THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers smoking the reefer

cambridgeho

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not see any of that Steelers/Eagles game....but isn't the 3rd preseason game supposed to be the "dress rehearsal" where teams play their starters for at least a full half, so you are supposed to have the first string vs. first string for at least half a game? At some point I saw where it was like 17-0, no? Not a good performance then apparently by the Steeler's first string.

OK, well, sure, sometimes preseason means nothing. The year the Lions went 0-16 they went 4-0 in preseason.....and conversely I think the year the Pats went 16-0 they went like 0-4 in the preseason....or at least 1-3.

We shall see.

A dress rehearsal running very vanilla everything. One series it was three straight passes to Marcus Wheaton and not because he was wide open. Its convenient for you to make a big deal about last night but only the I'll informed think its anything more than a light sparring match with the guys from the main event. Defensively they also hardly blitzed and not one exotic blitz was used which is a staple of the lebeau defense. Anyone that puts a bunch of stock in the preseason is an idiot.

A dress rehearsal running very vanilla everything. One series it was three straight passes to Marcus Wheaton and not because he was wide open. Its convenient for you to make a big deal about last night

I didn't make a big deal about it. I simply noted that apparently it was not a good performance by the Steeler's first string. You are the one making the much bigger deal over it.

Or do you disagree with that assessment?

but only the I'll informed think its anything more than a light sparring match with the guys from the main event. Defensively they also hardly blitzed and not one exotic blitz was used which is a staple of the lebeau defense. Anyone that puts a bunch of stock in the preseason is an idiot.

I guess the question must be asked then: if indeed this was supposed to be "dress rehearsal" then why did the Steelers not say any of their lines? Why didn't they put on their costumes? Why were they still reading the script from the book?

Vanilla offense, no blitzing. Did they decide just not to do anything they are supposed to be doing in the game?

Even with all that, I understand that they were getting outmuscled and outmaneuvered on both sides of the ball. I mean, did they also decide to leave their manhood on the shelf at home along with their regular offense and defense.

Please explain....since it is such a bid deal to you.

Could be! Here is the question I have for some of you sane Browns fans. The Steelers fans are calling for a suspension by the Steelers of Bell and Blount because the Steelers have a reputation to uphold.

What will "the Browns" do to Gordon independent of what the league does?

Well, I would suspend him for a couple of games- but assuming the below post is accurate, that won't happen.

Thats all fine, except it's not true, because it's considered double jeopardy by the CBA....

You can cut a player from the team for any reason.....but a team can not fine, punish or suspend ANY player for an infraction ruled on by the NFL.....

A dress rehearsal running very vanilla everything. One series it was three straight passes to Marcus Wheaton and not because he was wide open. Its convenient for you to make a big deal about last night

I didn't make a big deal about it. I simply noted that apparently it was not a good performance by the Steeler's first string. You are the one making the much bigger deal over it.

but only the I'll informed think its anything more than a light sparring match with the guys from the main event. Defensively they also hardly blitzed and not one exotic blitz was used which is a staple of the lebeau defense. Anyone that puts a bunch of stock in the preseason is an idiot.

I guess the question must be asked then: if indeed this was supposed to be "dress rehearsal" then why did the Steelers not say any of their lines? Why didn't they put on their costumes? Why were they still reading the script from the book?

Vanilla offense, no blitzing. Did they decide just not to do anything they are supposed to be doing in the game?

Even with all that, I understand that they were getting outmuscled and outmaneuvered on both sides of the ball. I mean, did they also decide to leave their manhood on the shelf at home along with their regular offense and defense.

your asking way too much from such a "small" man... Let him live in his fantasy world Gip. It isn't gonna matter one way or another.. I'm still a tad baffled why he is even here..I don't need to go to a steelers board to find out whats going on in the AFC North, wich has been his perpetual claim. He's an internet troll looking still for affirmation because, He's obviously lacking something in his Real Life.

I really wish some of you could get it. The reason we Steeler fans come here has very little to do with the AFCN, it is for the comic relief that some of your leaders provide. Some of you talk logic and some are realistic, but there is a frightening number of posts from guys who are downright glue heads, The Yapper is the leader of the glue parade followed closely by Zombo who is probably the wimpiest adult I have every encountered on the internet.

Do you watch Two and Half Men because of a beach house in Malibu? No you watch because the comedy is great!

What we are are people that see stupidity in action...and for our entertainment we pull the wings off flies like you to see you run around in circles or butt into walls.

You are a stupid human being however, and you have no wings. So we have to resort to something else. On the contrary....it is you who provide us with the comic relief. You are just....again....too stupid to know it.

Gipper, get over yourself man. You huff and you puff day in and day out. Its gotta be tiresome.

that comedy is great? i guess someone throwing jalepeno juice in your eyes is great too?

I read his assessment of Two and a Half Men earlier and was waiting for a response.

Needless to say I'm disappointed. You're better than that Mik. Worst case you could've just posted this...

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-pittsburgh-steelers-1625613194

Pretty hilarious. Be sure to read the comments at the end, definite hilarity.

"Have you ever been to a Steelers Bar? No joke, they never have windows, because seriously, put these fucking pigs in a mudhole with the game on where they belong.

Not to mention...this bunch of rednecks will drink warm piss as long as it's served in a pitcher for $5. Got a wing special? Great, they'll take 3 orders of bright orange buffalo wings with shots of bleu cheese.

You can always tell a a Steelers fan in a crowd because they'll have some combination of black and yellow on, smell like fried food, and be fucked up before the 1st quarter is over.

Additionally, no one, NO ONE talks as much during a game as a Steelers fan. Never in my life have I heard more tales of a team's past exploits while a game is on.

As if, somehow, Terry Bradshaw throwing a touchdown 400 fucking years ago will have an impact on the play at hand."

I read his assessment of Two and a Half Men earlier and was waiting for a response.

Needless to say I'm disappointed. You're better than that Mik. Worst case you could've just posted this...

can't do it all on my own taco.

LOL

"One of our best players, Maurkice Pouncey, is hurt all the time and I mean all the fucking time. He missed the Super Bowl against the Packers and didn't make it through a series of downs last year. Despite getting on the field only slightly more often than coach Tomlin, Pouncey is praised as an all-pro center constantly. The injuries aren't his only issue though, he racks up bonus points for inexplicably standing by Aaron Hernandez and allegedly punching out a much smaller man at a bar recently."

I really wish some of you could get it. The reason we Steeler fans come here has very little to do with the AFCN, it is for the comic relief that some of your leaders provide. Some of you talk logic and some are realistic, but there is a frightening number of posts from guys who are downright glue heads, The Yapper is the leader of the glue parade followed closely by Zombo who is probably the wimpiest adult I have every encountered on the internet.

Do you watch Two and Half Men because of a beach house in Malibu? No you watch because the comedy is great!

TV is for kids...

Archived