THE BROWNS BOARD

Gipson not at voluntary workouts

gftChris

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgsAn?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=cleveland-browns

Most players are there, but Gipson's not joining up just yet. A story or a nothing?

"...Gipson, who's not technically under contract and has made it known he wasn't thrilled to receive the second-round tender, is opting to work out at home instead of joining the rest of his teammates at the Browns facility in Berea"

Im sure they'll make it a story, but he's not under contract so Id think it would be normal practice not to be there.....(and it would probably be strongly advised by his agent NOT to risk injury or workout until he's signed)......

Im sure they'll make it a story, but he's not under contract so Id think it would be normal practice not to be there.....(and it would probably be strongly advised by his agent NOT to risk injury or workout until he's signed)......

Its kind of hard to get hurt at voluntary sessions. I'd be pissed if I were a fan. They offered him a tender and he's getting huffy puffy about it. He's on a mini hold out.

Its kind of hard to get hurt at voluntary sessions. I'd be pissed if I were a fan. They offered him a tender and he's getting huffy puffy about it. He's on a mini hold out.

I am not sure what he expected the team to do. Didn't they have to do that to keep his rights? Did he want them to renegotiate for a long term deal at this point? Isn't that why he has an agent? He can tell his agent to start talks on a long term deal. He has to bear some responsibility for his own situation, no?

I am not sure what he expected the team to do. Didn't they have to do that to keep his rights? Did he want them to renegotiate for a long term deal at this point? Isn't that why he has an agent? He can tell his agent to start talks on a long term deal. He has to bear some responsibility for his own situation, no?

Yea, he received a tender because the team wants him to stay but the first round tender pays more so I'm guessing he's pissed. He's solid for you guys but I don't know that he's worth a first round tender, not yet at least. He should be at voluntary.

it's called contract negotiations. plain and simple.

you give a star what they want or they pout and do things like this. ask darrel revis the king of contract negotiators and holding out and pissing of a fanbase.

Antonio Brown is apparently doing the same thing. He is underpaid but he has three years remaining and he's not underpaid by much. I expect him to be a steeler for the long haul but the steelers play hard ball with this stuff. Its going to.be interesting.

Gipson honored a cheap rookie contract and delivered great play at a bargain price. Now he feels he should be paid.

Had it not been for the ACL, I think he would have been paid... and handsomely. But the ACL did happen so now we're hedging... and that is understandable as well. But I do not expect Gip to appreciate that perspective.

As soon as he shows his knee is sound and he is ready to pick back up where he left off, then I think a deal gets done and he's a happy Brown again.

Antonio Brown is apparently doing the same thing. He is underpaid but he has three years remaining and he's not underpaid by much. I expect him to be a steeler for the long haul but the steelers play hard ball with this stuff. Its going to.be interesting.

Mike Wallace walked away.....why wouldn't this guy?

Its kind of hard to get hurt at voluntary sessions......... He's on a mini hold out......

??...as opposed to involuntary sessions?.....Totally disagree.....one bad cut on that recently repaired knee and it could over....

He's on a mini holdout?.....Thats ridiculous.....he's a freaking FREE AGENT and the signing period is still open doofus....what free agent EVER works out and plays for a team they aren't even signed too....doh

Figured this was going to get messy. Do not remember Mack missing voluntary on Jags offer sheet? I thought Farmer did the player right on a 2nd round tender to get his agents phone to ring on more offers on a sheet than a 1st round tender would have? The Cap space just got smaller as of Today and got no idea what the fair market value would be on a 1 year wonder like Gibson regardless possible knee issue...

I had a feeling too that they should have tendered him for a first round pick that would mean another million. He wasn't happy about the money and the Browns need to sign this guy. They had the cap space to tender him for a first round. They better not lose this guy by being cheap.

Figured this was going to get messy. Do not remember Mack missing voluntary on Jags offer sheet?

I dont see it being messy at all.......just standard, everyday contract stuff......and, yes, Mack sat out the first mini camp because he wasn't signed(no one thought that was odd tho).....

Bottom line is there is nothing for them to talk about....the contract is there "on the table" and he has one more week to find a better one....no need for him to sign today, just in case someone calls......

They better not lose this guy by being cheap.

How will they lose him?.....the Browns have extended a contract to him and he's declined to sign so he can shop around. Not one team has made an offer....and if they do, we can match.....and if he doesnt get an offer by Thursday, he's ours......

The Browns are the driver here, not Gipson......

??...as opposed to involuntary sessions?.....Totally disagree.....one bad cut on that recently repaired knee and it could over....

He's on a mini holdout?.....Thats ridiculous.....he's a freaking FREE AGENT and the signing period is still open doofus....what free agent EVER works out and plays for a team they aren't even signed too....doh

He's a restricted free agent isn't he? He was offered a second round tender. He's trying to get more money from the Browns. Doooooofus.

Mike Wallace walked away.....why wouldn't this guy?

Mike Wallace walked away? He was out of contract and we didn't offer him a contract like Miami. Brown is UNDER contract for another three years there is a pretty big damn difference. Smh.

Mike Wallace walked away? He was out of contract and we didn't offer him a contract like Miami. Brown is UNDER contract for another three years there is a pretty big damn difference. Smh.

Well, your quote here made it sound like he would be with the Steelers out of love of the organization or city:

So, then the "long haul" is simply the length of his monetary deal.....not his loyalty to queen and country.

Well, your quote here made it sound like he would be with the Steelers out of love of the organization or city:

So, then the "long haul" is simply the length of his monetary deal.....not his loyalty to queen and country.

. I anticipate when the time comes brown is going to get the contract he wants and it will be from the steelers. He's not next up. Guys like heyward and beachum are and the steelers don't bend on this stuff.

It's too bad that Joe Haden's younger brother Jordan Haden decided not to go to the NFL but instead join the family business after suffering multiple injuries. If he was anything like Joe we could have snagged him up and haden ourselves a secondary. lol. For real though, that sucks he quit.

He's a restricted free agent isn't he? He was offered a second round tender. He's trying to get more money from the Browns. Doooooofus.

Yes, he is....which means he doesn't attend a practice with a team that he's not even signed to.....ever hear of the CBA?.....

Free Agents shop for contracts. It's what they ALL do.....and they dont play(or practice for free).....

Your guy signed a contract and now doesn't want to honor it. He wants more than he agreed to and is now threatening to sit out or break the deal.....

This is NOTHING like what our guy is doing.....he honored his contract.....did what he agreed to do.....and now, without sitting out or withholding services, he is using his rights as a FA to check other opportunities....

So....if any fans should be "pissed"(as you say)....Id think the best target is Antonio Brown for not honoring his agreement to the Steelers and their fans....

Yes, he is....which means he doesn't attend a practice with a team that he's not even signed to.....ever hear of the CBA?.....

Free Agents shop for contracts. It's what they ALL do.....and they dont play(or practice for free).....

Your guy signed a contract and now doesn't want to honor it. He wants more than he agreed to and is now threatening to sit out or break the deal.....

This is NOTHING like what our guy is doing.....he honored his contract.....did what he agreed to do.....and now, without sitting out or withholding services, he is using his rights as a FA to check other opportunities....

So....if any fans should be "pissed"(as you say)....Id think the best target is Antonio Brown for not honoring his agreement to the Steelers and their fans....

I know it's not the same. I'm also less than pleased with Brown BUT he can't break his contract. He can sit out three whole seasons and then a 4th if they decide to franchise him. He's not going to do that and he's always going to realize the steelers don't work the way he thinks they do. He's getting bad advice that's for sure.

Typical vag.....

Contradict yourself much?

Playing hard ball for more money. Neither have a fucking leg to stand on but both are displaying displeasure with their contracts. Its the same fucking thing dumb ass.

Antonio Brown is apparently doing the same thing.

I know it's not the same. I'm also less than pleased with Brown

Its the same fucking thing.........dumb ass.

round and round we go....

but hey...calling me a dumb ass really adds to your argument.....way to go vag!....u da man

round and round we go....

but hey...calling me a dumb ass really adds to your argument.....way to go vag!....u da man

Its not hard. Gipson is restricted but hasn't signed his tender because he wants more money. Brown isn't at ota's because only 20% of his contract is guaranteed and he's one of the best in the league. Although brown has tweeted a few times since all the brewhaha that he can't wait to be with his teammates but he's spending time with his newborn. Either way the unrestricted/three years left on the deal isn't the same and that's what I indicated but the end game is....is that really that difficult to follow? Need it spelled out more?

Its not hard. Gipson is restricted but hasn't signed his tender because he wants more money. Brown isn't at ota's because only 20% of his contract is guaranteed and he's one of the best in the league. Although brown has tweeted a few times since all the brewhaha that he can't wait to be with his teammates but he's spending time with his newborn. Either way the unrestricted/three years left on the deal isn't the same and that's what I indicated but the end game is....is that really that difficult to follow? Need it spelled out more?

So let me get this straight.

You're saying it's the... same?

Archived