THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is this taking so longggggggggggg?!

ahitz3

I know this is getting to be redundant at this point, but isn't anyone else getting pissed that we have no answer on Josh Gordon yet? I mean, it just seems to be taking way to long. I think its absolutely unfair to the team and the organization that they can use Josh in the preseason just to find out he won't be playing in the regular season? Somethings gotta give- I mean I really want to see the guy play (especially when I'm there for the raiders game) but WTF is taking so damn long!!!?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Longer the better. The ratings for the first preseason game were the highest since the Squeelers/ saints. The better the ratings the better off we are in terms of Gordon. Personally the manziel hype means huge dollars for the NFL and they want to make sure that he has all his weapons to make the most $$$$$$.

Unfortunately.

hey, they say money doesn't buy happiness............

can i at least try?

Money may not buy happiness....but it does buy misery avoidance.

If you could win a big lottery you should not have to worry (like all the rest of us do) about making house/car/insurance etc. payments. In other words....you don't have to worry about bills.

You don't have to worry about having to drive a beater.

You don't have to worry about paying for your kids college.

You don't have to worry about getting your teeth fixed, or other medical issues.

You don't have to worry about getting your house fixed.....or about what kind of house you have generally.

And is it fair to say that if you had a lotta lotta money you would make your wife happy, which would make you happy?

There is only one explanation ... lawyers up the NFLs collective ass.

I am not a pot smoker at all, but if Josh starts week 3 when we play Baltimore I will smoke a fucking bong at the tailgate.

Z

They want a little time between the Rice suspension and Gordon's.

And they still have to deal with Jim Irsay.......they may have gone lenient with Rice.....and they may go lenient with Gordon so that when they go very lenient with Irsay there won't be as much hell to pay with the union.

Report: Ruling for Browns' Josh Gordon pushed back

Aug 14 2014, 10:26 PMCaitlyn Holroyd

It could be at least another week before the NFL hands down its verdict for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

The NFL reportedly planned to take 10 days to review testimony from Gordon's two-day appeal, but the transcription was delayed after the hearing took longer than expected. As a result, the ruling was pushed back and may not come until the end of next week.

Gordon is facing potential penalties for multiple violations of the league's substance-abuse policy. His lawyer, Maurice Suh, contends that secondhand smoke was the reason he tested positive for marijuana.

If Gordon loses his appeal, he could receive a one-year suspension.

Report: Ruling for Browns' Josh Gordon pushed back

Aug 14 2014, 10:26 PMCaitlyn Holroyd

It could be at least another week before the NFL hands down its verdict for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

The NFL reportedly planned to take 10 days to review testimony from Gordon's two-day appeal, but the transcription was delayed after the hearing took longer than expected. As a result, the ruling was pushed back and may not come until the end of next week.

Gordon is facing potential penalties for multiple violations of the league's substance-abuse policy. His lawyer, Maurice Suh, contends that secondhand smoke was the reason he tested positive for marijuana.

If Gordon loses his appeal, he could receive a one-year suspension.

Lets try to get this thing farther away from the Ray Rice decision so there isn't as much uproar.

Since Gordon is technically suspended now, the duration of the appeal process doesnt affect when hes allowed to come back, right?

It does, his suspension is suspended while the appeal process is carried out. If, as I'm hearing, the announcement is at the end of next week, and he's out for a year, that means he can't come back until basically game 3 of pre-season next year, even for training.

FWIW... Yesterday the NFL Insiders said to expect decision Friday, 22 Aug...

Any word on a sit down between Josh and the Commish? In same segment as above they followed with an Aldon Smith discussion and once again (as with Ray Rice) talked about how much good Smith may have done himself during his face-to-face with Goodell.

I still don't think Josh has been afforded that opportunity... and for the life of me I cannot understand why he has not...

One thing that gordon may have is the incredible butt love of manziel. Gordon is Manziel's target. If the nfl wants manziel to succeed and they very much do you're absolutely hamstringing that effort by taking gordon out

To take that a little farther, would the Browns dare to sit Manziel until Gordon is playing?

To take that a little farther, would the Browns dare to sit Manziel until Gordon is playing?

You guys overthink things. The guy that gives us the best chance of beating the Steelers will start the first game.

I know it is hard to think that way, but Jimmy gave control to Farmer and Pettine, two old-school, tough-nosed guys, for a reason ... no more politics, no more bullshit ...

Win me a football game.

Zombo

Archived