THE BROWNS BOARD

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

Tour2ma

What's all that white stuff?

Yup... not sensing a hurry for these tix, but since I want to sit close to the in-laws and maybe trade seats around to sit with them, I'll have to spring earlier than I otherwise would.

Any one of a number of parking lots near the stadium will host the tailgate TopDawg is talking about... I'm sure he'll know which one soon if he doesn't already.

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/tailgating/guidelines-and-rules.html

Tour already knows- but for the rest of the Board, I'm in for sure. May do the StubHub route for tickets- let me know the general area you're sitting in. The BB Hotel should be an easy walk to the Tailgate Lots. Two bottle wine carry limit.

Any "open container" restrictions outside the Lots? But looking at the rules and regulations- 68db sound limit? What the hey! That's Church level. I don't consider it loud until it hits 90db. My Man Cave can pump out 110db continuous, though I don't go there anymore- 30 seconds and your ears are ringing. Always had heard that's "live rock concert" level. When I built a system that could get to that level, found out I never needed to get there in the first place. That's not just loud- it's stupid loud.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tour already knows- but for the rest of the Board, I'm in for sure. May do the StubHub route for tickets- let me know the general area you're sitting in. The BB Hotel should be an easy walk to the Tailgate Lots. Two bottle wine carry limit.

Any "open container" restrictions outside the Lots? But looking at the rules and regulations- 68db sound limit? What the hey! That's Church level. I don't consider it loud until it hits 90db. My Man Cave can pump out 110db continuous, though I don't go there anymore- 30 seconds and your ears are ringing. Always had heard that's "live rock concert" level. When I built a system that could get to that level, found out I never needed to get there in the first place. That's not just loud- it's stupid loud.

First: what is the "BB Hotel"?

oct 15th?

HA! the eve of my wife/girls Bday....

imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".

might as well shoot myself now.

october. what season do you consider that in TX? duck season?

oct 15th?

imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".

I consider it summer. Summer in Texas runs from about April till early November.

First: what is the "BB Hotel"?

That's the "official" Browns Backers hotel. If you had read that stuff Tour posted from the Space City Browns Backers- they reserved a block of rooms @ the Holiday Inn, NRG area. 8 minute walk to the stadium, less to the tailgates. Don't know if there's any rooms left at the group rate, and if you want more than Saturday and Sunday night, you need to call. The on line group code only works for those days.

"Official Browns Backer" Hotel

Holiday Inn Houston South - NRG/Medical Center

8111 Kirby Dr.

Houston 77054

Preferred Browns Backer Rate - $109/night + tax

Group Code - AF7

Yup... you can see each from the other... there's pretty much only the the itty-bitty Astrodome separating the two areas.

oct 15th?

take them all to Houston for their Bday, strategic gifts.

• 2 weeks later...

The SCDP has set the time and location for the Backer Bash.

Details

Date:
October 14
Time:
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Venue

BW3 Rice Village
2525 Rice Blvd
Houston, TX 77005 United States + Google Map

Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...

http://www.ricevillagedistrict.com/

Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.

Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.

Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.

Are you planning on going to Houston?

Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.

Are you planning on going to Houston?

I'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.

Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs. :)

SWEET BBQ

I'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.

Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs. :)

SWEET BBQ

I am 90% sure. Spoke with my daughter just this afternoon about it....and she is actually looking forward to it. Plus, as noted...due to her employment with Hilton we can get CHEAP hotel rates at Hampton...nearby. And she is excited about seeing a game with her old man....though she may be rooting for those Dumb Ass Texans...now that she is one of them. :angry:

I am likely to drive down.....spending time in New Orleans and Lafayette La...and follow the Natchez Trace.

I love chicken....and eggs. Good protein.

• 4 weeks later...

booked my flights on Delta today, 298.60 out of CLE. Fares are up from 235 several weeks ago. My guess is they will continue to rise.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

I bought them from the group I will be tailgating with, as soon as I find out I'll let you know. They are lower bowl close to field for 113 each. Face value.

Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

Thanks, though I am not absolutely ready to commit to going. It is my plan, and I am 90% there....just have to nail some stuff down. But thanks for the info.

just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

Small world... same section as my in-laws.

Montrose is prefect for you guys. Nice hotels and prices are good.

Area you used to "work"?

See the invitation that I plan to send out that I posted in The Barber Shop regarding my plans for the trip this fall to Houston. This trip, for me, would kill 3 birds with one stone: 1. I always take a Fall trip anyway...as you all can see. 2. It gives me a chance to see my daughter who lives in Texas...as she would be coming over for the game 3. then there is the game, and the camaraderie that goes with it with you all.

anyone looking for tickets should check with the Space City Dawg Pound Browns Backers. They posted on Facebook that they have acquired a good size block of game tickets.

Archived