THE BROWNS BOARD

A Woody for Gerbil Peppers

MLD Woody

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it's a legit concern that the guy is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Rarely if ever does a guy play more than one position in the NFL, and Peppers will be a safety. His ability to cover the TE is extremely intriguing but what's done is done at this point.

I mean, it's a legit concern that the guy is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Rarely if ever does a guy play more than one position in the NFL, and Peppers will be a safety. His ability to cover the TE is extremely intriguing but what's done is done at this point.

As in Cam Erving.

Let this kid be the exception.

WSS

Thanks for the above video.

Gotta say i'm intrigued by Peppers. He reminds me of Josh Cribbs (including attitude), but he will be playing for a coaching staff that will better utilize his talents. The thing I like most is his tackling. No bounce off, body block tackles from this kid. He wraps 'em up & puts 'em on the ground.

Put me on the Peppers bandwagon. He is a football PLAYER!

Mike

Thanks for the above video.

Gotta say i'm intrigued by Peppers. He reminds me of Josh Cribbs (including attitude), but he will be playing for a coaching staff that will better utilize his talents. The thing I like most is his tackling. No bounce off, body block tackles from this kid. He wraps 'em up & puts 'em on the ground.

Put me on the Peppers bandwagon.

Mike

I was thinking the same thing regarding Cribbs. Peppers will be a saftey or corner, and maybe a few plays on offense. Kid has heart and toughness, i like the pick.

The more I realize the skills he brings to the DC we just got (not even counting ST's), the more I like this pick. Combined with Garrett and whomever else we add tonight, exciting times for what I wanted most for the Browns, a real defense. And to boot we ignored jumping for Trubs when there are two better next year who really are franchise level with plenty of ammo to get one. We did not Browns this thing yesterday and that makes me smile that we are not where the Bears are this morning, laughing stock of the NFL.

My only regret is that Foster JFF'd himself right off our board. Dumb MF.

Disappointed we didn't get Mitch, sure- but not mad. My point Tour was, if you have an established team with multiple pro bowl players, a HOF qb- you have the luxury of accumulating picks. So how do you get all that pro bowl talent? It's not by passing on higher rated players when you're on the clock- for more picks down the road. We had a shit ton of picks already. Gip said we have plenty of ammunition- shoot it. Seems like the powder got wet today. I posted in another thread who we passed on moving down to #25, and are you going to tell me the Browns had all those guys rated lower than Peppers? Bull shit. Let me rephrase what DePodesta said about draft picks. "We don't really know how to draft, so we figure if we have enough picks eventually we'll guess right."

C'mon, man... you're reaching... I can't think of a team that drafted to the beat of their own drummer more than the Pats, "pass(ing) on higher rated players" along their way to the top of the league.

All lower than Peppers? No... can't tell you that. Lower than Peppers plus a 2018 first? Yes... without a doubt they'd take Peppers plus a 2018 first over any player off of the board from #12 thru #24.

Michigan Fans Joining the Board - Welcome Brothers

Welcome to the board! Don't worry, they're not all assholes. Some can actually think around their college fandom bias.

They'll learn to love Peppers eventually.

"Not all assholes"... can you be a little more reassuring? And why do Mich fans still need to "learn to love" our new swiss-army knife???

Now do we have to start calling him Woodpepper ?

lol... triggered a coughing fit, you bastard...

I was thinking the same thing regarding Cribbs. Peppers will be a saftey or corner, and maybe a few plays on offense. Kid has heart and toughness, i like the pick.

As was I. And damn I'd be happy with another Josh Cribbs!!

I can't wait to slowly watch everyone's college loyalty fade and support of Jabrill grow

No, this is called you being a dumbass apparently.

Our loyalty is toward the Browns. Not on where Browns players came from.

Peppers is cool now because he is a Cleveland Brown...and for no other reason.

Being happy we drafted my guy is much different than pure college fandom bias.

If I say he's guaranteed to be the next Ed Reed or something, then we can talk.

Browns may take Jourdan Lewis tonight. Which would be fine with me..as we need a CB along his order. And there is a DT I think from there that may be in play.

But, again,they would still only be worth a shit because they would be a Brown...and for no other reason.

C'mon, man... you're reaching... I can't think of a team that drafted to the beat of their own drummer more than the Pats, "pass(ing) on higher rated players" along their way to the top of the league.

All lower than Peppers? No... can't tell you that. Lower than Peppers plus a 2018 first? Yes... without a doubt they'd take Peppers plus a 2018 first over any player off of the board from #12 thru #24.

"Not all assholes"... can you be a little more reassuring? And why do Mich fans still need to "learn to love" our new swiss-army knife???

lol... triggered a coughing fit, you bastard...

I meant the assholes will learn to love him haha

Browns may take Jourdan Lewis tonight. Which would be fine with me..as we need a CB along his order. And there is a DT I think from there that may be in play.

But, again,they would still only be worth a shit because they would be a Brown...and for no other reason.

I don't think Lewis is what we're looking for at CB

You're thinking of Chris Wormley

Archived