was trying to hedge a bit to help Bitonio, a rookie, out, or not. But Swartz

doesn't have to help out Greco so.... I don't know.

the last game, Pittsburg's offense looked a lot worse. And their defense looked a LOT worse.

Hey, it's exhibtion games. They don't count. And the Browns are just tuning up for when they do,

and not showing much of what they will be doing.

The steelers don't have a new system to hide part of on either side of the ball.

The secondary isn't ready to play, outside of Haden. The lb's and dline are going to rock all season long.

It isn't the regular season, I doubt that Hoyer is allowed to just take off running. These games don't count.

BTW, chip kelly went to an Eagles team that was totally stocked up with talent. The Browns talent is nicely improved.

Not the same deal.

Am the only one who thought the offense looked strides better than last week? The stats aren't great, but the whole unit looked a lot more in sync. Stupid things were stalling drives too that hopefully can get cleaned up. Bad run here, stupid penalty there, and DROPS! That's the most worrisome thing for me, it looks like we lost Little to get the same stupid shit in Miles Austin. Also, let's realize that the Rams are honestly stacking up to be a top 5 defensive unit. Hoyer's int was lousy no doubt about it but his quick decisions were overall good. I was confused though on why Tate wasn't playing a lot, I think he's clearly shown he's the better back for week one anyway.

the sky is not falling guys, preseason is the time to get this shit worked out.

You guys are whiny pussfaggots.

And your the biggest drunken pussey/faggot.. Who really cares!

i like hoyer...he keeps a positive attitude...unfortunately, he's just an average quarter back....he'll make some plays...he'll score some points, but at the end of the day he's not good enough to lead the team for the long haul.....manziel's not ready yet though, so starting him probably isn't the right thing to do....cleveland's in a make do situation....you go with hoyer or grossman and hope for the best...while you try to bring manziel & shaw along.....it's ridiculous to expect manziel to have as much success in the pro's as he did in college....in college he was arguably the best ever....certainly the best ever in the sec for two years in a row...you just can't expect that kind of offensive production in the pros...for one thing...a&m ran a 40% more plays per game than an average nfl team.....and with a magician like manziel that equated to lots of point....the pros play that slow, measured tempo, about 65-67 plays per game, per team...while the aggies would run about 85-90 plays per game...it must be quite a shock to manziel's system to be in the slow, yet highly complex nfl style of play...nothing like what he's been used to....we know he excelled in the college style...it's not clear he will do the same in the nfl style....

meanwhile..you think cleveland has qb problems....even hoyer makes rg3 look bad.....shanahan's old team is in a world of hurt at qb...if preseason games are any indication....

i'm tired of this rookie ring around the rosie QB shit. FOs nowadays seem to be befuddled and can't pick a QB in the draft to save their lives. sure you got the can't misses but what does that garner 1 or 2 starters per draft?

i say quit fucking around and get a low mileage vet that has played whole seasons on championship caliber teams and has played against championship caliber defenses.

alex smith anyone?

i'm tired of this rookie ring around the rosie QB shit. FOs nowadays seem to be befuddled and can't pick a QB in the draft to save their lives. sure you got the can't misses but what does that garner 1 or 2 starters per draft?

i say quit fucking around and get a low mileage vet that has played whole seasons on championship caliber teams and has played against championship caliber defenses.

alex smith anyone?

The problem with that is they get to pick where they play. And even theyre no guarantee. Kevin Kolb anyone?

Hi. Can't you guys tell whe a team is playing possum? Ryan Hoyer will be another QB like the greatest QB in Browns history, one Brian Sipe. Write it down!

Maybe this Ryan guy will, but Brian Hoyer definitely will not. I dont think a team that has sucked for 15 years is being purposely awful.

Archived