THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett Peppers and 1st rounder

Comeonman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as said 3 fucking starters but yet some assholes want to bitch we also get an extra first to make it almost impossible not to get the best qb in the draft next year

Well some trade ammunition in the first round might help.

I still think that they could've done better but isn't that true about everyone.

His stats were the topic of discussion this morning on the local sports radio.

Dude, EVERY PLAY all he did was set the edge to make the runner cut back into the DL. That was his role - and on passing downs first act as if he was going to blitz to require the extra blocker to stay in before dropping into a hook zone in that side of the field. If the radio never brought that up..... you wasted your time because the lack of that information will understandably lead to erroneous conclusions.

He was simply a fourth LB for UM last year.

You do realize Alabama's Reuben Foster had.. 2 PD, zero interceptions, and zero forced fumbles all of last season, right?

3rd LB mostly.

Lewis - Thomas - Hill - Stribling

Peppers - Gedeon - McCray

Charlton - Hurst - Glasgow - Wormley

Or something like that.

We could go from a traditional 4-3 (kinda) to a 4-2-5 nickel (kinda) without subbing that LB off, cuz it was Jabrill

We could go from a traditional 4-3 (kinda) to a 4-2-5 nickel (kinda) without subbing that LB off...

Kinda important flexibility against a growing number of NFL opponents... with PTG at the top of the list...

News flash...he won't be playing LB in the NFL.

No way.....dont see that happening......nope.

I'll take some of that... I'm already up one beer on Mud...

1st play first Defensive series? No... but without a rostered, 3-down LOLB... at least that I can see, I think he'll draw an LB-hybrid role early and often.

Only way I can see losing a bet on that is if Gregg finds a better candidate.

I'll take some of that... I'm already up one beer on Mud...

1st play first Defensive series? No... but without a rostered, 3-down LOLB... at least that I can see, I think he'll draw an LB-hybrid role early and often.

Only way I can see losing a bet on that is if Gregg finds a better candidate.

You're up one beer???......remind me.....I thought we both missed on that bet....;)

Outside of Braylon Edwards and Derrick Alexander, Michigan has given us lunch pal guys to admire like Safety Thom Darden, Center Steve Everitt, RB Leroy Hoard and even FB/H-Back Aaron Shea.

Mike Mayock (who was raised by a high school football coach) before he got drafted as a DB - has a lot of knowledge of DBs and what they show on film. I trust why he rated Peppers #1. And like Jon Gruden said, it doesn't hurt to have experience at S, CB and LBer when heading to the NFL because of all the different schemes he'll face from week to week.1 week he may see a lot of double tight; another he may see a lot more spread, another week he may face a great run team so the more ways he can defend people (as used by Harbaugh's staff) - the more intriguing he gets. In 2016, he had 15 tackles for a loss and we've seen some of these that were fun to watch.

While Jalapeno Peppers might not warm everyone's groin in Ohio - I get the feeling he changed Gregg Williams' football wood factor from balsa to sequoia.

Michigan just took the lead over BAMA in this draft...

ROLL TIDE... or Woody will be insufferable...

But if "m" is so good why can't they beat The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY? :huh:

(and yes we know they're better than in past years)

Love Garrett, I'm in the camp that doesn't believe Peppers has a 2-3 down position in the NFL which should be a given at #25. I'm also nervous that Hue is talking using Peppers on offense. He is going to have to learn both sides of the ball?

I'll admit when they traded down I was pissed. I have to say though Garrett, peppers and Njoku AND 2018 1st? Close to a mic drop.

Me too. Well said.

Also in the news...

Michigan lost half its starters...

Only once, just to put it in this thread:

Michigan had a lot of seniors on the roster. A lot of guys from the Hoke era. Not nearly at the level Harbaugh is bringing in, but they had the experience and a few years of Harbaugh coaching. This is not a usual case of losing all your seniors and getting worse, as we're still turning it into Harbaugh​s team.

Ex, we had 3 Sr OL and none were drafted. Saying "Look at all of the Srs they lost!" doesn't mean much when the guys replacing them will be better.

Alright, that's it.

Also in the news...

Michigan lost half its starters...

And the BUCKEYES didn't lose near the number of stars to the NFL as they did in 2016, should be good again in 2017-2018.

Ball hawking? No, Hooker wins that going away. But all around DB play? That gap narrows...

While I'm not a big fan of Chuckie, Gruden made a couple interesting comments about Peppers...

• his PassD numbers would have been much higher had been primarily utilized in a single-high role, and
  • if he could pick one guy to be the last tackler between a ball carrier and the winning TD, it'd be Peppers.

Another thing he said is in the NFL he'll face a lot of double tights 1 week, then see multiple Receiver sets another week and strong running game another week and a lot of different things; so the more experience he's had at multiple roles like covering a slot, playing LBer, playing corner, playing Safety, etc - the more intriguing he is to NFL DCs. Like you said, good tackling doesn't hurt either.

I like Mayock a lot even if I find him more of an expert at some positions than others. He was a DB raised by a high school football coach so when he rated Peppers #1 as a Safety - I trust his knowledge in doing so.

Archived