THE BROWNS BOARD

Now THIS is how you draft!

domcucch1994

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very excited about the additions to the team. They are the incremental increases in talent that we needed.

The Defense is getting a huge upgrade and the offense will improve with the addition of Josh Gordon, Goodell willing.

The Draft it's like kissing girls in the dark. you don't know who you are kissing.

but grown men are paid 6 figure wages to do so. great work if you get it.

Is this a recruitment ad?

I know it's a bit of state sponsored propaganda and it has a long 43min run time, but man, I dug watching all of this.

(The highlights of our 7th round RB made me giggle a bit - dude looks snappy.... and our TE is just ridiculous)

I know it's a bit of state sponsored propaganda and it has a long 43min run time, but man, I dug watching all of this.

A point they made at the end really hit home with me. To paraphrase, they said had Kizer come out last year he would have been on par with Wentz based on his 2015 season. Earlier they made the point that ND coach Kelly didn't do him any favors this past year, something I totally agree with. Kelly sucks and will not last much longer @ ND IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

This draft was brilliant. And having scouts and staff and coaches...who look at the players who have character, love the game,

are well spoken (not thug attitudes and english)...have the work ethic, ...this draft turns this team around.

The only way it was possible was making the trade down. Our three first round draft picks alone, are a greater value

than staying and taking Carson Wentz, who really was my pick if they stayed where they were.

Biggest new takeaway from the video - is Njoku mentioning that "well, you DID something".... the Browns had said

they were going to do something to get him in the first round...they did. And that is right in front of the squealers,

who were poised to draft him, by all accounts.

Haven't heard much from the squealers, our third pick in the first round was probably going on the next pick.

Just brilliant.

The draft COULD be brilliant. I'm definitely not upset with the results, but the success of the draft will come down to several factors:

1. Trading down from 12 and not taking Hooker when we DESPERATELY needed a free safety. Add in the fact that he played for OSU, and it really hurts. If Pepper busts, and Hooker jams out...

2. QB's taken in the first round. If Mitch Trubisky and/or Deshawn Watson turn into "franchise QB's", or even "decent starting QB's", this draft is a failure unless Cody completely steps up or Kizer develops quickly. Also, if Carson Wentz makes big strides and turns into a stud, our regime will have passed on multiple players that could've ended our pain on the one position that has tortured us for an entire generation. Our coaches and GM have repeatedly stated that job #1 is to "find our QB", and we're now in year two without having any idea. Could it be Kizer? Osweiler? Kessler? Yeah, it could be, and for the careers of everyone involved in our team's decision making...I hope so.

This draft was brilliant. And having scouts and staff and coaches...who look at the players who have character, love the game,

are well spoken (not thug attitudes and english)...have the work ethic, ...this draft turns this team around.

The only way it was possible was making the trade down. Our three first round draft picks alone, are a greater value

than staying and taking Carson Wentz, who really was my pick if they stayed where they were.

Biggest new takeaway from the video - is Njoku mentioning that "well, you DID something".... the Browns had said

they were going to do something to get him in the first round...they did. And that is right in front of the squealers,

who were poised to draft him, by all accounts.

Haven't heard much from the squealers, our third pick in the first round was probably going on the next pick.

Just brilliant.

Your relentless, "character" drum-beat certainly seems to have played out. Clearly a focus of this FO...

The one "flyer" we took on Brantley was low cost and apparently after a fair amount of due diligence. Here's a related article...

Browns owner Dee Haslam says she trusts football personnel group on decision to draft Caleb Brantley

By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com

on May 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM, updated May 16, 2017 at 6:24 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns owner Dee Haslam said on Tuesday the decision to draft Florida defensive lineman Caleb Brantley came down to a simple factor: trusting the people in charge of the football side of things.

"We really trust our football personnel group to make these decisions and they vet every situation very carefully," Haslam said following a groundbreaking ceremony at John Adams High School for the installation of a new, turf football field. "They do their research. We trusted that, and we have to trust in that."

More at: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_owner_dee_haslam_says_s.html

Archived