THE BROWNS BOARD

Now THIS is how you draft!

domcucch1994

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the fuck are the Browns in love with Shittagain players? Won't draft from THE Ohio State University... But they'll draft fron ttut every fucking draft.

Which school produces bigger stars? It's not even close. Brady is the anomaly

Besides the fact that you're an idiot, we've hardly ever drafted from Michigan recently

Total shit draft. I win again.

Larry, I am always right. No need to prove anything, but I appreciate the kudos.

When I called the 201 draft a bust, which 1 - 15 says all we need to say, people here told me, "Ghoolie, you don't understand the draft. We are building assets. We have good, solid players and NEXT year, you will really see it come to fruition. Ahhhh.....I called that the words of a jackoff....BUT BUT BUT............ okay.....

Segue now to 2017................ the the same shit applies............... Wait till 2018.....you're really gonna see something.

HEY LINUS.................GO TO BED, THAT STUPID FUCKING PUMPKIN ISN'T SHOWING UP.

#1, #12 We get shit. If you wanted an edge rusher, you could have had a much better one in Bosa............ cheaper, last year. And after that? You got shit....a big pile of shit. The only ones outsmarted by Sashi and DePodesta are the fans and Hazmat. "Jimmie, just wait, we'el draft em next year. What happened tonight was classic Browns embarassment.

The FO thought they would be clever and get Garrett at #1 and Trubisky at #12, They, like most here, actually bought into the hype that Trubisky was going to be taken after the other QBs I GUARANTEE YOU, when the Bears traded up, Sashi and Deopdesta literally shit their pants, and I GUARANTEE YOU...Haslam is madder than a mother fucker right now.

The Browns traded down because they were stunned. The realized they fucked up and had no other plan.

Make no mistake, this fucking team is in the biggest trouble it ever has been. No Qb, no WRs, nothing to make an impact. Garrett will be injured, mark my words. He will be on the field all the time, he will try to save the team on every play and he will get ass pounded.

Worst draft in the history of the Browns. Absolute worst.

Correctamundo. These pussies will never draft an elite offensive playmaker, they are too scared. It will always be trade downs waiting for next year.

It all hinges on what the Browns do with the Houston first rounder next year. basically, they picked up a first rounder in 2018 because they were willing to part with a 4th rounder and willing to pick a smaller, slower, TE who can't block or catch as well as OJ Howard. If the Browns add an impact player with that pick, it was well worth it, if they get another Cam Erving......

You'll be saying the same shit next year.

Sashi just said they felt they had to go up to get Njoku to improve their offense immediately, "special for us". Also says they are likely standing pat Day 2.

And now they can call it "Bears gonna Bears!"

This Draft has all the markings of the FO getting schooled big time.

Garrett was the best Athlete on the board, not necessarily the best Player, but consensus #1 - so that pick's not too hard to screw up (though I think they may have thought about it).

I really think they wanted to grab Trubisky, and that they panic traded out of #12 when the Bears jumped up and grabbed him.

Seemed pretty obvious they didn't have a plan for that and didn't know what to do as they got taken to the Cleaners on that deal, dropping 13 spots and only getting a (likely) low round #1 next year.

The #25 pick has been referred to as a "Project" Player and is a multi-positional one at that (not a true S).

A #1 for a "Project"?

Sounds like Cam Erving to me, the last multi-positional player we took with a #1 . . . . how's that worked out.

Then they burn some Draft capital and jump back into the 1st for the third(?) best TE?

Sounds of desperation to me.

There were some impact Players available at 12, but they totally bailed . . .

They're trying to be too smart and they just don't have the snap to pull it off.

Another big time losing Season upcoming . . . and do you really think this FO is going to survive that (and you know what that means)?

this draft was surprising. I didn't expect Malik Hooker or Marshon Lattimore to drop so low, was hoping for one of them but once we traded back I let go of those hopes. I was hoping for Peppers at 33, getting him at 25 is alright with me. I don't know anything about Njoku but hopefully he'll be a great target for Kessler. Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic for this season and really intrigued to see how Williams uses Peppers.

On to the second round. #52 is a long time to wait, no telling who will still be available. Elflein would be OK but I don't think he will be there, plus the FA moves on the O-line during the offseason are reassuring. This may be a reach, but I'd go with Switzer from NC. Every time I watched tape trying to figure out what people were seeing in Trubisky, Switzer was the one who really jumped out. I'd be OK with the best available CB as well, just not sure if they will make as big of a difference as Switzer. The best CBs are already gone.

Good draft

I just dont get where the Browns are going QB wise with a Ben, Dalton and Flacco in the division. Cleveland still has the worst QB right now unless Orsewieller really turns it around.

I am sure Myles Garrett will have something to say about putting those 3 quarterbacks on their ass multiple times.

WSS

My only problem was trading back from 12 to 25. That was just too far, and I think it really cost us. Malik Hooker was on the board, and I REALLY didn't expect that...like...at all. If we came away with Garrett, Hooker, and Djoku, I'd be calling this the best potential first round in my life. How bad was our back end on defense? A ball-hawking safety was available at a premier college, and we traded DOWN...AGAIN? Sure, I love getting the 2018 first round pick, but at some point you can't keep investing in future rounds, and you have to select the higher rated talent. What makes it worse is that Peppers isn't tethered to a safety, thus, making his transition to the NFL THAT much more difficult. He doesn't even have his craft down in the college level, how the hell is he supposed to transfer his abilities over to the grown-ass NFL? I just don't see it. I'm not saying it CAN'T happen, but I definitely don't see it happening quickly, that's for sure. The somewhat silver lining is that Peppers is a pronounced special teams player, and he can return punts and probably kicks. Something we definitely struggled with last year (if we weren't the worst return team, we had to be close, right?)

The biggest reason for optimism regarding Peppers is he appears to be an emotional type guy who is passionate about football. Combine that with the fact we now have a creative defensive coordinator in Gregg Williams, and Peppers probably went to one of the best fits. Gregg Williams has a reputation for "figuring out how to use players", and let's hope that remains true with our rookies.

With our two first round picks, I wanted two starters. We came away with three players on day 1, but I'm not sure we came away with two immediate starters. Obviously Myles Garrett will start, but will Peppers? I seriously doubt it, at least not right away. I want to be wrong...maybe I am. Djoku has more athletic gifts than one human deserves, but he's absurdly raw at the TE position, and somewhat fits into the same category as Peppers. If he hasn't mastered the technical aspects of his position, how can he be expected to contribute right away? Again, I hope I'm wrong. Much of both Peppers' and Djoku's ability to see a substantial amount of playing time will come down to their aptitude and ability to stay healthy.

I like it, but I certainly don't love it.

Wow, the nay sayers crack me up.

I like the picks so far!! The browns are putting together a team first and then will plug in a Qb to finish it next year.

Why draft a Qb and have him get destroyed or end up gun shy this upcoming season?

Peppers is going to be the next polomalu and totally rejuvenate the defense.

I have no problems with what they have done and until the season starts not a single one of you can predict what is going to happen. Let it play out and then reserve judgement.

Go Browns!!!!

Oh and Fuck Off Ghoolie!!

I like the picks so far!! The browns are putting together a team first and then will plug in a Qb to finish it next year.

Why draft a Qb and have him get destroyed or end up gun shy this upcoming season?

I have no problems with what they have done and until the season starts not a single one of you can predict what is going to happen. Let it play out and then reserve judgement.

Go Browns!!!!

I agree.

We all knew, before this draft, that we weren't going to get all we wanted, but it appears we got 3 players who will be significant contributors this upcoming season and another 1st rounder next year. I chose to look at what we GOT & I like it too. We are building assets without mortgaging our future. That's a good thing.

Mike

Go Browns!!!!

Ghoolie will be back later if he can put his toy down long enough :)

b8241945957e087877f893f12ca17620.jpg

I reluctantly like Garrett, just watch Mitch go on to be an all-pro. At least me and Gip can drown our sorrows at Maya at Stan's expense for getting the bet right. (It was top 10)

Hope Peppers isn't the Jack of all trades and master of none. Njoku may be an OK pick we'll see. He got a lot of run pre draft.

if Peppers pans out as a safety it's a great draft. If not and only special teams I'll rate it a good draft.

Why the fuck are the Browns in love with Shittagain players? Won't draft from THE Ohio State University... But they'll draft fron ttut every fucking draft.

Which school produces bigger stars? It's not even close. Brady is the anomaly

I'm as big a Bucks homer as any but really who gives a shit where they played college ball? I don't care if they played at Shitstain U , just ball out for the Browns. Specific to your likely topic I think plent of teams had concerns with Hookers injuries.

I wasn't comparing Dr. Peppers to Lewis- I want to see studly production out of him though. He won't be any problem off the field, and if he fails it won't be from lack of effort. It will be up to Williams to figure out how to use him- he's a guy without a set position, you ought to know that's the big knock against him. I wasn't keen on him- and not just because he went to Michigan either.

Regarding Peppers- well, here's what we potentially gave up to land him. That LOW first round pick we got from the Texans (and Jabril) had better turn out better than the following: Malik Hooker, Jonathan Allen, Adoree Jackson, OJ Howard, and yeah Gareon Conley- if we were daring. We traded up for Njoku with Foster still available too. Seems we went the high character route so far.

First, sorry I went off... late... tired... maybe a tad drunk... But even sober and only a lil hung over, when I read "so&so better be SO&SO," I read that as a direct comparison... that aside.

As for who we passed over:

• almost certainly Allen was a medical DQ;
  • no one championed him more here than me, but ditto in part for Foster, who in addition has two more strikes;
  • opinions varied on Hooker as an overall player and his fall showed that;
  • OJH... great prospect, but would I trade a low 2018 first to move up 13 spots to get him? No... and we got a consolation prize I am warming to... The price of that "prize"... not crazy about it, but for once we did spend some draft capital.
  • Jackson... good prospect, but this draft is lousy with good 2ndary prospects.
  • and Conley... big dice roll there... one other teams are better positioned to make. As you said... character standards...

Funniest comment this morning in describing the Bears being snookered by a rookie gm, "We're the Browns now!"

ESPN ran a shit load of video tweets of fan reactions to the trade and selection... CHI-town ain't in a great mood this AM...

Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...

Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.

While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?

Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.

But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.

Njoku WAS rated on many boards higher than where we actually took him. So, from that standpoint, it seems a good pick.

I don't think there was much that could've been done about Trubisky outside of Dafting him first. To me it looked like Da Bears threw a monkey wrench in our whole Trubisky program. Good with the Garrett pick. Ehh...we'll see on the other two. Kind of luke warm on the whole draft so far. Looked like too much work for two players that may have been there in the second. Again we'll see.

Agree. Bears made a costly move to go up one spot to take MT because they were afraid the Browns were going to be bold and make a deal with the 49ers. Understandable.

Browns probably felt that they could move up to #5 and get him. I don't know if they ever thought that the Bears would pick him.

He compared Foster to Ray Lewis. If peppers can play we're in good shape. Set the territorial loyalty a side. He probably fell that far because he likes his weed.

I wanted Hooker and Elflien. I think we need our own true centre.

Hard to get worked up about players taken in the fourth or lower.

WSS

Elflein theoretically still in play. Not sure though why the Browns would go OC now, with Tretter, Martin, Fabiano all still on roster.

Archived