THE BROWNS BOARD

YESSSSSSS

LondonBrown

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio born and bred, won a State Championship for Toledo Central Catholic.

Kizer needs time to work on mechanics.....and everybody else to stay healthy.

Very pleased. I wouldn't have minded if they took him in the 1st round and they got him at 52.

I would have thrown something at the TV....well maybe not but second round was fair just to pick A QB in 2017 and not get completely shut out.

Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label theres a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

Just perusing the draft grade sites and it looks like most of them think he was a good pick, especially where we got him.

You people are out of your fucking minds. This guy is inaccurate, erratic, mistake prone, and he left college 2 years too early. No Veteran talent to work with the kid.

Absolute horseshit pick. Absolute bust draft. Worst draft in the history of the Browns. This fucking kid will self destruct. But hey, inaccurate, mistake-prone, dumb? Right up Hue's DNA, yeah?

LIke I said, the Browns will draft DeShit.

Trubisky's brow almost touches his chin and gave up a forced fumble to a referee in a bowl game, what's your point?

Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

4/28/17, 8:55 PM

DeShone Kizer needs time, but I think he'll end up being the best QB in this draft.

That is it with nothing but time to clean up his mechanics like footwork, release, reads, etc....

....and then we wait to see what develops.

How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

Oh you noticed that too.

Have you tried RAID? :lol:

How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

Capture_zpscidohtrx.png

Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

When you see a post that starts with "ghoolie" skip it. Maybe skim it if you want to take some notes on ham-fisted troll technique. Or, you could just assume every ghoolie post says: "Browns fans are dumb, I am smart. Soon all the dumb Browns fans will tell ghoolie that ghoolie is smart and they are dumb and that black people carry satans dna."

Archived