THE BROWNS BOARD

So Who ya got with 2 top ten picks in next years draft?

Soju

package it and get Mariota.

/thread

Shit no. Closer we get to next years draft the more you'll watch his stock drop. Even for us Browns fans that like to look ahead to the draft, this is way too early.

I personally expect one pick to be top 10 (Buffalo's) and ours to be later teens. If the pass rush doesn't improve then I'll take Beasley.

Then with the later pick a WR. Cooper and Agholor come to mind, although only recently have USC receivers not been disappointments.

Too early for me to say who will rise this year, but Id take the best ILB & OT available.....

while avoiding drama queens & pot heads....

Basically, Id just like to have some gritty guys that shut up, work really hard and play football without constant drama, fines or suspensions.....is that asking too much?. ....Get me another Gilbert type and Bitonio type and Im good!!!

The best RT and Denzel Perryman from THE U who is the next Ray Lewis.

I'll take the next Ray Ray as long as he doesn't kill anyone

Please explain. I am saying the R side needs vast improvement to help out whomever is QB. That is my opinion. I'd like to hear yours concerning who you would draft.

The offensive line is solid. It is all up to Hoyer now. If Gordon plays we should win the division.

Z

Way too early for this thread. See you in November at the earliest...

I am saying the R side needs ... improvement...

I'm with you that far...

The offensive line is solid. It is all up to Hoyer now. If Gordon plays we should win the division.

Z

Seriously? And I get berated for my homer shades.

V, I will side with you. Schwartz stunk big time last night. He's too damn slow to seal the edge on sweeps to the right, and he''s getting blown up in pass protection.

What's more of a concern is the Browns couldn't run anywhere against the Rams- left, right, or center.

Overall, it was a unanimous consensus of the guys I (sadly) attended that game with. It looked more like an offense in the first week of OTAs, as opposed to a team firing on all cylinders ready to take on the Steelers week one. Timing was horrendously off- and if you want to blame Pettine for the quarterback derby being the cause, be my guest.

Oh, and Soju- if the Browns play like that regular season- it's going to be easy- they're taking Winston with the #1 overall.

No it's not solid, dumbass. You gonna suspend me for 2 more weeks for calling you out again Z?

This is probably the best offensive line we have had since 99.

It's preseason, you chicken littles are giving me a belly laugh this morning.

Zombo

This is probably the best offensive line we have had since 99.

It's preseason, you chicken littles are giving me a belly laugh this morning.

Zombo

Unless you are visually impaired or on 4 day PCP binge then what are you even talking about? And chicken littles, are you 9 years old?

Joe Thomas got man handled, MItchell Schwartz is a revolving door, and non stop penalties from everyone on the o-line.

It's a disaster.

Unless you are visually impaired or on 4 day PCP binge,

What are you talking about? And chicken littles, are you 9 years old?

Joe Thomas got handled, MItchell Schwartz is a revolving door, and non stop penalties from everyone on the o-line.

It's a disaster.

It's preseason. Doesn't count. New offense, new QBs to get used to, new WRs ... 1st team offense isn't in sync yet ... big deal ... it's preseason.

They'll have it together in two weeks. A lot of talent on that team, including the line.

Zombo

I'm partially with Zombo. I'm not ready to panic yet, save that for the regular season. However, the oline is troubling. We knew walking into this game as fans that the Rams have the best Dline in football.

Joe Thomas gave up a sack. You win some battles, you lose some. Quinn is the best pass rusher in the NFL right now and JT bounced back to keep him in check. The hold on Thomas I"m not willing to blame him. West can't cut that ball

back across the formation and expect to do it with no consequences. Overall JT graded out as one of the best tackles in football last year, until otherwise I hold him in that esteem. Bitonio had some rookie moments but he was willing to get nasty in the trenches. I still think he's going to be a fine pro and I love his attitude. Schwartz might have to move to guard. In a league where teams have not one but two good edge rushers, the kid is just flat out having trouble with them. Very curious because he had such a strong second half of his rookie year that made us believe we had two bookend tackles.

I do honestly believe the defense will bounce back. I don't think people realize what its like having your top two CB's not active to play.

Archived