THE BROWNS BOARD

In Weeden I Trust

DyingHero

My initial reactions was rage but then I thought about it and I like the pick. Yes, it would have been nice to have Reilly and Weeden problem would have been there at 37, but I still like it. Look on the bright side, we can get a tackle at 37 and trade up in the 40s to get a receiver.

Ask yourself a question: what would you rather have: Richardson and Weeden or Tannehill and Baldwin? If anyways the ladder they are insane. We got a big armed guy with the right size and accuracy.

Rumor has it that Lerner wanted him. I am not a Lerner fan, but I can't fault him for this. How many of us say that we want an owner to get involved and care more? Almost all of us. Well he finally got involved. Nobody can complain about it. Period.

Overall I'm optimistic about going into day 2. I like the picks and hope we can add some pieces. This season is shaping up to be solid in my opinion. GO BROWNS!

Young 28? I just turned 30 exercise everyday never played football...guess what i felt a lot better when i was 23 and 24 at 28 - 29 your bones start to ache, your muscles get sore...your eyes start to go. I'm not as fast or strong as i was 5 years ago...my mind isn't as sharp...oh well.

Colt will be gone by tomorrow evening...

Young 28? I just turned 30 exercise everyday never played football...guess what i felt a lot better when i was 23 and 24 at 28 - 29 your bones start to ache, your muscles get sore...your eyes start to go. I'm not as fast or strong as i was 5 years ago...my mind isn't as sharp...oh well.

Don't know about Colt being gone soon- but for sure- you hit your physical peak @ 28 + - a year or two. Weeden is as good has he's going to get.

Don't know about Colt being gone soon- but for sure- you hit your physical peak @ 28 + - a year or two. Weeden is as good has he's going to get.

Mhmm...like Staubach...

Kurt Warner turned out pretty well after being signed by the Rams at around 27 y/o and that was with only Arena fotball league experience, so hopefully we have finally struck it lucky with picking a QB by going for the unorthodox choice.

This regime is shit and we are heading for another 5 or less win season and we still do not have a franchise QB or a playmaker at WR, what we do have is 3 average QBs and 3 untested RBs and a weak O-line that cant run or pass block..

We should have never traded up or drafted Weeden... Look at who else we could have right now and I say Heckert and Holmgren dropped the ball...

I was hoping like crazy we would pick DeCastro and protect Colt.

Now we are missing 3 more picks for a team that needed every single pick and we have a QB that is going to be 30 in his second season.

We should have never traded up or drafted Weeden... Look at who else we could have right now and I say Heckert and Holmgren dropped the ball...

I was hoping like crazy we would pick DeCastro and protect Colt.

Now we are missing 3 more picks for a team that needed every single pick and we have a QB that is going to be 30 in his second season.

If you think those 4th 5th and 7th round picks were going to produce real starters this season you a god damn idiot. We would be lucky if they produced someone who started in 3-4 years and that is best case scenario.

I like the pick. Start him day one. Try to unload McCoy for a pick this weekend, or include him with another pick to move up.

Or...keep him. Because if you get rid of him, I am convinced that the Browns would have to go out and get another backup QB.

The perspective on this then is that we have an older veteran QB (Weeden) and a younger prospect/backup QB....who we know can step in and play in this system right away if he had to.

Who can the Browns get that is better as a backup?

Or...keep him. Because if you get rid of him, I am convinced that the Browns would have to go out and get another backup QB.

The perspective on this then is that we have an older veteran QB (Weeden) and a younger prospect/backup QB....who we know can step in and play in this system right away if he had to.

Who can the Browns get that is better as a backup?

Seneca will stay.

Zombo

How old was Elway when he won his Super Bowls?

I know this doesn't mean he's going to be Elway, but you can't automatically write him off just because he's 28.

Didn't Stop Manning from winning a super bowl. How old was Steve Young when he got behind the helm?

Why?

Why does it matter. They are both around the same ability but Senaca has more time in the system. They will both be gone after two more seasons if we keep both of them since Wallace will retire when his contract is up and Colt will leave and sign with a team he thinks might make him a starter. Might as well just unload the one who is going to give you the most in a trade and that would be the 25 year old.

Why does it matter. They are both around the same ability but Senaca has more time in the system. They will both be gone after two more seasons if we keep both of them since Wallace will retire when his contract is up and Colt will leave and sign with a team he thinks might make him a starter. Might as well just unload the one who is going to give you the most in a trade and that would be the 25 year old.

Who's gonna want a 25 year old qb? That's soooo oooolllldddd...

Why?

Colt might have some trade value, Wallace doesn't.

Wallace has years and years in the system and friendly contract.

Neither of them are going to start, so no-brainer.

Zombo

I love that dude he reminds me of my uncle when talking about the browns lol

I wish i could see his reaction to passing over the WR position so long or to taking the Backup DE so early.

• 5 years later...

dom's been rummaging thru the boneyard...

I don't think there's been a more predictably bad pick than Wheezy.

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

dom's been rummaging thru the boneyard...

I don't think there's been a more predictably bad pick than Wheezy.

Predictably bad?  Or actually bad?  For what its worth....Weeden was not really as bad as either Quinn or Manziel... and maybe Charlie Frye...if we are looking beyong  round 1....as far as QBs is concerned.  Nor as bad as Gilbert, Robo, Veikune, Montario Hardesty, Greg Little, and maybe a few more.

It just seems more monumental because he was a first rounder and a QB.

But...predictable?  I am not sure how one can measure that....other than his age.

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But...predictable?  I am not sure how one can measure that....other than his age.

Well since I predicted it. Reasons other than age? Let's see...

• Football was his 2nd choice sport.
  • Big 12 QB.
  • His tape as a Big 12 QB.
  • Clay pigeons...

Need more?

Archived