THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is this taking so longggggggggggg?!

ahitz3

dunno.

once offices close, they close, i guess?

they made a couple of other announcements today (the chiefs OL getting suspended for PEDs) and i thought that gordon would be the next decision to be announced but...?

the lawyers must have made a great argument that has the NFL twisting in the wind not knowing which way to come down on this OR they're waiting for a diversion moment to slip gordon's suspension out there while they get on a plane to cancun.

irsay holds the key.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know....But, I guarantee the NFL would say JG brought the delay on himself by appealing....if he hadn't appealed, he'd already be 1/2 way through his suspension right now...yada yada yada....

Im also sure there is very clear language in the CBA that they have carefully followed....to the letter(the extreme letter maybe)....protecting themselves from any kind of recourse, while letting JG twist in the wind a bit....(and the Browns too.....maybe the league wishes we cut chase on him)

Now, should the Browns sue the league they've been in forever???... and damage their relationships with the league office???....and creating an easy BIGGER distraction...... all over a WR who has has a million problems???...really???

Maybe the Browns shouldn't be mad at the league .....maybe they should they be mad at Josh.....hmmmm....dilema

I'm sure you're right, I just don't understand how so many suspensions have gone through but Gordon is still stuck holding his dick. I can't wrap my head around what information they are possibly waiting on to make a decision.

Like i said....longer decision...less penalty.

Man...I so hope you're right......Ive been thinking the same all along(that he'd get off completely)......but now, Im just starting to worry they are just screwing with him extra hard.......because they can.....then will claim their hands were tied by the CBA and dump a full year on him.....

Then they'll just say "dont blame the NFL, blame the players association and the contract they negotiated."....one thing I do know very very well are labor Unions and how business owners and management feel about them. I also know it is a very contentious relationship, as Im a player in a union company myself. Management eats crap all the time because of collectively bargained rules, so when possible, we like to throw a little back... ....THIS is a great opportunity for the NFL to use the unions own rules against them......Goodell could just say...."I really wanted to let him off, BUT the CBA rules state otherwise and my hands are tied by their rules....so so sorry"

Still....I really really hope Im wrong and that you're right....damn, this is giving me a

........tic......

......tic......

dunno.

once offices close, they close, i guess?

they made a couple of other announcements today (the chiefs OL getting suspended for PEDs) and i thought that gordon would be the next decision to be announced but...?

the lawyers must have made a great argument that has the NFL twisting in the wind not knowing which way to come down on this OR they're waiting for a diversion moment to slip gordon's suspension out there while they get on a plane to cancun.

irsay holds the key.

LOL Mik- if Irsay is the key- Gordon plays most of the year. NFL said- Irsay's thing has to work it's way through the courts. He got his lawyers to shove the trial all the way back to October 30th. Wouldn't be the bit surprised if they can get it delayed until after the football season.

One of my favorite quotes today on the web: "I think they’ll find that Malaysian plane before we get a Josh Gordon ruling" LOL! :lol:

Seriously- even the OJ deliberations didn't take this long.

Archived