THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine needs to just zip it

Kvoethe

Really showing his rookiness with this constant chatter coming out of him. It does nothing but show your lack of decisiveness. Take a page out of the Hoodies ( Belichek) playbook and shut up about your plans and team. Perception is nine- tenths the truth and the truth is you look like you have no idea wtf your doing.

while I don't particularly like him talking, he sounds 100000000000000000 times better then Pat Shurmer or Romeo

No way. It's beyond refreshing to have a coach who has the balls to give an answer when he is asked a question. Bill's monotone, robot like responses are shit for the NE fans. Pettine is doing a fine job, especially juggling the "high profile" owners' draft pick that was bestowed upon him.

No way. It's beyond refreshing to have a coach who has the balls to give an answer when he is asked a question. Bill's monotone, robot like responses are shit for the NE fans. Pettine is doing a fine job, especially juggling the "high profile" owners' draft pick that was bestowed upon him.

Bill also appears to know what he's doing

Bill also appears to know what he's doing

Never said he doesn't, but if I were a Pats fan I would be sick of his nothing answers.

Pettine's the man, let him talk. Hes Italian, you arent going to stop him from talking.

He answers directly to Jimmy in this new structure every one else can blow him.

He starts: Tomlin, Payton, Harbaugh ... three long-tenure Super Bowl winning coaches ... and he will wipe the floor with all three.

Z

No you wouldn't. You would be so happy to be winning that stuff wouldn't matter at all!

......................... <thinking of a comeback > .................................................................

Instead of zipping it up he needs to pack it up..

Possibly the worst coach we have ever had and that is saying a mouthful..

He seems to lack about everything you want to see in a head coach..

No fire..

No guts..

No future..

As pissed as haslam looks one has to wonder if pettine will survive until the bye week..

Instead of zipping it up he needs to pack it up..

Possibly the worst coach we have ever had and that is saying a mouthful..

He seems to lack about everything you want to see in a head coach..

No fire..

No guts..

No future..

As pissed as haslam looks one has to wonder if pettine will survive until the bye week..

He's been really bad at this point.

1. Mismanaging the QB situation.

2. Players not playing with any discipline. (missing blocks, penalties, can't tackle, dropped balls)

3. No fire, energy, or passion surrounding the team

When Brian Bosworth was a rookie he said that one of the first things he learned is that

there are no coaches getting in your face on gameday to get fired up and ready to play.

In the NFL, that is on the players.

I think it bears mentioning that many of our present players were playing the last 3-4 games

last season when they couldn't have acted less interested in playing. The Jets and Steelers

game are real standouts--in those games the last thing the Browns looked like they wanted

to be doing was playing football.

These were the same players who reacted with shock and outrage when Chud was shown the door.

While my pitchfork and torch are still in the garage, I have to admit that I am extremely disappointed in the way the Browns "look". I bought into all this "Play Like A Brown" stuff, but didn't realize that meant to play like a community college team.

While my pitchfork and torch are still in the garage, I have to admit that I am extremely disappointed in the way the Browns "look". I bought into all this "Play Like A Brown" stuff, but didn't realize that meant to play like a community college team.

My previous rant about player responsibility notwithstanding, yeah, I'm disappointed with how we "look".

Before the Lions game I said the two things I was most looking for were organization and discipline.

So far, both are fails. The attention to detail is not there.

If Pettine wants any chance of success in Cleveland, he needs to apply conventional logic to every decision he makes. So far he has done utterly stupid things like:

1. Alternating Brian Backup and Johnny Playground in practice thereby keeping the offense out of sync.

How else do you suggest he handle the necessity of choosing a starting QB? Alternate each play? Consult the Oracle of Delphi?

Really, how else should it be done? Rock paper scissors?

2. Playing Smoke Gordon when "all odds" are that he will not be with the team thereby robbing reps from a player who will be there and keeping the offense out of sync.

I would watch the whole smoke thing all things considered. On the test for post Gordon tested for second hand smoke. Your boys reading said "Cheech and Chong"....which, of course their new nicknames are. Besides, FYI, Gordon did not play Saturday...just as you suggest.

3. He has the talent that "is" there underachieving nicely!

Unfortunatly, all too true.

The reason pre-season doesn't worry people is because the starters don't play the entire game so that bad first half followed by that comeback second half never happens.......you never really know what the outcome would have been. BUT.......guys consistently missing tackles, dropping passes, missing wide open receivers, failing to cover opposing WR's, ............that all matters and it typically carries over.

Yes, those are all concerns.

Archived