THE BROWNS BOARD

The new stadium changes

Browns149

I was at the game 30 minutes early. We sat down in our seats and the sound system was WAY WAY too loud. We had to yell at each other to hear each other. My seats are right below the edge of the overhang in the west endzone, and they put a speaker directly above us.

And then the game started. The announcer always YELLS when it's 3rd down and the Browns are defense.

PLEASE STOP THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is TREMENDOUSLY ANNOYING. Not too mention it seems to fire up the opponent, as the Rams converted 3rd down after 3rd down after 3rd down.

As for the scoreboards,The picture quality was GREAT and they showed 2-3 replays of every play. they look nice but they are NOT used at all like they should be. Hopefully this is just a trial run and they fix it.

But if you know what the new boards look like, a rectangle with a triangle on the right end, the rectangle was used for game plays and the triangle was almost always an advertisement. They showed stats for 10 seconds every 10 minutes in part of the triangle, with the advertisement always right next to them. The ONLY down and distance I could see was on the small side screens, bunched in with a time clock and the score. I would imagine if you were in the upperdeck, you could have been lost on what down it was, well unless it was 3rd DOWN for the Rams. At one point the ad on the video screen for Bud Light was the EXACT same ad that is directly below the scoreboard permanently. Come on guys, you don't need 2 ads for the same beer within 5 feet of each other.

I hope in the next couple of weeks they fix this. Otherwise they could have just left it alone and spent the money on guys that can tackle and catch the ball.

The announcer always YELLS when it's 3rd down and the Browns are defense.

It is TREMENDOUSLY ANNOYING. Not too mention it seems to fire up the opponent, as the Rams converted 3rd down after 3rd down after 3rd down.

lol... I prefer your explanation to the cause I had in mind...

If more people would have been in the stands the excess sound would have been absorbed.

lol... I prefer your explanation to the cause I had in mind...

If more people would have been in the stands the excess sound would have been absorbed.

I wuz dere too. Ya wanna talk about a waste of six hours of driving to see that s**t? Game, I mean. I agree the first down, third down crap has gotta stop. Ya think the average Browns fan is a total moron? Ditto, just put ball, and down and distance on the big screen. Speaking of the new screens- you can probably leave your binoculars at home now. I doubt it would much matter where you're sitting- personally, I could have happily watched the game on the boards.

But- regarding the sound- can't say from where you were sitting- but from my seats- sideline lower deck, I hardly thought it was "loud". If you want to hear loud- head over to Kansas City for a Chiefs game. They have a speaker system over one of the end zones that's 1\2 the size of the new Browns scoreboards. & trust me, I don't have sensitive ears. I know what 110 db sounds like.

Yeah- I have some audiophile tendencies- and I can tell you this fer sure- they were tweaking the sonic balance during the game. Of course, they did plenty of sound checks- in an empty stadium- but it's not the same. (Personally, I would have expected better from a 500,000 watt sound system, but I'm probably the one in 200 fans who can actually tell the difference.) Incidentally- as an audio geek- don't let the 1\2 million watts impress you. SPL (loudness) is logarithmic. It takes 10X the juice to double the volume, all things being equal. A 100k stadium system is only marginally louder than what a lot of guys are blasting out in their dorm rooms. Us audio geeks talk about "bright" and "dead" rooms. An empty stadium is "bright" with the sound bouncing off the chairs. Put 50,000 people in the stands, and us humans absorb all the high frequencies. The initial sonic balance was way too heavy on bass. Noticed in the 4th quarter they got the message, and started cranking up the treble.

East side, Linden & Smithville- don't tell me you're from there too?

I'm from a town called Piqua.

Let's just say if meth were legal, we'd be the most powerful nation on Earth.

We have a lot of teen pregnancy and Nascar fans.

The people here are poor, fat, dumb, uneducated, lack of culture, and no real business in anyway.

The people here are poor, fat, dumb, uneducated, lack of culture, and no real business in anyway.

I'll go OT Paul Sherry Chevrolet- he's right in Piqua. Was even in your neighborhood a few weeks ago seeing if the bike path was completed from Troy to Piqua. (it isn't). You never know. Meet up for a game JFFfan?

Yeah, I know where you are now Walter- had no idea you were from Ohio.

are you sure you are not from pittspuke?????

I wuz dere too. Ya wanna talk about a waste of six hours of driving to see that s**t? Game, I mean. I agree the first down, third down crap has gotta stop. Ya think the average Browns fan is a total moron? Ditto, just put ball, and down and distance on the big screen. Speaking of the new screens- you can probably leave your binoculars at home now. I doubt it would much matter where you're sitting- personally, I could have happily watched the game on the boards.

But- regarding the sound- can't say from where you were sitting- but from my seats- sideline lower deck, I hardly thought it was "loud". If you want to hear loud- head over to Kansas City for a Chiefs game. They have a speaker system over one of the end zones that's 1\2 the size of the new Browns scoreboards. & trust me, I don't have sensitive ears. I know what 110 db sounds like.

Yeah- I have some audiophile tendencies- and I can tell you this fer sure- they were tweaking the sonic balance during the game. Of course, they did plenty of sound checks- in an empty stadium- but it's not the same. (Personally, I would have expected better from a 500,000 watt sound system, but I'm probably the one in 200 fans who can actually tell the difference.) Incidentally- as an audio geek- don't let the 1\2 million watts impress you. SPL (loudness) is logarithmic. It takes 10X the juice to double the volume, all things being equal. A 100k stadium system is only marginally louder than what a lot of guys are blasting out in their dorm rooms. Us audio geeks talk about "bright" and "dead" rooms. An empty stadium is "bright" with the sound bouncing off the chairs. Put 50,000 people in the stands, and us humans absorb all the high frequencies. The initial sonic balance was way too heavy on bass. Noticed in the 4th quarter they got the message, and started cranking up the treble.

I could care less about the window dressing...This team still sucks...BAD!

Sounds like you're in West Virginia.

The improvements are top rate if you ask me, I especially love the new escalator at the east end. The new cheese steak stand looks to be one to try. That will be Thursday's dinner. They do need to make the down and distance easier to locate. Oh and the new entrance for season ticket holders only is cool.

Here hear

My eye sight isn't that bad and It was impossible to be sure if the Browns were 3rd and 16 or 3rd and 18. It seems that the main concern of the powers that be are advertising dollars. Could we take up a collection and replace one of the obnoxious flashing signs with a board showing stats like the big old black panel at Municipal Stadium.

Please put me on the list to join any class action law suit for hearing damage caused by the loud annoying canned trash we were subjected to.

I hate the artificial noise, the flashing high tech colored signs and the quality of the team at this time, in that order.

I do agree with the down and yardage board concerns, but once I found it, it was fine. They could probably work it into the end zone somehow. For the most part the stadium looked good and I liked the improvements. The team....well that's a different story

Here hear

My eye sight isn't that bad and It was impossible to be sure if the Browns were 3rd and 16 or 3rd and 18. It seems that the main concern of the powers that be are advertising dollars. Could we take up a collection and replace one of the obnoxious flashing signs with a board showing stats like the big old black panel at Municipal Stadium.

Please put me on the list to join any class action law suit for hearing damage caused by the loud annoying canned trash we were subjected to.

I hate the artificial noise, the flashing high tech colored signs and the quality of the team at this time, in that order.

Stay home and watch on your black and white 21 inch.

Stay home and watch on your black and white 21 inch.

Never heard of a 21" black and white tv.

If you had to sit 12' right under one of the new speakers, and had to listen to 3RD DOWN................. over and over or 1ST DOWN BROWNS............ you would hate it also

Here hear

My eye sight isn't that bad and It was impossible to be sure if the Browns were 3rd and 16 or 3rd and 18. It seems that the main concern of the powers that be are advertising dollars.

95% of the motivation for expanding the scoreboards is that right there.

Could we take up a collection and replace one of the obnoxious flashing signs with a board showing stats like the big old black panel at Municipal Stadium.

Didnt go to the game but few questions. ive saw lots complaints on following things

Whats thoughts on the food this season?

saw lots complaints that getting into stadium took much longer any thoughts?

also biggest complaint seems be nobody like down and distance hopefully they fix that

Browns 149, I moved my seats this year to 141, and although I didn't notice speakers being too loud (but I'm not directly under them), I can say that 3rd down announcements repeatedly are nothing new. It was the same as last year and Browns were just as shitty at failing to stop the conversions. My wife and I often joke right after, "what down is it again?".

And sometimes I'm amused that the crowd gets excited for a "1st Down Browns" like it's a touchdown, because the frequency of happening is about the same of an average NFL team.

On a side note, it's going to take some getting used to viewing the game so near an endzone. I'm off a corner so it's still a side view somewhat, but I'm beginning to fear I'll miss my old seats even though they were upper deck.

If you had to sit 12' right under one of the new speakers, and had to listen to 3RD DOWN................. over and over or 1ST DOWN BROWNS............ you would hate it also

Well you must be pretty young then. 21 inch B&W was the bomb.

You are right there. don't think we need to be reminded anyway. it's to get everyone on their feet, and cheer lowder, it ain't workin.

Browns 149, I moved my seats this year to 141, and although I didn't notice speakers being too loud (but I'm not directly under them), I can say that 3rd down announcements repeatedly are nothing new. It was the same as last year and Browns were just as shitty at failing to stop the conversions. My wife and I often joke right after, "what down is it again?".

And sometimes I'm amused that the crowd gets excited for a "1st Down Browns" like it's a touchdown, because the frequency of happening is about the same of an average NFL team.

On a side note, it's going to take some getting used to viewing the game so near an endzone. I'm off a corner so it's still a side view somewhat, but I'm beginning to fear I'll miss my old seats even though they were upper deck.

I'm in 139, and you can watch the huge HDTV across the field when your view is obstructed. You'll like being closer to the action when it's on our side.

Archived