THE BROWNS BOARD

Some thoughts on other preseason games this weekend

miktoxic

so i got to check out 3 games at once last night. i got the metro NYC feed so of course it was jets and giants but i also got to see the ratbirds vs, the cowgirls. some takeaways:

geno smith still SUCKS.

rex ryan has put together the most undisciplined team i have ever watched. and he still SUCKS.

cincinnati's 1 squad just dominated the jets 1. wasn't even close. dalton wasn't dead on to green while they played. the backup QB didn't puke!

tom coughlin will be looking for a new job at the end of the year. not a typical coughlin team. undisciplined, sloppy and weak.

sorry everlastxxx but the cowboys look like SHITE. now you know why weeden is not on the brown's roster anymore. he threw a couple of great passes but then it was bone head throw after bonehead throw and fumblin and stumblin brandon. ugh. i wouldn't be surprised if he gets demoted to 3rd string.

saw some highlights of other games. bears look like contenders, atlanta looks so uninspired. sand diego looks like san diego, manuel looked terrible, bridgewater looked good (still say he's going to get planted), and jimmy graham is a dick.

I wouldn't form many opinions on pre-season games on the team.

But it's all we have... for now...

so i got to check out 3 games at once last night. i got the metro NYC feed so of course it was jets and giants but i also got to see the ratbirds vs, the cowgirls. some takeaways:

cincinnati's 1 squad just dominated the jets 1. wasn't even close. dalton wasn't dead on to green while they played. the backup QB didn't puke!

tom coughlin will be looking for a new job at the end of the year. not a typical coughlin team. undisciplined, sloppy and weak.

saw some highlights of other games. bears look like contenders, atlanta looks so uninspired. sand diego looks like san diego, manuel looked terrible, bridgewater looked good (still say he's going to get planted), and jimmy graham is a dick.

Haven't seen the Bengals/ Jets yet or a few others...

Recorded and speed watched a bunch...

- The G-men do look awful... especially their new, 70% Eli passing attack. Andrew Luck... well... I think Ghoulie had that one wrong...

- Saw the Bears game and offensively they look great, but D looks porous. But JAX is going to surprise a bunch of teams this year... no doormat in 2014. Bortles earned some time with the ones this coming game.

- The Texans smoked the Falcons... all have likely seen JD's back-to-back backfield blow-ups by now. Big news was that Fitz played like the QB O'Brian wants him to be.

- BLT's D looked porous vs DAL's O, and DAL's D is porous defined, so don't know what to make of BLT's O.

- NE vs Philly was a frickin' track meet... Mallet got on track.

- Robinson is not ready to start at LT for the Rams... looks great and then silly on successive plays. He was moved to LG early. GB looks like it's mid-season.

- Schaub looked bad for OAK; Stafford looked good for DET; neither team looks strong, which gives me pause given our showing last week...

- EJ did not look good, but Buffalo has something going on. Steelers 1st teams looked very good.

- Only watched a Qtr of the 49ers, nice stadium, but the team looked "off" for 2nd week in a row... somethings not right there... Broncos looked sharp and Manning's arm looks better than it did last year.

yep. i know we can't take a lot into account given it's preseason BUT the way these teams are attacking the games this year the 2nd game feels more like the opener than i think we'll get from the remaining two pre-season games. they had first team starters play most of the first half (unless of course you're brady or manning etc.) and without all the penalties the majority of games were fun to watch.

when you do see the jets/bengals you'll see what i mean about the ryan led jets. they just looked goonish and stoopid. and i'm talking about the first teamers. i think ryan has lost his mind.

- Both Bortle & Bridgewater looks like they are getting better as preseason continues to progress.

- NFC East is pure shit.

- Clowney look explosive.

- Vikings look like they could be real sleepers this year.

- Refs are calling it tighter than ever in advantage for the WR. I see record passing numbers this season.

- Refs are calling it tighter than ever in advantage for the WR. I see record passing numbers this season.

most believe that they are doing this as a heads up and won't be calling it so outrageously in the regular season. games will become unwatchable another cycle of bad reviews for the NFL will happen,,,,,,which goodell can not have happen with a lot of negativity still surrounding other areas of his management decisions.

You are a bad Browns fan! No other teams matter, the Browns are the best team and the only team in the NFL and the only reason they lose is because the NFL and the refs hate them and the other teams cheat!

Bad Browns fan!

I don't believe that's a comment that can be uttered by a Steelers fan. Granted, it would be much worse from a Ravens fan but it's still pretty bad.

geno smith still sucks.

giants will be lucky to win 5 games.

ej manuel still sucks. haven't seen watkins but he has been a no show in preseason. bills D looks pretty good though.

mike evans looks like he will be an all-pro. (fantasy pick)

what i've seen so far this weekend.

when you do see the jets/bengals you'll see what i mean about the ryan led jets. they just looked goonish and stoopid. and i'm talking about the first teamers. i think ryan has lost his mind.

Forgot to post that I finally watched the Jets' Week 2 game... and yeah... goonish captured it. Can't wait to see their gawk job vs. the G-men...

Also thought the Bengals looked miles better than they did in Week 1... dammit...

Preseason doesnt mean dick,

true, but you'd at least hope a team has the BASIC grasp of some offensive scheme. the bills have shown nothing, whether or not that is on purpose, i don't know. if manuel looks like this after 8 games (and the fans were booing him going off the field at half) i got 2 words that will sum him up: josh freeman.

and yes if that happens hello #2 top ten pick next year.

Forgot to post that I finally watched the Jets' Week 2 game... and yeah... goonish captured it. Can't wait to see their gawk job vs. the G-men...

jets looked far superior to the Gmen in all facets. i think coughlin is looking at his retirement year. no OL what to speak of and this new guy mcadoo with his offensive scheme he brought in....eli looks incapable of running it. so much for the ground and pound, hail mary gints.

i also got to see oakland vs. the pack.

schaub looks a little down. (too much?) their D looks a lot better BUT the pack and eddie lacey lit it up. (another fantasy pick)

seattle looked ridiculous vs. the bears. will be hard to stop.

Archived