THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

Lol....is this man boi fetish you tools have with scrambles acting like an adult?

Is making emotional value judgments while side stepping facts acting like an adult?

Teenage girls base decisions on emotion. Seems to me the "haters" are simply waiting for the Lil guy to actually prove the hype true before we don the knee pads and go all heather on scrambles. You...the teenage girls...are convinced he loves you and immediately begin training your gag reflex.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn Bango Squared, you're committed and passionate, l'll give you that.

Have you considered that the Browns may be a little extra cautious with Johnny because there's a whole lotta newness happenig with the rest of the offense?

New receivers, new running backs, new offense. Most of the o-line is in tact, so that should be a plus. But they wanna make sure the rest of the O has their shit together before throwing a rookie in there. Make sure guys got their blocking assignments down, receivers are running the right routes, etc.

There's another thread on here that would seem to indicate Terrance West is still trying to figure out which hole to hit.

Hey look, you want to call everyone fag and shit like that, fine. I don't care. I've watched a LOT of football in my life, I'd hazard more than just about anybody on this board unless you've ever been involved in football professionally. I've watched a lot of current starting NFL qbs from high school and through college. If they played football in Texas, then chances are I've been watching them since they were Juniors in high school. Johnny is the best I've ever seen. He's better than Tannehill, he's better than RG3, better than Drew Brees, better than Sam Bradford, and he's damn sure better than Brian Hoyer. I follow Johnny because he is that much fun to watch and he is that amazing. I hope that you guys as fans get to experience it, but to be honest, the way some of you act I don't think you deserve the joy he can bring you watching him play football. He will play harder than anybody else on your team if he is given the chance. You don't have a player that wants to win more than he does. It's pretty awesome to watch. But you bitter guys that call him "mini-me" and shit like that makes me hope you trade him to a franchise with a fanbase that respects what he has already accomplished, which is more than pretty much anybody on your team at this point.

I see you compare him to somebody like Wheedon or Colt McCoy and it makes me laugh. Colt McCoy couldn't make it one quarter against Alabama without getting hurt and pulling himself out the game. Johnny separated his shoulder against Auburn and missed one series. Neither Colt nor Wheedon won a Heisman as a freshman. If you'd watched those guys play in college you'd know how much Johnny outclasses either one of those guys. You should compare Johnny to guys like Hershel Walker or Adrian Peterson, guys who came close to winning Heismen as freshman, but nobody does that because he's 5'11" instead of 6'3".

You say you watched highlights and all he did was throw it up to Mike Evans. Do yourself a favor and go on youtube and watch a game. There are literally hundreds of plays by Manziel that don't make the highlight reels because, basically, you cannot include all the amazing plays and keep the highlights short enough for anybody to reasonably watch. The guy is an amazing passer, and anybody that actually watches him play realizes that.

This coaching staff may go with Hoyer, and I know a lot of people want Hoyer to start and Johnny to come off the bench if he struggles. My problem with that is that you are basically giving up any chance to make the playoffs or make a run in the playoffs if you do that. I really believe you have a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs if you start Johnny game one and let him start getting experience. I know you'll think this is crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me if you won the Superbowl with him his first year, if the coaching staff invests in him and gives him a chance.

Thanks for all the Johnny rah rah. All that don't mean shit to us.

The only thing that means shit to us is if he can win......and neither you nor I nor the man in the moon know that.

I hope you are right.......but we have been through this before and have been burned.

So, we don't believe anything till we see it.

So, save your breath...no words are going to convince us. Only his actual production and success will convince us. And, again, I hope that happens.

Quite truthfully I would go with Hoyer as the ultimate game manager who will rarely take a risk that would cost a game. But if he gets significantly behind I would still have the luxury of a midnight gambler who can often raise a team to a win when it looks like all is lost anyway.

It's called garbage time and I concur... give any to JM. ;)

Actually I'd go farther. I expect to see some JM packages in most games. More complex than the once popular WildDawg (or dog), but a small package.

I've watched a LOT of football in my life, I'd hazard more than just about anybody on this board unless you've ever been involved in football professionally. I've watched a lot of current starting NFL qbs from high school and through college. If they played football in Texas, then chances are I've been watching them since they were Juniors in high school.

I see you compare him to somebody like Wheedon or Colt McCoy and it makes me laugh. Colt McCoy couldn't make it one quarter against Alabama without getting hurt and pulling himself out the game. Johnny separated his shoulder against Auburn and missed one series. Neither Colt nor Wheedon won a Heisman as a freshman. If you'd watched those guys play in college you'd know how much Johnny outclasses either one of those guys. You should compare Johnny to guys like Hershel Walker or Adrian Peterson, guys who came close to winning Heismen as freshman, but nobody does that because he's 5'11" instead of 6'3".

This coaching staff may go with Hoyer, and I know a lot of people want Hoyer to start and Johnny to come off the bench if he struggles. My problem with that is that you are basically giving up any chance to make the playoffs or make a run in the playoffs if you do that. I really believe you have a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs if you start Johnny game one and let him start getting experience. I know you'll think this is crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me if you won the Superbowl with him his first year, if the coaching staff invests in him and gives him a chance.

First, you really should not limit yourself to watching HS and College games. The NFL is truly a different game.

Second, comparing Colt's injury to JM's is laughable on its face. Colt suffered nerve damage and did not have feeling/ strength in his throwing arm/ hand. Nerve damage ends careers. I'd love to see your reference on JM's injury being a separation. Separations to throwing shoulders end seasons. I've no doubt his shoulder was hurt and kudos to him for playing through the hurt, but let's keep it real...

I saw Hoyer miss two passes high and skip another one off the turf. I saw Johnny throw one bad ball. Johnny is a better passer than Hoyer. Any statistical category you want to compare Johnny is better.

Maybe he's not dominating him three weeks into his rookie season, but project a little here. If it's this close now, how close will it be once Johnny is allowed to work with the ones as much as Hoyer and he gets comfortable playing at the NFL speed. Johnny will dominate Hoyer. There is nothing that Hoyer does better than Johnny. Doesn't throw a better ball, doesn't complete higher percentage of passes, doesn't run better. I guess he manages the huddle better, whatever that means, but it's not like Johnny can't do that, too. He's smarter than Hoyer is and will pass him in every mental category as he becomes more comfortable running this system.

It's not close now... except in your mind. Even JM knows it is not...

Manziel: 'I'm not ready for Pittsburgh'

http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2014/08/16/manziel-im-not-ready-for-pittsburgh/14162577/

"That's not saying I'm not ready or I won't be ready. I don't want that taken out of context. It's just right now in my second preseason game, I'm not ready to go out and start week one because there's a lot of time left until that point."

Lot of time? Now until Tuesday morning is "a lot of time"?

He was pointing out the 3\4 throwing motion Walter. It is a concern- even for guys who are 6'5" like Bernie Kosar.

Yup... seemed obvious...

Tour - I think he clarified that pretty well by saying he is aware of the long term plans the team has for him, so he feels no pressure to have to be ready immediately. And he made it clear he was doing everything he could to make sure that time does come. Knowing about his history you can bet he has his own timetable in his head and it will be sooner than some expect. The guy defines the word competitor.

Tour - I think he clarified that pretty well by saying he is aware of the long term plans the team has for him, so he feels no pressure to have to be ready immediately. And he made it clear he was doing everything he could to make sure that time does come. Knowing about his history you can bet he has his own timetable in his head and it will be sooner than some expect. The guy defines the word competitor.

Yeah- no one is denying Manziel is eventually going to be the starter. How soon depends on how Hoyer plays. It just irks me with guys coming in saying JF is going to set the NFL on fire from his first game on. You and I know it's rare indeed for a rookie qb to come in and be outstanding right out of the gate.

and again no one is hating on manziel. most of just 'hate' the way some of you are insisting that he should start without earning the job.

if he's that great tuesday morning he'll be named the starter. if not he'll ride the pine until hoyer either gets hurt or plays at a level where the coaches think manziel can do better.

end of story.

hoorta captured most of my response.

Only add that this is all that was meant all along by "acting like a back-up". While there was a refreshing hint of realism in JM's early words, then he had to add that he "could be ready". But I understand that his competitiveness (and ego) required that. It's dead wrong given that he can't get significantly more ready by Tuesday morning, but I understand it.

Only remains to be seen if JM's words mean anything to the hardcore members of his following... but first there's MNF... If Hoyer plays well Monday, then he will be the Opening Day starter.

And the longer he starts, the better we are doing. Not prophetic... simply axiomatic...

It's called garbage time and I concur... give any to JM. ;)Actually I'd go farther. I expect to see some JM packages in most games. More complex than the once popular WildDawg (or dog), but a small package. First, you really should not limit yourself to watching HS and College games. The NFL is truly a different game.Second, comparing Colt's injury to JM's is laughable on its face. Colt suffered nerve damage and did not have feeling/ strength in his throwing arm/ hand. Nerve damage ends careers. I'd love to see your reference on JM's injury being a separation. Separations to throwing shoulders end seasons. I've no doubt his shoulder was hurt and kudos to him for playing through the hurt, but let's keep it real... It's not close now... except in your mind. Even JM knows it is not...Manziel: 'I'm not ready for Pittsburgh'http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2014/08/16/manziel-im-not-ready-for-pittsburgh/14162577/"That's not saying I'm not ready or I won't be ready. I don't want that taken out of context. It's just right now in my second preseason game, I'm not ready to go out and start week one because there's a lot of time left until that point."Lot of time? Now until Tuesday morning is "a lot of time"? Yup... seemed obvious...

Again, watched colt for more years than you have, and he's nowhere near Johnny. Not athletically and not as a competitor. Everyone knows he could've finished that game, but his dad told him not to.

And I think you are doing exactly what Johnny said not to do, taking his words out of context. Is he ready to start against Pittsburgh today? No. Would he be ready with two weeks of prep as the starter? Yes.

Again, watched colt for more years than you have, and he's nowhere near Johnny. Not athletically and not as a competitor. Everyone knows he could've finished that game, but his dad told him not to.

And I think you are doing exactly what Johnny said not to do, taking his words out of context. Is he ready to start against Pittsburgh today? No. Would he be ready with two weeks of prep as the starter? Yes.

Go the fuck away please. Us true Browns fans like Johnny and want him to succeed. Faggots like you make us think ill of him.

It doesn't matter how long you've watched Colt, Johnny or anyone else. You could watch Colt for 45 years, it doesn't matter. Belichick would still learn more about him in a 15-minute video session than you would in those 45 years. Watching a player means nothing. That's like saying you know how to fly a spaceship because you watched Star Wars a bunch.

You've watched more Johnny than anyone else? Cool. We've all watched more Browns than you. We've all watched more Steelers than you.

Who do you think knows more about how a rookie NFL QB may fare against the Steelers? The guy who's watched a kid play against high school and college talent for the last 5 years or the guys who have watched a handful of rookie quarterbacks fail time and again against the Steelers for the last 15?

I think you're making claims based on nothing other than your fandom. I'd love some empirical proof that states Johnny would be ready to start against Pittsburgh. Not just the word of a guy who's only here on this forum because of JF in the first place.

Bango squared, your relentlessness is awesome.

I guarantee you the first snap Johnny takes in a real game, everyone in America will move up 2 inches in their seat. Most of us will probably stand up and start pacing.

And l hope everything after that goes as well as you think it will. If that happens you can rest assured that you totally told us so.

Bango squared, your relentlessness is awesome.

I guarantee you the first snap Johnny takes in a real game, everyone in America will move up 2 inches in their seat. Most of us will probably stand up and start pacing.

And l hope everything after that goes as well as you think it will. If that happens you can rest assured that you totally told us so.

We might have to start calling him D'Bango Unchained. Well he certainly does have his convictions about Johnny.

Monday night can't get here soon enough.

I think most of us are pretty much in agreement here. If Hoyer plays his usual game Monday and JM doesn't just totally light up the scoreboard or at least moves the chains consistently barring teammates fumbling, dropping passes, and generally killing drives he keeps putting together, then Hoyer will get the start against the Steelers.

At this point of the year a leader and competitor would have answered that questions with yes plain and simple. He threw in that part about the next two weeks because he quickly realized just how weak his answer sounded. If he is not confident and ready now perhaps he should have spent more of his extra curricular time studying the playbook and throwing passes.

As far as your watching Colt and JFF who cares? You watched them tear it up in college. Do we really need to make you a list of the countless other guys that did that only to fail miserably in the NFL?

I hope it all works out because although I am not a Manziel fan I am a Browns fan so I do want him to succeed.

Lol.

This board is amazing.

But not nearly as amazing as it's going to be in 2 months.

Brian Hoyer - you guys love the Brian hoyer.

Hoyer man. Not Brady. Not manziel.

Brian Hoyer.

Dis gonna be good.

Lmao.

Are you schizophrenic?

I mean one minute you agree with the majority of people on here and the next you are paddling against the rapids.

I think every time you wake up from your bath salt coke smoke fest you need to come on here and reread what you posted before you got all tuned up. That way it doesn't look like you have an evil dead twin still living in your head.

At this point of the year a leader and competitor would have answered that questions with yes plain and simple. He threw in that part about the next two weeks because he quickly realized just how weak his answer sounded. If he is not confident and ready now perhaps he should have spent more of his extra curricular time studying the playbook and throwing passes.

As far as your watching Colt and JFF who cares? You watched them tear it up in college. Do we really need to make you a list of the countless other guys that did that only to fail miserably in the NFL?

I hope it all works out because although I am not a Manziel fan I am a Browns fan so I do want him to succeed.

How about make a list of the guys who didn't tear it up in college and were successful in the NFL. I'll start - Tom Brady and Kurt Warner....

Pretty short list. What do you want to bet the list of guys who were successful in college and then successful in the NFL is longer than the list of guys who had a mediocre college career and then sat on the bench for five years in the NFL and then went on to have successful NFL careers?

Anyways, I just hate that so many of you guys are actively rooting against Johnny. I don't really have anything against Hoyer, just hate coming on here and reading all of you actively rooting for Hoyer to beat out Johnny. It is obvious many of you just do not like him, and I hate that. It's just like you taking that quote by Johnny and misconstruing it like you have. To say Johnny isn't a competitor is just about the most ridiculous thing you could say about the kid. I could show you several great examples that contradict that, but I guess it's not in the NFL, so it doesn't count or something.

This is the play when I realized Johnny was just an old fashioned "football player", and it is still my favorite Johnny play of all-time:

Watch that clip and tell me Johnny isn't a competitor. BTW, that play was whistled dead, so most of the team sat around watching it, but Johnny, who was split out wide b/c it was a "trick" play, still chased it down and made the tackle because he wasn't going to take a chance that it was a live ball.

Lol.

This board is amazing.

But not nearly as amazing as it's going to be in 2 months.

Brian Hoyer - you guys love the Brian hoyer.

Hoyer man. Not Brady. Not manziel.

Brian Hoyer.

Dis gonna be good.

Lmao.

We (I) love Hoyer to the extent he deserves (to my mind-and a bunch of other Browns fans) at least another three game window to show if he's got the goods- or not. The Manzealots who haven't watched every Browns game for the last 30 years are having a hard time grasping that.

TCPO put my opinion very well-

"You've watched more Johnny than anyone else? Cool. We've all watched more Browns than you. We've all watched more Steelers than you.

Who do you think knows more about how a rookie NFL QB may fare against the Steelers? The guy who's watched a kid play against high school and college talent for the last 5 years or the guys who have watched a handful of rookie quarterbacks fail time and again against the Steelers for the last 15?"

We'll (I'll) love Maziel to the extent should he beat out Hoyer- (and I have a small bet he won't) he wins games that actually count. We're not A&M fans- or the more obnoxious JFF fans, who happen to think he's the greatest thing to hit the NFL since they put face masks on helmets.

Really, is that so hard to understand?

Anyways, I just hate that so many of you guys are actively rooting against Johnny. I don't really have anything against Hoyer, just hate coming on here and reading all of you actively rooting for Hoyer to beat out Johnny. It is obvious many of you just do not like him, and I hate that. It's just like you taking that quote by Johnny and misconstruing it like you have. To say Johnny isn't a competitor is just about the most ridiculous thing you could say about the kid. I could show you several great examples that contradict that, but I guess it's not in the NFL, so it doesn't count or something.

This is the play when I realized Johnny was just an old fashioned "football player", and it is still my favorite Johnny play of all-time:

Watch that clip and tell me Johnny isn't a competitor. BTW, that play was whistled dead, so most of the team sat around watching it, but Johnny, who was split out wide b/c it was a "trick" play, still chased it down and made the tackle because he wasn't going to take a chance that it was a live ball.

Regarding that "chase down" go look up Steve Tasker- he did that in the NFL against the Cowboys Thanksgiving Day IIRC, yawn. You're out of your league- as far as the NFL is concerned.

Actively rooting against GOAT- in your mind? Sorry, you're full of shit. Your standard happens to be anyone who isn't giving Johnny Blow Jobs is "actively rooting" against him.

Do us regulars a favor and kill yourself when Hoyer gets named the starter Tuesday. OTOH, should your heart throb get named the starter, us guys will be 100% behind Manziel to prove Pettine and Company have made the right decision. That is, until Manziel throws a few pick sixes against the Steelers. You want to see venom? You ain't seen nothing yet kid.

JohnnyFoosball is the devil and Brian Hoyer the Destroyer is like a lil baby Jesus... i'm drunk as fuck at 4:46 in the mornin... like em both btw :) best one and 2 since our return no matter how it goes. Even though Bortles and Twatwater look better than both... so far. One of them will light it up once the season starts i hope.

i think if you would go back and reread this thread from the beginning and realize it's origin and the 5 pages of muck thrown out by the thread starter, you'd kind of get the picture of what i've been trying to tell you. the majority of fans here are NOT rooting against manziel or dislike him (maybe dislike some of the off the field stuff but that's neither here nor there for this conversation). i think where you came in on this topic people were so pissed off at a handful of the JOHNNY FOOTBALL fans that it turned into a shit slinging contest.

you know this isn't going to end until people just start sitting on their hands and drop the whole discussion. it's not in our hands anyways. monday night is manziel biggest game on this stage so far. either he rocks it way above hoyers head and makes it a clear cut decision, or plays decent enough where this debate continues or he hands down looks like a rookie and will be the backup in game 1.

we all know the FO didn't draft this kid to be a backup. maybe they thought he would be great right out of the gate? the fact that he hasn't clearly won the starting job just means that he needs more time and if he even lives up to a smidgen of what he did in college on this pro level he'll be the starter one day.

I think the FO pulled off the biggest marketing scheme in history. Manzeil jerseys flying off the shelves, ticket sales through the roof, most watched pre season game of all time! Hell, I bet Johnny could win the next presidential election! Everyone needs to take the ice bucket challenge and just chill a little bit. Is he Johnny Football, Johnny Goofball or Sideshow Johnny ?. Maybe he's a little of all three , which might not be a bad thing. What ever happens we're in for one hell of a ride. GO BROWNS!

Why bother wasting your time with these fucking Texas queers. Seriously, we've all stated over and over there's no hate for JM and we are glad he's on the team. We just feel he should earn his spot.

These guys are as dense as the cows they screw in their pasture. I've read the same damn arguments in nearly every thread.

These guys love manziel as strange as it is for a grown man to be obsessed so much with a kid. The football gods have blessed us with his presence. The fact that he wasn't first pick in the draft is irrelevant because every team that passed over him are stupid compared to a sister fucking cowboy who has watched every game JM has played in. I mean really these NFL guys are dolts if they don't see we hit the jackpot.

Why bother wasting your time with these fucking Texas queers. Seriously, we've all stated over and over there's no hate for JM and we are glad he's on the team. We just feel he should earn his spot.

These guys are as dense as the cows they screw in their pasture. I've read the same damn arguments in nearly every thread.

These guys love manziel as strange as it is for a grown man to be obsessed so much with a kid. The football gods have blessed us with his presence. The fact that he wasn't first pick in the draft is irrelevant because every team that passed over him are stupid compared to a sister fucking cowboy who has watched every game JM has played in. I mean really these NFL guys are dolts if they don't see we hit the jackpot.

Ya, that about sums it up.

Z

This place is more of a social club for these guys. I get it because they have gone so many years without winning they have had to find other ways to be united, hence all the action the non-football forums get.

They share a bond of losing and they dont like any outsiders telling them anything. They dont know how to be opened about anything so they resort to childish insults. Hmmm, i dont want you here, so i am going to call you gay and insult you every chance i get. This person acts like a child stomping up and down screaming because he doesnt want you in his play pen. Grow the fuck up already. Be an adult. Talk like an adult. In person are you going to call me gay? I doubt it. The power of the internet tough guys.

Be an adult? Bahaha. Yeah a bunch of grown men that have raging boners for a kid is certainly acting like adults. And in case you haven't known, outside the workplace (except the NFL) most grown men hurl insults at each other. Unless you're a pansy, then you probably have ovaries.

And yes if you professed your man love for a kid in front of me, I'd call you gay and pull down your skirt. I'm sure you would then beat me up.

So, this is only my 2nd post ever here, but I gotta say that no one really knows who's gonna be good and who's not....no one.....it's been proven over and over and over again. So, why debate what you cant prove.....????

Im 51 and have been waiting A LONG FREAKING time for this type of excitement.....look forward to seeing JFF OR Hoyer take this team farther than it's been in decades....and I think the time is upon us......and Im excited......but I gotta admit the whole JFF vs Hoyer is kind of ruining the fun for me, by totally polluting all the discussion and press...... I just want to see them play, not haggle about a bunch of speculation and crap I cant prove......

Im a defense lover...so, for me, the only QB discussion I want to hear is how the other team is gonna repair the one we just broke.....

And I dont blame the all Texas folks for turning to Cleveland...... Romo and Weeden???.....hahahaha......

Archived