THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers smoking the reefer

cambridgeho

I agree 100% that they throw the ball but the Browns aren't good enough to shut them down. Even with a limited running game there would still be a night and day difference in the two teams as a whole.

The Browns defense could do a reasonable job vs. the Squibs offense......but it is the other side of the ball that would be the issue.

As usual, could the Browns offense do anything. Questionable QB play, questionable WR play. There is where the advantage would be....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"A player will normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without

pay for four regular and/or post-season games for a first violation of the law related to

substances of abuse other than alcohol and for six regular and/or post-season games for a

second violation of the law related to substances of abuse other than alcohol."

Directly from the NFL Substance Abuse Policy. Looks like a 4-game suspension for Bell, at least. I heard Blount was not being charged. Bell can appeal and get it likely reduced to 2 games.

I agree 100% that they throw the ball but the Browns aren't good enough to shut them down. Even with a limited running game there would still be a night and day difference in the two teams as a whole.

In case you don't know it, the Browns secondary with the addition of Gilbert is plenty good enough to shut the Steelers passing game down. And don't give me any crap V that the Steelers secondary is better.

The Browns defense could do a reasonable job vs. the Squibs offense......but it is the other side of the ball that would be the issue.

As usual, could the Browns offense do anything. Questionable QB play, questionable WR play. There is where the advantage would be....

That's exactly it Gip. Assuming Gordon is suspended for at least a couple of games, our wrs aren't much.

If its anything like Gordon's ordeal we won't have a ruling until 2018.

If they played for the Ravens the NFL would comp them a couple ounces and give them a high five for a job well done.

Awesome post

We'll see.

Unless there is a ton of turnovers, I sense a low scoring slugfest. First team to 13 wins.

Probably driving Bentleys, blasting music and drawing attention.

Driving a camaro, hardly a social profiling worthy vehicle. As far as the other comments made are concerned tuitt is likely to win the starting job opposite heyward and even if he doesn't he's still going to play significant downs. The steelers had always planned to resign keisel, there are even rumors that he never cleaned out his locker. When docket went down for the cardinals, the steelers were forced to act sooner.

Look, they wont get anything more than a slap on the wrist. Hell, some chick tried to cut off Rothlisbergers wang with a knife. She sliced his thigh instead and all she got was a missedaweiner.

They would get a more immediate and harsher suspension if they tested for a PED than for getting busted for mj and ovi.

And maybe that's alright.

To me a PED user is worse than a dope/booze user because PED's are taken to cheat the game.

To me what Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens, Rodriguez did to cheat the game is worse than Pete Rose betting on the game. (especially since all evidence points to the fact that he always bet on his team to win. If it had shown that he had bet against his team, and had taken action to try to lose games.....ala the Black Sox, that would be different.)

the stoolers are looking worse tonight than we did in our first two.

the stoolers are looking worse tonight than we did in four first two.

Force feeding certain receivers intentionally and you can't run a vanilla defense against the chip kelly offense. The steelers never run anything but straight vanilla in the preseason. If this were week 1 I'd be concerned. Its obviously not..

Starting D got scored on by Matt Barkley.

Pro-biased Steelers announcers commenting on their WR corp, "I think they rival the best in the NFL." Literally LOL'd when I heard that.

It's even fun to watch the Steelers stink in the preseason

I'm surprised that none of you have picked up on what this means to Gordon. (maybe someone has but I didn't find it)

The NFL can't very well let a 10 time repeat offender off easy and then suspend a couple first time offenders.

Don't think Gordon has hit double digits- yet. Got a feeling today is the day we find out.

Ah yes....so when the browns look bad in the first 2 preseason games, you mock and laugh.

The steelers get throttled on both sides of the ball by the eagles second team in the dress rehearsal, and its just preseason.

Got it...

The Steelers fans are calling for a suspension by the Steelers of Bell and Blount because the Steelers have a reputation to uphold.

Dude you are so full of fucking shit. You think that cause you're a faggot. I work with 3 of them and told you to shut the fuck up and find another ass to fuck.

Ah yes....so when the browns look bad in the first 2 preseason games, you mock and laugh.

The steelers get throttled on both sides of the ball by the eagles second team in the dress rehearsal, and its just preseason.

Got it...

I mocked and laughed? Please find where and repost it. I'll wait tough guy.

Force feeding certain receivers intentionally and you can't run a vanilla defense against the chip kelly offense. The steelers never run anything but straight vanilla in the preseason. If this were week 1 I'd be concerned. Its obviously not..

Trying to involve Wheaton may have been a factor, but in general Ben looked off until late in his playing time against 2nd team. Then he did drop in a couple very pretty passes. Brown looked good, but otherwise the WRs did not impress. Surprised to see Bryant buried so deep in your chart. I thought he had the potential he showed late. The running game was AWOL.

Defensively where was the run D? Timmons showed up for the first time this preseason. He's looked seriously lost in the prior games. Taylor looks to be in for a long season. Troy P is still flying.

I realize that 3 friends may represent your entire world but I have read on Steeler forums and talked to many Steeler fans who have suggested the Steelers should punish them regardless of what the NFL does.

Grow up and get out of Cleveland once in a while.......you will be shocked if you are willing to let 2+2 =4

Thats all fine, except it's not true, because it's considered double jeopardy by the CBA....

You can cut a player from the team for any reason.....but a team can not fine, punish or suspend ANY player for an infraction ruled on by the NFL.....

I did not see any of that Steelers/Eagles game....but isn't the 3rd preseason game supposed to be the "dress rehearsal" where teams play their starters for at least a full half, so you are supposed to have the first string vs. first string for at least half a game? At some point I saw where it was like 17-0, no? Not a good performance then apparently by the Steeler's first string.

OK, well, sure, sometimes preseason means nothing. The year the Lions went 0-16 they went 4-0 in preseason.....and conversely I think the year the Pats went 16-0 they went like 0-4 in the preseason....or at least 1-3.

We shall see.

Archived