THE BROWNS BOARD

Tebow To The Jets

You want over 50% completion percentage? Colt McCoy has a career 58.4% completion rate. He's also 6-15. He's won less games in his career than Tebow did last season.

You know who else runs a spread? Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers. Drew Brees. All of those offenses are hybrid Erhardt-Perkins/ Spread offenses. But I guess NFL defenses with figure out their whole "spread" schtick too. And before you get all high on your horse, I am not comparing Tebow to any of those QB's. I'm simply listing QB's who are known for operating in a spread-style offense.

You tell me. They were 1-4 under Orton, with the same defense and same personnel. He obviously did something, whether or not you'd like to admit it.

At no point did I ever claim Tebow to be a franchise QB. But he wins games. You cannot deny that. He makes those around him play better.

I also never said anything about him being left handed, that's just you trying to pick something out of thin air to argue about, like a woman. I suppose this is all because I forgot to take out the trash last week, right?

The point is, he's a big name guy who has a winning record in the NFL, who the media loves and the fans love. He would have been great for a "new Cleveland" angle and would have put fans in the stands. Which, in turn, would have peaked interest from FA's and would have made it easier to negotiate. Then all of you whiny bitches would have less to complain about in the offseason, because more people want to play with Tebow than want to play with Colt McCoy. He is the complete antithesis of a locker room cancer; New York only got him to improve their locker room image. He would have brought media attention to Cleveland for reasons other than us sucking ass year in and out. To top it all off, he was dirt cheap. How this move doesn't make sense is beyond me.

Yeah I see Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers etc running the majority of the time. Those offensives may have elements of the spread in them, but they are PASS heavy offensives. Denver isn't. Its based off the QB running. Why? Because he can't freakin throw a football. Tebow does have intangibles I agree with that but he doesn't have the ability to be a good NFL QB. Who cares if he brings buzz to Cleveland. Also I don't think Cleveland is doing bad with putting butts in the seats either. And 58% is bad for an NFL QB, I threw that figure out there because if Tebow could be a "bad" QB he might be dangerous. An NFL QB should be at least at 60% or higher. Do not take this as an argument for McCoy I think he needs to go, but Tebow isn't the answer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atleast Tebow would make it look like we have some balls to make moves. And anyone who is against taking a gamble and trading LATE round picks for Tebow doesn't want the Browns move forward with playmakers.

Actually I disagree with this statement. I believe there are many people here who would love the Browns to takes risk, i.e, trading for Griffin. I was one of those who advocated us doing that. And the FO did try but ultimately failed in that endeavor. However, we have seen enough of Tebow that acquiring him to the the starter would cause us to vastly over haul the offense. This isnt going to happen. He also cannot throw a football based on what he has done last yr. This would be a gamble where the odds heavily favor this being a flop that its not worth the risk. I hope the FO does go after playmakers in this draft. I would love to see the first 4 picks be on the offensive side of the ball. I would rather gamble with the draft than with Tebow.

Yeah I see Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers etc running the majority of the time. Those offensives may have elements of the spread in them, but they are PASS heavy offensives. Denver isn't. Its based off the QB running. Why? Because he can't freakin throw a football. Tebow does have intangibles I agree with that but he doesn't have the ability to be a good NFL QB. Who cares if he brings buzz to Cleveland. Also I don't think Cleveland is doing bad with putting butts in the seats either. And 58% is bad for an NFL QB, I threw that figure out there because if Tebow could be a "bad" QB he might be dangerous. An NFL QB should be at least at 60% or higher. Do not take this as an argument for McCoy I think he needs to go, but Tebow isn't the answer.

The Spread is a PASS heavy offense, dipshit. It's intended to "spread" the defense horizontally with multiple receiver sets, which then in turns opens running lanes inside, but it is no longer a run based offense.

The Spread Option is a run first offense, and that is what the Broncos ran.

Everybody cares if he brings a buzz to Cleveland. Bringing a buzz to Cleveland is what will bring other free agents to Cleveland. Bringing other Free Agents to Cleveland is going to help bring wins to Cleveland. I don't feel we need to rely on the FA market at all but if we ever want to get into the postseason, much less make it to a Super Bowl, we're going to have to bring in at least one playmaker.

And Tim Tebow is the biggest playmaker there is in the NFL right now. No doubt about it.

Actually I disagree with this statement. I believe there are many people here who would love the Browns to takes risk, i.e, trading for Griffin. I was one of those who advocated us doing that. And the FO did try but ultimately failed in that endeavor. However, we have seen enough of Tebow that acquiring him to the the starter would cause us to vastly over haul the offense. This isnt going to happen. He also cannot throw a football based on what he has done last yr. This would be a gamble where the odds heavily favor this being a flop that its not worth the risk. I hope the FO does go after playmakers in this draft. I would love to see the first 4 picks be on the offensive side of the ball. I would rather gamble with the draft than with Tebow.

Who said anything about him being the starter?

And Tim Tebow is the biggest playmaker there is in the NFL right now. No doubt about it.

Okay, you lost me there.

The Broncos changed their entire offense for Tebow, Cleveland would never do that.

It takes him longer to wind up and release than it does for our guys to run their 5 yard outs.

Here's a picture for you bud, does Tebow "pull out" in your fantasies?

TimTebow_04.jpg

Who said anything about him being the starter?

Exactly. I never said to bring him in as a starter and he quoted my post. I specifically said he wouldn't fill a need at QB, but would fill a huge hole as a playmaker.

The great thing about Tebow is you don't have to just pigeon hole him in as a QB. Sure he would prefer to play QB, but he isn't just a QB. We could line him up as a RB/FR/TE and of course we can also use him as a QB. Just because he isn't a "good QB" doesn't mean he isn't a good football player.

He would add a dimension to our offense that we do not have right now and that is that he could make plays. We need him and for the cost of late round bull shit picks I see no reason not to make a push for him. It is a low risk high reward situation. If nothing else it might create some hype around the team and make Cleveland look like a better destination for players.

The biggest thing with Tebow if he came here is if Shurmer would adjust his playcalling accordingly. Tebow/Cribbs running wilddawg would be sick. 2 guys who were college QBs and can run the ball. It would be really fun to watch.

Look I like Tebow and think the guys a winner, but the fact of the matter is he would fizzle out and die in Cleveland. The reason he had so much success in Denver is because the offense was literally made for him. Hell John Fox even admitted that if the offense wasn't tailored made for him there's no way he would be winning. It's obvious Shurmer and the gang are going to stick with the crap we put together last year and not change it for new personnel. There's no way in hell Tebow would be effective in it, that's just the truth.

Lmao....never imagined couch as a tebow shill....

I'm not a Tebow "shill", whatever that may mean. I just believe that he would have been a good addition. He makes plays, something that Colt McCoy rarely, if ever, does. He was cheap. He's young. People can shit on his throwing motion and his mechanics but he still won.

According to all reports, he's a fantastic teammate and a huge locker room and sideline inspiration, which is something we most definitely need.

I'm tired of watching "so and so" make very mediocre plays to either eek out a win or go down in flames. I can't legitimately recall the last time I was excited over something a Browns player did on the field, excluding Peyton Hillis's season two years ago.

His only knocks are things that are coachable, which doesn't happen very often in players that come that cheap. Honestly, I see no downside to acquiring him. No 4th round pick would have had as much of an impact, and we wouldn't be replacing Colt McCoy. This is the move that winning teams make, and it's further proof that Holmgren is just collecting a check and hooking his buddies up with jobs.

As stated here a few times, PATHETIC that this team and the savior GM from wonderland can't get in the running for ANYTHING worthwhile. The Brownns are never mentioned when an opportunity arises. For all who think Tebow is a waste or bust, you are wrong. This kid has a tremendous work ethic and does what he needs to do to win and learn to get better. Question is, who in the NY Jets organization is going to do squat with him ? The Jets can't get their hands around anything worthwhile. Sanchez is the first ray of light they've seen in years and they will burn him out before Tebow ever gets a run at anything. Ryan is loud mouth ass that is great in a media run town. Tebow and he have absolutely nothing in common. I sincerely hope Tebow is on the block again soon and somebody who has a plan does something with this talented kid. Jacksonville, shame on you, you drug your ass AGAIN and will wind up with a half empty, half covered stadium all season long again. But, I'll give you this, at least you get to hear your team mentioned in the media and as a contender for some change. This Cleveland organization, and Holmgren, are a complete farce. Has ANYTHING worthwhile been done in free agency with this half ass team in the last 3 or 4 years, other than Hillis ?

As stated here a few times, PATHETIC that this team and the savior GM from wonderland can't get in the running for ANYTHING worthwhile. The Brownns are never mentioned when an opportunity arises. For all who think Tebow is a waste or bust, you are wrong. This kid has a tremendous work ethic and does what he needs to do to win and learn to get better. Question is, who in the NY Jets organization is going to do squat with him ? The Jets can't get their hands around anything worthwhile. Sanchez is the first ray of light they've seen in years and they will burn him out before Tebow ever gets a run at anything. Ryan is loud mouth ass that is great in a media run town. Tebow and he have absolutely nothing in common. I sincerely hope Tebow is on the block again soon and somebody who has a plan does something with this talented kid. Jacksonville, shame on you, you drug your ass AGAIN and will wind up with a half empty, half covered stadium all season long again. But, I'll give you this, at least you get to hear your team mentioned in the media and as a contender for some change. This Cleveland organization, and Holmgren, are a complete farce. Has ANYTHING worthwhile been done in free agency with this half ass team in the last 3 or 4 years, other than Hillis ?

How do these things not describe Colt. He puts in more work than anyone on the team, literally puts his body and healthy on the line to just try and win a game, and he has done everything he can to get better. Shit we have what you are saying you want. Pathetic pieces of shit like you are what make this franchise smell like shit.

If it only took a 4th rounder H&H blew it again. What would it hurt to have a him on the browns.

I agree. Like him or not, the guy is a winner and gets the other players around him trying harder.

Sanchez will start out as the main guy and Tebow will get his fair share of wildcats etc, but by mid season Tebow will be playing 80% of the snaps.

For a voided trade the NY media is very excited... and the deal is very done.

you will find that when I post about football, and eliminate all the sidebar bullshit, I am pretty much to the point.

We as fans like to get worked up about teh guys we think we should have taken, but, the bashing gets tiring, even for me.

I just want the team to win. WTF do any of us know about running an NFL franchise?

It's a style I could get used to...

The Jet's are not going to start Tebow over Sanchez, and most likely will use Tebow as a backup and special situation QB.

I don't know that there is really a place for him permanently and why the Jets took him is a bit baffling. Why the Browns weren't anywhere in the foray makes you think back to the article just posted about RG3 not wanting to play in Cleveland.

Perhaps the reason Holmgren and Heckert cant land i major FA talent is hidden under the rug in teh form of " Nobody wants to wind up in Cleveland.

Agree he won't start the season starting, but I place the O/U at week 7. Last year showed the Jets are nowhere near as good as FatBoy keeps claiming they are. Still have the draft to go and Landry was a nice add at Safety, but on balance the FA period has produced little for them.

Could be H&H... could be Shurmur... could be we are still in talks with some FA's.

How do these things not describe Colt. He puts in more work than anyone on the team, literally puts his body and healthy on the line to just try and win a game, and he has done everything he can to get better. Shit we have what you are saying you want. Pathetic pieces of shit like you are what make this franchise smell like shit.

Colt's put a lot of time and effort into it...and has nothing to show for it. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, that's the way it is. He's shown no progression, at times he's actually regressed.

Just like Tebow.

So if we're going to put up with that, let's at least have a guy who manages to win at the helm.

Colt's put a lot of time and effort into it...and has nothing to show for it.

but not really man, you can hate on the dude. everybody wants everyone to be all-pro from the getgo. but all those things lined up in front of colt mccoy last year(no train camp, new HC/OC system, no running game, no receivers and a right side of the OL that couldn't block a kitty kat from it's box. besides being like physically 70% last year.

let's pleez not do anything unrational this early in the signing/draft session.believe me. if they fuck this up somehow .....somebody's gotta pay. and i'm talkin holmgren.

Colt's put a lot of time and effort into it...and has nothing to show for it. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, that's the way it is. He's shown no progression, at times he's actually regressed.

Much of that I put on the shoulders of Pat Shurmur and the offense he runs. Not all, but much.

Just like Tebow.

So if we're going to put up with that, let's at least have a guy who manages to win at the helm.

How is colt a game manager, yet tebow just wins games?

Yes...u are a shill. Pimping a qb that can't throw a fucking football because he just wins.

Lmao...alrighty then.

Do you have anything that disproves my point? Tebow had more wins last season than Colt has in his career.

That's all there is to it. You can say "alrighty then" all you want...because what I said is true and you have no comeback other than "dude can't throw a football".

One guy wins, the other guy hasn't won shit. Case closed.

Just like Tebow.

As compared to how Tebow ran a system completely designed around him and not all the different from what he ran at Flordia while Colt ran a system he had literally just learned with less play makers. Tebow had the odds more in his favor than Colt and managed to just barely win games while Colt had more against him and barely managed to lose them. If Denvers defense was just slightly worse we would all be talking about how Tebow CAN'T find a way to win.

I'm not giving a ringing endorsement for Colt, I'm just saying we would not have gotten any kind of upgrade by trading for Tebow.

ok...so tebow has a better record as a starter than mccoy. i also agree that mccoy sucks...so im not so sure being better than crap is good either. thats great and all....tho now the onus is on you to disprove my point. how is tebow anything more than a game manager...cause quite frankly, you got nothing other than "he just wins".

he did not win by throwing the football....he won by running a specially designed gimmick offense predicated on running the football, utilizing college football principles. he cant run a pro offense, he cant read defenses, he cant deliver a football on time accurately...like our system demands. not to mention that he's left handed, which mitigates our best lineman.

stop being a fool. your telling me you think the gimmick that is tebow can sustain this run? didn't he lose 4 of his last 5? cause it seemed like he lost steam as more film became available. if you seriously think that professional DC's cannot figure out how to stop a run-first QB that doesn't possess the ability to throw a football, youre out to lunch. the only people that think tebow is a starting NFL QB are fans.

youre only leg to stand on is that he's won some games....yet he won those games in part due to outstanding defense that kept the scores low enough that tebow could win them. yes, he most likely inspired the good play....but its certainly not like the guy went out and won those games as real QB's do.

"he just wins"....lmao. hell, even DA strung together a few games. i do find this funny actually....you trying to simplify an extremely complicated situation because there's nothing to suggest, other than his W-L record, to suggest he can succeed at QB. not a god damn thing. case closed? hardly...if you think all this is no comeback, then fire up your internets and make a case other than "he just wins".....cause thats a hell of alot more foolish that "he cant throw a football".

colts situation is so different from tebows, its hard to compare. tebow got a special offense designed for him....colt has been thru 2 different systems, one of which is rigid and forced him to conform. ie, one was catered to, one was not. lost in the shuffle here is that colt is smart enough to learn a real system...tebow....well....

so please...i can go on all day. you have anything besides continued luck and divine intervention? magic and hope dont return shit in real life.

As compared to how Tebow ran a system completely designed around him and not all the different from what he ran at Flordia while Colt ran a system he had literally just learned with less play makers. Tebow had the odds more in his favor than Colt and managed to just barely win games while Colt had more against him and barely managed to lose them. If Denvers defense was just slightly worse we would all be talking about how Tebow CAN'T find a way to win.

I'm not giving a ringing endorsement for Colt, I'm just saying we would not have gotten any kind of upgrade by trading for Tebow.

Denver did have a better defense and a better running game than the Browns...and played in a much weaker division (that is why Manning chose to go there). Just saying.

ok...so tebow has a better record as a starter than mccoy. i also agree that mccoy sucks...so im not so sure being better than crap is good either. thats great and all....tho now the onus is on you to disprove my point. how is tebow anything more than a game manager...cause quite frankly, you got nothing other than "he just wins".

he did not win by throwing the football....he won by running a specially designed gimmick offense predicated on running the football, utilizing college football principles. he cant run a pro offense, he cant read defenses, he cant deliver a football on time accurately...like our system demands. not to mention that he's left handed, which mitigates our best lineman.

stop being a fool. your telling me you think the gimmick that is tebow can sustain this run? didn't he lose 4 of his last 5? cause it seemed like he lost steam as more film became available. if you seriously think that professional DC's cannot figure out how to stop a run-first QB that doesn't possess the ability to throw a football, youre out to lunch. the only people that think tebow is a starting NFL QB are fans.

youre only leg to stand on is that he's won some games....yet he won those games in part due to outstanding defense that kept the scores low enough that tebow could win them. yes, he most likely inspired the good play....but its certainly not like the guy went out and won those games as real QB's do.

"he just wins"....lmao. hell, even DA strung together a few games. i do find this funny actually....you trying to simplify an extremely complicated situation because there's nothing to suggest, other than his W-L record, to suggest he can succeed at QB. not a god damn thing. case closed? hardly...if you think all this is no comeback, then fire up your internets and make a case other than "he just wins".....cause thats a hell of alot more foolish that "he cant throw a football".

colts situation is so different from tebows, its hard to compare. tebow got a special offense designed for him....colt has been thru 2 different systems, one of which is rigid and forced him to conform. ie, one was catered to, one was not. lost in the shuffle here is that colt is smart enough to learn a real system...tebow....well....

so please...i can go on all day. you have anything besides continued luck and divine intervention? magic and hope dont return shit in real life.

When did I ever disagree that he can't throw the football?

What im saying is that Tebow and McCoy have very similar stats (excluding yardage but McCoy also had twice as many attempts). Neither is far and above better than the other, yet one of them has more wins in one year than the other has in his career.

Chalk it up to whatever you want but Orton had the exact same team and went 1-4. People said the option wasn't going to work in the NFL, but it clearly did. How would it hurt to bring in Tebow to run what he did in Denver occasionally? I realize we're committed to the WCO, and that's why keeping Colt at least makes a little sense. Make whatever jokes about Childress' simple offense but he has run a couple trick plays in his day. Adding Tebow has absolutely 0 negative effects, other than his contract being on the books.

For a fourth and a sixth round pick? Even if Tebow only got a couple touchdowns, it's likely more than those picks would have gotten.

you didn't hear? tebow had it in his contract clause that he won't play for a team whose stadium sits on the river of hades.

fuck that douche. the abuse that this kid is going to take in ny will see to it that he fades away into the shadows like the antichrist is said to do.

boo hoo.

you didn't hear? tebow had it in his contract clause that he won't play for a team whose stadium sits on the river of hades.

fuck that douche. the abuse that this kid is going to take in ny will see to it that he fades away into the shadows like the antichrist is said to do.

boo hoo.

Shitting on somebody because of their religion is the height of immaturity and ignorance.

Shitting on somebody because of their religion is the height of immaturity and ignorance.

then don't say i'll burn in hell if i don't believe in his specific religion as he has said many times before.

that is pretty ignorant in my eyes.

religion has been at the forefront of every war committed on this earth.

what do you go down to the local creek and dance around with rattlesnakes and believe when they bite you that it's a sign from god?

Archived