THE BROWNS BOARD

no wonder the nea and hard core libs HATE charter schools, and home schooling.

calfoxwc

they can't social engineer when parents make the decisions and teaching of their own kids.

liberal social engineers demand a captive audience for their garbage.

Glad we have a good Christian school in our community that I was able to send my children to. It was great to go into a school where the name of Jesus is proudly displayed, the 10 commandments were on the bulletin board and the PC nonsense being brought into the schools today was being kept out.

Some would say the students at a Christian school are being sheltered and that may be true but it is also true young people need some sheltering until they are older and stronger. Especially with what is going on today.

I grew up exclusively in private catholic schools. Uncoincidentally i grew up among the most prejudiced, bigoted,racist impudent children you'll find anywhere in this country. Growing with jesus means absolutely nothing i know that first hand. And every now and then you run into someone you grew up and you go wow you really havent changed much huh?

Its not public schools, charter schools, christian schools or home schooling.....the problem is the people in this country. Thats really the beginning and end of it. And every generation points fingers at the next one without looking themselves in the mirror. I have zero doubt millenials will be pointing at some future generation and proceed to make the same flawed, superficial and baseless accusations that are made against them

depends on the Catholic school. They don't pay well, and that is an understatement.

My Wife started out teaching at one, she wasn't Catholic at all, but she did great.

And, she got employed in the public school system to be able to have enough salary to make

her car payments and little apartment rent.

I grew up exclusively in private catholic schools. Uncoincidentally i grew up among the most prejudiced, bigoted,racist impudent children you'll find anywhere in this country. Growing with jesus means absolutely nothing i know that first hand. And every now and then you run into someone you grew up and you go wow you really havent changed much huh?

Its not public schools, charter schools, christian schools or home schooling.....the problem is the people in this country. Thats really the beginning and end of it. And every generation points fingers at the next one without looking themselves in the mirror. I have zero doubt millenials will be pointing at some future generation and proceed to make the same flawed, superficial and baseless accusations that are made against them

Millenials already do that, to previous generations at least.

Both baby boomers and millenials suck really, basically every generation sucks.

Like in any business Charter schools have their share of failures and scandals as well as successes. They are no panacea. Ohio's legislature had to scramble to revise their original rules governing Charters before the stink got on them.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/ohio-charter-schools-identified-as-among-worst-in-nation-1.570727

Like in any business Charter schools have their share of failures and scandals as well as successes. They are no panacea. Ohio's legislature had to scramble to revise their original rules governing Charters before the stink got on them.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/ohio-charter-schools-identified-as-among-worst-in-nation-1.570727

You aren't allowed to post Oliver here!

I enjoy Oliver every time I see the show. Funny witty, unfortunately I wouldn't waste much time considering it a valid point of the news.

Aside from the fact that there are some individual Crooks in the charter school system I didn't see there was much of a discussion on why one would be better or worse that a public school.

WSS

Dumb to let either one form your opinion.

At least Stewart's an American, though. And way more talented than Oliver fwiw

He doesn't... and, yes, John was... and still is.

Nonetheless, Oliver's recent segment on Charter schools was timely to the discussion. Charter schools aren't all bad, but neither are they a panacea.

Archived