THE BROWNS BOARD

Liberal Thugs/Goons

OldBrownsFan

Cal, do you know what the steam network is? If not,download it its free. Its a digital distribution service, the largest one, run by the makers of the halflife series. HL ep 1 and 2 are like god..... Ive played through countless times.

How bout demons? U like killing demons?

What's this 'download' you talk of? I install all my games via a 6 foot high stack of 1.44mb floppies.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal, do you know what the steam network is? If not,download it its free. Its a digital distribution service, the largest one, run by the makers of the halflife series. HL ep 1 and 2 are like god..... Ive played through countless times.

How bout demons? U like killing demons?

Steam is also available for linux and most of the games therein are as well.

Wait, you're just not getting around to HL? What in the actual fuck, Cal. HL and HL2 are top 50 games of all time. The latter probably a top 25.

yes, I know. But I've been really busy. lol. Haven't played many games for a while, everything went went

wrong with the big garden.... etc etc etc.

My old half life crashed, wouldn't run. I deleted it, and bought another one at a garage sale, it won't even

install. ah well, have Windows 10 now. Have to go buy a new state of the art game... I really liked

the old "Far Cry" games...

I had steam once, on Win xp, it screwed up stuff - and I deleted it. May have been tainted ...

This winter I'll be playing some good game. I don't do the demon stuff, but If I can crawl

though a jungle, or dense woods, and take out the enemies.. oh, I'm a video game sniper zealot. Sneaking up

on zombies seems so stupid. Like sneaking up on a rock... not fun.

nazis, terrorists... they fear me.

Have tons of work to do on the farm, taking part of today off, close to time to start frequenting

our woods to watch for anybody poaching. and, I'm going squirrel hunting for the first time.

Finally got the squirrel population back up. Back in the day, poachers pretty much wiped them out.

yes, I know. But I've been really busy. lol. Haven't played many games for a while, everything went went

wrong with the big garden.... etc etc etc.

My old half life crashed, wouldn't run. I deleted it, and bought another one at a garage sale, it won't even

install. ah well, have Windows 10 now. Have to go buy a new state of the art game... I really liked

the old "Far Cry" games...

Cal...you're worried about the government overstepping their bounds and the nsa spying on you...and you have windows 10...which blatantly logs all your keystrokes and sends out data...demonstably...oh the fuckin' irony.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-violates-your-privacy-by-default-heres-how-you-can-protect-yourself/SdCnM.gif

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services."

That's directly from the windows privacy policy

Top five games of all time: go.

Games or franchises? I never really played things like Bioshock, Fallout, HalfLife, or the MW versions of CoD (an M1 and a couple of grenades is way more fun). For me I will basically buy and play any new game in these franchises - Total War, Diablo, Football Manager (soccer...), Elder Scrolls, probably a couple more I can't think of. Of those, I'd pick Medieval 2, Diablo 2, you don't care about FM, and obviously Skyrim.

Going back a bit, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, Zelda on N64.

I don't do a lot on PS (never owned an XBox), and what I do is mostly single screen multiplayer games like Little Big Planet and Rayman.

Oh, and you've obviously got Mario Kart on the Wii.

I've got:

Resident evil 4

The Elder scrolls: skyrim

Final fantasy 7 (tough call for me between 6 and 7)

The legend of Zelda: a link to the past

Super Mario world

All these games have massive replay value.

Some runners up:

Bioshock (1 and infinite. You're missing out chris)

Mass effect 1-3

Grand theft auto: San andreas

Red dead redemption

Other games I still love and play through the magic of emulation:

Super punch out

Mortal kombat 2

Tony hawk pro skater 2

Wwf smackdown

Street fighter 2

Super castlevania 4

These games are still fun but I'm more of an adventure

/rpg guy so action games can never make my mount Rushmore

Idk about the best games of all time, but the ones I've had the most fun playing:

Half-Life everything (+Counter Strike)

Metal gear solid series

Goldeneye N64

GTA San Andreas

Super mario world, but pretty much every mario game is great.

--

I've played a lot of oblivion awhile back, and I played a small amount of skyrim. Never really had interest in zelda for some reason.

All those huge lengthy open games like fallout/skyrim I just can't get into because I don't have time to sit around and play for hours at a time which I feel is kinda necessary. I haven't even finished MGSV yet, been working on it for like 6 months at pretty much one mission here and there. And I just don't really play video games much - especially in summer time.

I don't get a lot of time for video games, particularly real-time ones, compared to when I was single. It's a cliche, but true. Turn based things like the total war series get a lot more traction as a result, compared to skyrim, for example.

Fellas i've got three kids 5 and under. After 10pm is my time so I can play video games. I'm in the midst of replaying skyrim for the 3rd time and it never gets stale. The humongous open world assures you'll never do the same thing the same way twice. Unlike a metal gear or a mario bros or even gta you have complete freedom. I'll spend hours just literally decorating my house in skyrim and not consider it wasted time.

Skyrim is brilliant for that. And never mind even the different classes to give you different ways of doing things. I'll sometimes be in the middle of a bandit cave raid and just sit and read about dwarven mining techniques or whatever.

I guess not everyone has the sort of imagination that would be stimulated by such a game. There's always call of duty "bro".

Chris I'm surprised you've not tried fallout 3, New Vegas, or 4. They play exactly like elder scrolls but with its own distinct and equally as rich world and lore.

If you've not played mass effect I highly recommend. It's pretty fantastic especially if you like rpg hybrids.

Archived