THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine: Two quarterback system is "on the table"

Comeonman

Has anyone given much thought to what this 2 QB system is actually going to look like?

Like will Hoyer and Manziel be on the field at the same time? Who doesn't wanna see that double lateral flea flicker for a home run ball?

I don't see the Browns going all Wild cat with Manziel. To me the Wild cat is "I'm gonna run it, but l just might throw it." And l would think with Manziel they'd do the opposite of that.

Pettine................ let's follow him into the Latrine........................

I called for the firing of Romeo after the first preseason game. Pettine NEEDS TO GO.

This guy is a dullard. WHy not just get rid of everyone who isn't an offensive lineman? Seriously, that would make Browns fans happy, and we could laugh our asses off at what shit athletes these blubber asses are.

I think pettine is a goner, one and done unless he magically gets it by week 8 and starts turning things around..

Thusfar my early impression of coach pettine is far worse than RAC, Mangini or Shurmur and that is a mouthful..

The QB derby has to be viewed as a boneheaded decision by most fans regardless of if you are a manzielot or a hoyer homo, by not making an ironclad decision to go with one guy and stick to it rather it be his dynamic but raw rookie or brian hoyer, Pettine has created a mess for himself and everyone else..

If the trajectory of this coach does not change only a fool would want this guy for a coach for more than a year..

I think pettine is a goner, one and done unless he magically gets it by week 8 and starts turning things around..

Thusfar my early impression of coach pettine is far worse than RAC, Mangini or Shurmur and that is a mouthful..

The QB derby has to be viewed as a boneheaded decision by most fans regardless of if you are a manzielot or a hoyer homo, by not making an ironclad decision to go with one guy and stick to it rather it be his dynamic but raw rookie or brian hoyer, Pettine has created a mess for himself and everyone else..

If the trajectory of this coach does not change only a fool would want this guy for a coach for more than a year..

Wow.

Z

They should have several Johnny Scramble packages to get that playmaker on the field for a few snaps a game.

They dont have time to get the first team ready let alone adding johnny packages...

After the stoolers lay hoyer out for the year compliments of mitchell schwartz we will get to watch an unprepared johnny rook run for his life and trying to avoid the same fate....

They dont have time to get the first team ready let alone adding johnny packages...

After the stoolers lay hoyer out for the year compliments of mitchell schwartz we will get to watch an unprepared johnny rook run for his life and trying to avoid the same fate....

smile much?

I think its ridiculous to fire a coach after one season.

Agree... crawl before you walk... walk before you run...

Pettine's plan is clear... run the ball, play tough D and play a QB that will manage the game.

JFF will start after the bi-week.

Gets to start after going "bi" for one week? Does that include pitching and catching?

Agree... crawl before you walk... walk before you run...

Pettine's plan is clear... run the ball, play tough D and play a QB that will manage the game.

Gets to start after going "bi" for one week? Does that include pitching and catching?

Remember the sack by Sam?

the objective isn't to manage the game...the objective is to win.....

i know that doesn't happen often in cleveland, but that's what it's all about.....

if hoyer plays well, he will stay on the field...if hoyer continues to play like he has thus far, i.e. piss poor, he will be the reason why they may decide to go to a two qb system....it's really all up to hoyer.....

i think hoyer and the offense will play better against the bears...the pressure is to step it up....and everyone will trying to prove they are up to the task.....

the real question is what will the offense do against pittsburg......when it matters....

one problem is the O line...it pretty much sucks much of the time.....

smile much?

if cleveland were smart, they have grossman ready to go.....he's got way more experience than hoyer...and he's a better qb than hoyer.....neither manziel or shaw are ready yet.....hoyer isn't the future of cleveland qb's anymore than grossman....unless he completely turns it around (from his shitty performance so far), why play him....he ain't the future....rex might actually wins some games....if hoyer keeps on being the preseason hoyer, there aren't any wins coming.....

if cleveland were smart, they have grossman ready to go.....he's got way more experience than hoyer...and he's a better qb than hoyer.....neither manziel or shaw are ready yet.....hoyer isn't the future of cleveland qb's anymore than grossman....unless he completely turns it around (from his shitty performance so far), why play him....he ain't the future....rex might actually wins some games....if hoyer keeps on being the preseason hoyer, there aren't any wins coming.....

You are putting more stock in three preasason appearances than you are in three NFL starts last year with live bullets ... why?

You dont get 4 quarters of preseason action in a new system, recovering from knee reconstruction, to work the kinks out any more?

Rough crowd.

Z

--We knew Manziel was going to be a rookie, and we knew Hoyer was going to need time to recover and adjust, like any athlete, right?

if cleveland were smart, they have grossman ready to go......hoyer isn't the future of cleveland qb's anymore than grossman....unless he completely turns it around (from his shitty performance so far), why play him....he ain't the future....rex might actually wins some games....if hoyer keeps on being the preseason hoyer, there aren't any wins coming.....

Rex has already proven he sucks.....now Hoyer gets his chance to prove the same....

Archived