THE BROWNS BOARD

Interest in Mixon?

Hoodums19

So I know everyone that hates the draft has been clamoring for an offensive playmaker. I personally think Njoku was an ok pick but they panicked at 12 when they saw trubisky wasnt gonna drop. To me peppers is a 3rd round player, but we will see in time. So now that the bears have snagged trubisky, I feel there are no qbs left worth picking.

As I look at it, we have a few decent "playmakers" left in the draft we could draft, which could include (if they drop to us):

Joe Mixon

Smith-Schuster

Zay Jones

D'onta Foreman

Chris Godwin

Dede Westbrook

Even Curtis Samuel?

I also think OL Dan Feeney could be an option, as I believe our FO showed interest in him.

But getting to the point, would you all be ok with drafting Mixon? He does have potential off the field problems, but obviously Sashi is willing to deal with those as he still is open to trying to bring back pothead Gordon. Ive heard Mixon has 1st round talent, so if we want a playmaker,there he is. Thoughts?

Lotta WRs there...

Like Jones and Godwin a lot, but they'll go today and I'm not willing to pay thprice. My value picks at WR are Taywan Taylor and Robert Davis. But Taywan's added value as a return man was diminished by the Peppers pick and he falls in our pick void. Davis should be there tomorrow when we are back in business.

Mixon? Just no... I can't go there... and can't imagine this FO going there. Jamaar Williams BYU and Brian Hill (Wyoming) are two high value RBs I like. But as with Taywan and the hole in our draft picks now, I'm not sure we have a shot at either. Saturday? Joe Wilson (Utah) is a possibility, but if we think we resign Crow, then we can stand pat at RB adding a UDFA or two to Camp.

I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.

At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

I like Zay jones too, & what about Cooper Cupp?

Cupp feels a little.... overblown? overhyped? Again his price, if he goes as expected to go today, seems high... especially after posting a 4.62 at the Combine.

I do also like Switzer tomorrow... quick, tough lil bugger who could see as our new Hawk.

But it's Robert Davis that looks to have real, sleeper, steal potential. measurables are off the chart.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=130263

More defense today. No more wr's except maybe day 3 if Josh Reynolds is there. Staff liked his play in Senior Bowl week. Trade into the 4th to get him with a couple of those 5ths if he is still there.

At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

Completely agree. I am heavily in favor of bolstering the defense. Ive just read around and it seems many are in an uproar about our "lack of offensive playmakers".

Completely agree. I am heavily in favor of bolstering the defense. Ive just read around and it seems many are in an uproar about our "lack of offensive playmakers".

X factor is still Josh Gordon, like it or not.

Also was looking back at the extremely early "Draft Talk" post made about 8 months ago. You literally predicted our first two picks in that post. You said something like "Garrett and Peppers would be nice"

also was looking back at the extremely early "Draft Talk" post made about 8 months ago. You literally predicted our first two picks in that post. You said something like "Garrett and Peppers would be nice"

I don't remember that. Maybe I am prescient and omnipotent?

I think what I did was simply look at who was rated high at the time, knowing we would likely have the #1 or 2 pick ourselves, and something mid round from the Eagles. Garrett was always rated high. And at the time, Peppers was rated much higher than he was later. He was thought of as a potential Top Ten-15 pick then.

mixon kizer davis obi left who should we go?update mixon to bengals hopefully he dont burn us twice a year

I would not worry much about it. The most important ability is AVAILability, and mark my works, Mixon will do stuff that will get him suspended. It is the pattern of his life. Pgh just took Smith-Schuster, shows you how much they believe in Bryant, who was just conditionally reinstated by the league. He has shown the pattern of his life also, and Bryant will likely do something to get suspended, though he has not shown the violence that Mixon has. The Browns are getting enough high draft choices stockpiled that they may soon have a respectable level of talent on the roster, they were right to pass on this destructive fool that is Mixon. No more head cases, please.

Love the cinci boos when they picked Mixon. Suprising, youd think he would fit right in with those criminals.

Hes a member of the slapahoe tribe

Love the cinci boos when they picked Mixon. Suprising, youd think he would fit right in with those criminals.

Hes a member of the slapahoe tribe

It's a pretty good illustration of how arbitrary all this feaux morality outrage is. And I mean from everyone, not just Cinci fans.

Twas a great pick for them as was Jordan Willis. Watch out.

It's a pretty good illustration of how arbitrary all this feaux morality outrage is. And I mean from everyone, not just Cinci fans.

Twas a great pick for them as was Jordan Willis. Watch out.

Willis was a great pick for them.

It's a pretty good illustration of how arbitrary all this feaux morality outrage is.

Fess up.... no A&M grad talks like that...

Fess up.... no A&M grad talks like that...

LOL! Unless they have a Cornell undergrad with a Masters in English from A&M like the old wifey. :D

I live with a walking Thesaurus. I'm into paleontology too ya know. :lol:

LOL! Unless they have a Cornell undergrad with a Masters in English from A&M like the old wifey. :D

I live with a walking Thesaurus. I'm into paleontology too ya know. :lol:

I have a Cornell.....grad student. But he is a good teacher. He takes a very arcane subject (molecular biology), and makes it so that a "common" person can understand it. I appreciate the value of vocabulary. It is always a challenge to shitslam Steeler fans in creative ways. But making a hard subject sound simple...that's hard.

Archived