THE BROWNS BOARD

Question From Out Of Town Guest

schinz

Hello all, I am an out of town guest from Baltimore who will be bringing his daughter, father and brother to the Brown's game against the Ravens on Dec. 4th. I have never been to your stadium and was wondering if there is a place we could get there early and sit down and have an early lunch? I am asking on here because I am wondering whether, if we are wearing our Raven's uniforms, we will be welcome at all in any of the eating palces you may have in the stadium? Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

Rick

Hello all, I am an out of town guest from Baltimore who will be bringing his daughter, father and brother to the Brown's game against the Ravens on Dec. 4th. I have never been to your stadium and was wondering if there is a place we could get there early and sit down and have an early lunch? I am asking on here because I am wondering whether, if we are wearing our Raven's uniforms, we will be welcome at all in any of the eating palces you may have in the stadium? Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

Rick

Two options:

1. I am sure you would be welcome to the Browns Board tailgate party...though I don't know if you would have a place to sit. Check the Forum for that on this site. I am sure you may get your share of friendly repartee, but it would all be in a spirit of sportsmanship. As long as you don't bring Art Modell with you, that is. This time of year however, it might start getting pretty cold and we do tailgate outside.

2. If you really want a nice sit down place inside where its warm, I personally would suggest doing the Brunch at the Hard Rock Cafe inside Tower City. I have done it a time or two and it is outstanding. You certainly won't have any problem getting in or being bothered. And it is a short walk to the stadium.

Others here may have other suggestions that I am not aware of.

If you want a place inside the stadium, I am sure someone can make a suggestion or check out the Browns official website. You may have to have club seats to use the stadium restaurants.

Rick

You'll be fine around town and in the eateries. Unfortunately, you'll require some thick skin while in line at the Stadium.

Two options:

1. I am sure you would be welcome to the Browns Board tailgate party...though I don't know if you would have a place to sit. Check the Forum for that on this site. I am sure you may get your share of friendly repartee, but it would all be in a spirit of sportsmanship. As long as you don't bring Art Modell with you, that is. This time of year however, it might start getting pretty cold and we do tailgate outside.

2. If you really want a nice sit down place inside where its warm, I personally would suggest doing the Brunch at the Hard Rock Cafe inside Tower City. I have done it a time or two and it is outstanding. You certainly won't have any problem getting in or being bothered. And it is a short walk to the stadium.

Others here may have other suggestions that I am not aware of.

If you want a place inside the stadium, I am sure someone can make a suggestion or check out the Browns official website. You may have to have club seats to use the stadium restaurants.

Hey .. thanks a lot!!! I will look up that brunch....walking distance to the stadium and the Hard rock sound great!!!

Rick

Dude this isn't Philly. Yea we hate your team, but no one is going to mess with you, maybe some razzing. Especially if you have your kid with you. Clevelanders are a loud drunk bunch, but some of the most respectful fans out there. There are a bunch of good lunch place near the stadium. Just do a search and you'll be fine. I like Paninis.

Hey .. thanks a lot!!! I will look up that brunch....walking distance to the stadium and the Hard rock sound great!!!

I just checked and the tailgate is off, but the Hard Rock is a good option. I suggest you would get better food at a better price than in the stadium.

Dude this isn't Philly. Yea we hate your team, but no one is going to mess with you, maybe some razzing. Especially if you have your kid with you. Clevelanders are a loud drunk bunch, but some of the most respectful fans out there. There are a bunch of good lunch place near the stadium. Just do a search and you'll be fine. I like Paninis.

I didn't mena to imply anything negative. To be honest, this is the first live game I have ever been to and simply have no idea how things work, etc. It is exciting and I appreciate your response. Good luck this weekend...I know we will need it!!!

I didn't mena to imply anything negative. To be honest, this is the first live game I have ever been to and simply have no idea how things work, etc. It is exciting and I appreciate your response. Good luck this weekend...I know we will need it!!!

Not that it bothers me, but how can that team of yours kick the Steelers ass twice, yet choke it against the Jags and the Seahawks. Hell, even the Browns beat the Seahawks.

Rock the Dawg Pound! Pre-Game Football Brunch

Cleveland v. Baltimore

When:

Dec 4 2011 @ 9:00 AM

Venue:

Cleveland

Cost:

$19.95 per adult $9.95 for children 10 and under + tax

All are welcomeDescription:

Join us at the Cleveland Hard Rock Cafe before every Cleveland home game for the Best Dawg Gone Tailgate Party in Town!

Fill up on an awesome all you can eat homemade Brunch Buffet, while you get all of the latest football stats LIVE from ESPN 850- WKNR's interactive pregame show.

Hard Rock Cafe will have Prize giveaways & a Free Party Bus Shuttle to drop you off near stadium stompin' grounds and back!

Parking at Tower City Center?

Bring your parking ticket in to the cafe: we can validate it for a discounted rate.

$15 minimum spend needed. Valet is also available for $3 on Huron Road!!

Telephone:

Cafe:

+1-216-830-7625

Fax:

+1+216-830-0093

Address:

Hard Rock Cafe Cleveland

230 West Huron Road

Cleveland, OH 44113

No worries man. Didn't mean anything by it as well. Have fun.

Not that it bothers me, but how can that team of yours kick the Steelers ass twice, yet choke it against the Jags and the Seahawks. Hell, even the Browns beat the Seahawks.

LOL...yes, you obviously have some idea how embarrasing it is for us Raven fans to have that happen. If it stays on cycle we should beat Cincy this weekend, beat the 49rs Thanksgiving and lose to you all the 4th!!

LOL...yes, you obviously have some idea how embarrasing it is for us Raven fans to have that happen. If it stays on cycle we should beat Cincy this weekend, beat the 49rs Thanksgiving and lose to you all the 4th!!

I think it will be the Browns who decide the division title. Here is their schedule:

Sunday

Nov 20

01:00 Jaguars @ BrownsCleveland Browns Stadium

Nov 27

01:00 Bengals @ BengalsPaul Brown Stadium

Dec 04

01:00 Ravens @ BrownsCleveland Browns Stadium

Dec 08

08:20 Steelers @ SteelersHeinz Field

Dec 18

01:15 Cardinals @ CardinalsUniversity Of Phoenix Stadium

Dec 24

01:00 @ Ravens M&T Bank Stadium

Jan 01

01:00 pmSteelers @ BrownsCleveland Browns Stadium

2 games each against Rats and Squibs. 1 vs. Puddytats Whoever chokes it vs. the Browns (and I think someone will) will go down

Rick

I apologize for some of these Browns fans who said to wear layers, Rick.

The dirty, stinkin, cheapshottin, lice harboring ratbirds?

Everybody will be wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.... bring plenty of suntan lotion and your flip-flops.............:rolleyes:

I have read weather can be pretty brutal there in December....Anyone have any dressing tips for weather in your stadium?

Early December CAN be brutal, but not usually. Besides football, I do a lot of cold weather cycling so here's your basic tips. Always the first thing to go is your feet. Warm socks and some insulated boots (Sorel) help keep the toes warm. You lose a lot of heat through your head, so wear a stocking cap. And a tip from the Arctic- wind kills. You actually can be toasty at 20 below with no wind. Crank up a 40 mph blizzard at that temperature, and you're in trouble. It took me a few years to figure it out, but windproof clothing can change your comfort level by at least 10, if not 15 degrees.

Rick

I apologize for some of these Browns fans who said to wear layers, Rick.

The dirty, stinkin, cheapshottin, lice harboring ratbirds?

Everybody will be wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.... bring plenty of suntan lotion and your flip-flops.............:rolleyes:

I thought they might be messing with me!!! B) B)

Early December CAN be brutal, but not usually. Besides football, I do a lot of cold weather cycling so here's your basic tips. Always the first thing to go is your feet. Warm socks and some insulated boots (Sorel) help keep the toes warm. You lose a lot of heat through your head, so wear a stocking cap. And a tip from the Arctic- wind kills. You actually can be toasty at 20 below with no wind. Crank up a 40 mph blizzard at that temperature, and you're in trouble. It took me a few years to figure it out, but windproof clothing can change your comfort level by at least 10, if not 15 degrees.

Thanks for the tip....I will focus on head, feet and windproofing!!

Rick

There are "those guys" in every stadium (except maybe Green Bay where those folks are SO hospitable). Just ignore the yahoos and all will be fine although I do recall a young Jets fan getting tackled by a couple of shit-faced Browns fans.

But the way the Ravens season is going, Browns fans should be happy. The Ravens look like bird dung on the road v. sub .500 teams.

I don't know why? Just come a little later and stay a little longer. I am sure they will accomodate you. Watch a bit of the early games before heading to the stadium.

I just assumed the buffet would be over...what time does the brunch buffet go to? Good idea though...we can all root against Pittsburgh together!!!

I've been there several times in my Steeler gear with no problems. The only out of towners I have ever seen treated poorly have usually asked for it! There are a few good places to eat near the stadium. I usually try to stop in at Fat Fish Blue. Good food and entertainment!!!

http://www.fatfishblue.com/about.html

Archived