THE BROWNS BOARD

Carlos Hyde

Zombo

I just noticed that Naples High grad Carlos Hyde had signed a letter of intent with Ohio St.

I haven't been to a game in a couple of years but I read about this guy every week during the season, he's a bruiser with speed.

He's 6'1 250 and runs a 4.4.

Naples High was beating local teams by scores like 90-0 this year just keeping it on the ground for the most part. They were state champs a couple years a go and runners up this year.

Here's Hyde:

Enjoy him.

Zombo

Dude looks like a monster!

Way to go Jimmy T, stealing one from under the noses of the Gators, Seminoles, Hurricanes etc.

Thanks for the heads up Zombo.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
I just noticed that Naples High grad Carlos Hyde had signed a letter of intent with Ohio St.

I haven't been to a game in a couple of years but I read about this guy every week during the season, he's a bruiser with speed.

He's 6'1 250 and runs a 4.4.

Naples High was beating local teams by scores like 90-0 this year just keeping it on the ground for the most part. They were state champs a couple years a go and runners up this year.

Here's Hyde:

Enjoy him.

Zombo

He doesn't run a 4.4. If he did he'd be the #1 back in the country! Scout has him listed at 4.65. Some have him listed as high as 4.55 but that is highly doubted.

I actually think 4.65 may be generous. His speed is what kept him listed as a FB and not a RB.

A lot of Buckeyes fans are really excited about this kid and think he'll be playing RB but I seriously doubt it. Not with Jamaal Berry committing to the Buckeyes.

Hyde, was listed by scout as the nation's #1 FB and that is where he'll play. Not at RB. He's the perfect fit in Tressels Pro I formations.

He was ranked only as Florida's 50th overall best player this year....While Jamaal Berry was ranked Florida's overall #5 and as high as the nation's #3 RB.

He doesn't run a 4.4. If he did he'd be the #1 back in the country! Scout has him listed at 4.65. Some have him listed as high as 4.55 but that is highly doubted.

I actually think 4.65 may be generous. His speed is what kept him listed as a FB and not a RB.

A lot of Buckeyes fans are really excited about this kid and think he'll be playing RB but I seriously doubt it. Not with Jamaal Berry committing to the Buckeyes.

Hyde, was listed by scout as the nation's #1 FB and that is where he'll play. Not at RB. He's the perfect fit in Tressels Pro I formations.

He was ranked only as Florida's 50th overall best player this year....While Jamaal Berry was ranked Florida's overall #5 and as high as the nation's #3 RB.

Yeah... he's a 6'1 230lb fullback, 250 is a big exaggeration, and so is 4.55 : /

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

meh. heh heh.

too bad he reminds me of TR sooo much that i wouldn't lay that card down draft day.

For all his faults, richardson still scored 12 tds last year. That's got to be worth a 5th rounder, for a goal-line back?

Hyde was a man, no doubt. I stilll don't think we need to reach on him just so we can get the OSU guy.

We should have won that game, damn. Gardner was down too, no fumble.

I don't think they should EVER reach for a RB. at least this FO got a 1st rounder for that stiff Trent

Hyde was a man, no doubt. I stilll don't think we need to reach on him just so we can get the OSU guy.

We should have won that game, damn. Gardner was down too, no fumble.

No, I agree that the Browns should not reach for him.....the question is: what would or would not constitute a reach? Second round?

There is probably no better back in the college game (though admittedly I have not seen them all). The Browns obviously need someone that performs like he performs in college....be it him or someone else.

I'm pretty sure Hyde isn't the #1 HB entering the draft right now. He is very good, but I don't think he is #1. I am pretty sure he falls between 5-10 right now

I think he was not rated #1 preseason, nor was he give much attention because he missed 3 games.....but once these draftniks now get a hold of the game results from the entire season he very well could be listed as the #1 prospect.

I know currently a lot of people have this Melvin Gordon of Wisconsin as the #1 back....but anyone that has watched the Big Ten can tell you that it will by Hyde, not Gordon who is the best back in the conference.

The guys from the Big Ten network said that OSU had the best 2 RBs in the conference: Hyde and Braxton Miller.

Archived