THE BROWNS BOARD

AWESOME: Ohio passes HEARTBEAT BILL, restricting abortion once heartbeat is detected

OldBrownsFan

Ohio has just sent a bill to Governor Kasich’s desk that would restrict abortion once the heartbeat of a child is detected.

– Ohio would have the country’s most restrictive abortion laws under a bill sent to Gov. John Kasich on Tuesday, as leading Republicans were emboldened by the anticipation of Donald Trump’s upcoming federal and Supreme court appointments.

If signed by Kasich, the so-called “heartbeat bill” would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can be as early as six weeks’ gestation. The proposal would not exempt pregnancies resulting from rape or incest, but does include an exception for an abortion to save the life of the pregnant woman.

The change would put the state in violation of current constitutional standards for abortion rights.

For years, Kasich, leading Republican senators and Ohio Right to Life have cited its unconstitutionality as their reason for opposing the heartbeat measure. Federal courts have struck down similar laws in North Dakota and Arkansas.

Senate President Keith Faber, a Republican from Celina, Ohio, even suggested last year that supporters of the heartbeat bill ultimately were undermining efforts “to save babies.”

On Tuesday, Senate Republicans changed course. Faber cited Trump’s election to the presidency as justification for his change of heart, saying the effort could have a shot in the courts with Trump’s appointees. The U.S. Supreme Court has held that states cannot prohibit abortions unless a fetus is viable outside the womb, generally accepted as 24 weeks’ gestation.

So for people like Cuomo, they hate religion as a basis for restricting abortion. Apparently science is the only answer for them.

But guess what? This is science! If there’s a detectable heartbeat, then that means it is definitely a child. 1+1=2.

And if you remember, scientists have found that a baby’s heartbeat can now be detected as early as 16 days!

I really hope Kasich signs this bill and does it with a huge ceremony. It’s a great bill, and although will be challenged in the courts, we have to keep fighting to end this scourge of abortion as quickly as possible.

http://therightscoop.com/awesome-ohio-passes-heartbeat-bill-restricting-abortion-heartbeat-detected/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio has just sent a bill to Governor Kasich’s desk that would restrict abortion once the heartbeat of a child is detected.

– Ohio would have the country’s most restrictive abortion laws under a bill sent to Gov. John Kasich on Tuesday, as leading Republicans were emboldened by the anticipation of Donald Trump’s upcoming federal and Supreme court appointments.

If signed by Kasich, the so-called “heartbeat bill” would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can be as early as six weeks’ gestation. The proposal would not exempt pregnancies resulting from rape or incest, but does include an exception for an abortion to save the life of the pregnant woman.

The change would put the state in violation of current constitutional standards for abortion rights.

For years, Kasich, leading Republican senators and Ohio Right to Life have cited its unconstitutionality as their reason for opposing the heartbeat measure. Federal courts have struck down similar laws in North Dakota and Arkansas.

Senate President Keith Faber, a Republican from Celina, Ohio, even suggested last year that supporters of the heartbeat bill ultimately were undermining efforts “to save babies.”

On Tuesday, Senate Republicans changed course. Faber cited Trump’s election to the presidency as justification for his change of heart, saying the effort could have a shot in the courts with Trump’s appointees. The U.S. Supreme Court has held that states cannot prohibit abortions unless a fetus is viable outside the womb, generally accepted as 24 weeks’ gestation.

So for people like Cuomo, they hate religion as a basis for restricting abortion. Apparently science is the only answer for them.

But guess what? This is science! If there’s a detectable heartbeat, then that means it is definitely a child. 1+1=2.

And if you remember, scientists have found that a baby’s heartbeat can now be detected as early as 16 days!

I really hope Kasich signs this bill and does it with a huge ceremony. It’s a great bill, and although will be challenged in the courts, we have to keep fighting to end this scourge of abortion as quickly as possible.

http://therightscoop.com/awesome-ohio-passes-heartbeat-bill-restricting-abortion-heartbeat-detected/

Great news.

Cleve. if someone gets raped, there is no heartbeat for weeks.

Stop spouting and spewing off nonsense when you don't know what you are talking about

All you had to do was read the freaking original post.

Is there an exemption for rape in the bill or not? Scenario, tje woman is beaten and raped and is hospitalized for weeks but retains the pregnancy. By tje time she's lucid and is told she's pregnant from a gang rape, theres a heartbeat.....you know full well our modern bureacracy prolongs this case indefinitely. And then it'll be high time for war. We ditched the paradigm of species propagation through rape and forced coersion long ago. Wr're not going back. I was fine with a ban on late term, but this is way over on the other side.

God just do the sensible thing and form a compromise. Abortions shouldn't be fed subsidized so right leaning peopl can wash their hands of it. But beyond that its legal. Why can we not just leave it at that?

I believe life starts at conception. A cutoff that after a baby has a beating heart seems a reasonable compromise to me.

Morning After Pill Info - 24/7 Help After Unprotected Sex‎

Adwww.optionline.org/‎(800) 712-4357

Explore All Your Pregnancy Options.

Highlights: Pregnancy Tests, Some Limited Ultrasounds…

For Friends

Contact Us

Pregnant?

what next? you are going to rant about "what if an alien from Mars comes here,

and they give you a blood transfusion of his green blood...and..."

https://youtu.be/OjYoNL4g5Vg

I wonder how far this one will get? Further than the 'ohio heartbeat bill 2013' or '...2014'? Maybe as far as ones in other states that have promptly been determined to be unconstitutional. But yay for rabble rousing.

I believe life starts at conception. A cutoff that after a baby has a beating heart seems a reasonable compromise to me.

Ur still telling someone whatbthey can and cant do with their own bodies, whether that happens the day after or 8 montjs down the road no difference. Some abortions happen very late term because complications arise and the couple wants to secure their ability to have more children in the future. The list of valid unselfish reasons is long. But conservatives want to act as if every abortion happens because of he woman just doesnt feel like it. Those abortions are the ones that happen before the babys heartbeat. So this law only fucks with the women who want to have children but have to terminate a preg due to complications

<p>

Morning After Pill Info - 24/7 Help After Unprotected Sex‎

Adwww.optionline.org/‎(800) 712-4357

Explore All Your Pregnancy Options.

Highlights: Pregnancy Tests, Some Limited Ultrasounds

Actually misidentification, or a general unawareness, of pregnancy are fairly common; many women would not even know they're pregnant till well after the 6th week: http://health.howstuffworks.com/pregnancy-and-parenting/pregnancy/issues/10-reasons-you-might-not-know-you-are-pregnant.htm

Yet another law based more in religious hysteria and not really in science at all.

I wonder how far this one will get? Further than the 'ohio heartbeat bill 2013' or '...2014'? Maybe as far as ones in other states that have promptly been determined to be unconstitutional. But yay for rabble rousing.

Exactly. Most of the so called "heartbeat bills" have either died in subcommittee, been vetoed by governors, or - if passed - been struck down as unconstitutional by the lower courts and the Supreme Court: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_heartbeat_bill

There is ample legal precedent to strike this law down if passed, and the Ohio GOP know it. They're just trying to pander to their Bible-thumping constituents at this point.

To be frank, this is one of those issues where no one side will get their way; neither side will agree to a total abortion ban (or an effective ban, like this bill, nor will they accept unrestricted abortions for all. At the end of the day, politically-wise, the best solution will be one where no one is truly happy about the outcome.

Theology >> science... at least as long as it is the right theology...

But on the science side... the human fetal heart is not recognizable as a "heart" until roughly 10 weeks gestation. That's roughly when the 4th and final chamber forms.

Ur still telling someone whatbthey can and cant do with their own bodies, whether that happens the day after or 8 montjs down the road no difference. Some abortions happen very late term because complications arise and the couple wants to secure their ability to have more children in the future. The list of valid unselfish reasons is long. But conservatives want to act as if every abortion happens because of he woman just doesnt feel like it. Those abortions are the ones that happen before the babys heartbeat. So this law only fucks with the women who want to have children but have to terminate a preg due to complications

The difference is this is a separate human being and most abortions are out done of convenience.

The difference is this is a separate human being and most abortions are out done of convenience.

Most, but not all, and the ones who would slip through the cracks - like rape victims and mother's who fetuses show extreme genetic abnormalities - would be the ones who would pay the price for this bill.

Most, but not all, and the ones who would slip through the cracks - like rape victims and mother's who fetuses show extreme genetic abnormalities - would be the ones who would pay the price for this bill.

why-women-choose-abortion-stats.gif

That is why I said "most, but not all" in the first place, OBF.

And I was pointing out "most" is a small number compared to the vast number of abortions done for convenience.

I only see 24% of that list as pure convenience and that last 8% could be debated. That 24% doesn't take into account the 4% labeled as other either as I'm not going to guess what other may be.

I would say that at least 90% could be labeled convenience, just a bunch of different euphemisms to make it seem like there are more reasons. That doesn't necessarily mean convenience is an invalid reason but come on, who wants to admit that?

Nobody wants to think of themselves as irresponsible slugs.

WSS

I only see 24% of that list as pure convenience and that last 8% could be debated. That 24% doesn't take into account the 4% labeled as other either as I'm not going to guess what other may be.

I see much more than that. It is not even up for debate most abortions are done for convenience:

99.31% of Abortions Done for Convenience, Not Health

Sometimes pro-choicers argue that abortion must be legal because women often have health problems that make it impossible to carry a pregnancy to term.. Also, they say that many unborn babies that are aborted were deformed or defective in some way. Putting aside the issues that many abortionists have said there are no true reasons why women need an abortion for her health and that many of the babies aborted for defect have manageable illnesses like down syndrome, the vast majority of abortions are for elective reasons. These reasons include a mother not wanting the child interfere with her career, not wanting to be single mother, not wanting to put her baby up for adoption, or simply not wanting another child. Here are the statistics:

from 1980 to 2000 – 99.31% of abortions annually were for non-therapeutic reasons

5460 were for health of mother — that is .36%

3640 were for fetal defects — that is .24%

1,506,770 are for social cases- that is 99.31%

Marybeth T. Hagan “Abortion: a Mother’s Plea for Maternity and the Unborn” (Liguori, Missouri: Triumph) 2005

Yeah, health isn't my major concern here. It's the ability of the mother/parent to care for their child and help to raise them into productive members of society.

If the mother can't afford to take care of herself, how is she supposed to take care of a child as well?

If the mother isn't mature enough to take on the responsibility of becoming a mother, what's the likelihood the child grows into a mature and productive human being?

why-women-choose-abortion-stats.gif

If only we had more women raising babies that can't afford them, aren't mature enough to raise them, or don't have a support network around them.

That'll fix everything!

Archived