THE BROWNS BOARD

The State of Michigan has banned Tesla cars to be sold there!

WalterWhite

Selling a Tesla direct in Michigan is now illegal.

What a piece of shit state with rules and government that turned Flint and Detroit into smoking balls of shit.

AND WOODY, YOU BEING AN ENGINEER AND SCIENCE GUY should be on the Tesla side of this.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2014/10/21/snyder-tesla-direct-sales/17663891/

Pretty sure Woody's on Tesla's side of this. I know I am. It's ridiculous - hasn't this already been overturned in New Jersey and other places? Seems like they're going to have to chase every state through the courts.

Weird. I don't know what to think. Anti-competitive?

Or simply requiring that these new cars have a service

dept responsible for procuring and stocking repair parts,

as well as experienced service people?

Otherwise? Cars get sold directly, and have no place to

go, for warranty covered, as well as out of warranty, work to

be performed to repair cars, and honor recalls?

I don't know...

Consumer protection? Tesla can simply open up dealerships

there, problem solved?

Yeah, that's it Cal, the Michigan government is really concerned about the little guy's ability to replace a part. Nothing to do with Tesla being another nail in the coffin for GM and Ford, not at all.

(even I know detroit is in michigan)

Then how the hell does it protect government motors, and Ford, since Tesla can simply

open up all sorts of Teslar dealerships, and sell Tesla cars out the waZooo, if people want

to buy them?

What, protect Detroit car moguls for six months?

come on, think about that.

on the other hand the left is usually anti business anti imports pro union etc etc. You guys hate Walmart because they sell Chinese goods (like every fucking body else) and bitch when the American auto industry tries to hamstring imports.

I say let Ford rip off the design and start cranking them out.

WSS

on the other hand the left is usually anti business anti imports pro union etc etc. You guys hate Walmart because they sell Chinese goods (like every fucking body else) and bitch when the American auto industry tries to hamstring imports.

I say let Ford rip off the design and start cranking them out.

WSS

Rip off the design? Tesla has made the design open source in the *hope* that other companies take it and improve on it.

A lot of the opposition to Tesla has also come from the Dealership unions who do not like the direct-to-consumer model for obvious reasons. I'm 200% Tesla supporter and hate the opposition they keep facing. Fortunately my state is Telsa-friendly. I see them on the road here almost every day.

This is the car I'm waiting for from Tesla and it's going to be a big nail in the big oil/big auto coffin:

A Look At Tesla's Cheapest Car, The Model 3
The Huffington Post | By Alexander C. Kaufman
Posted: 07/16/2014 1:25 pm EDT Updated: 07/18/2014 10:59 am EDT

Tesla's much-anticipated somewhat affordable electric car will be called the Model 3.

The electric carmaker hopes to start selling the smaller, cheaper offering by early 2017, CEO Elon Musk said in an interview published late Tuesday night by British car magazine Auto Express.

The car will cost around $35,000, about half as much as its top-rated Model S, making the car about as expensive as lower-end Lexus sedans, mid-range Hondas and the Chevrolet Volt.

"I can confirm that the next vehicle Tesla will produce after Model X will be a mass-market electric car known as Model 3," Liz Jarvis-Shean, a Tesla spokesman, told The Huffington Post Wednesday. "We don’t have any more details to share at this point."

Auto Express provided HuffPost with mock-up renderings of the car, which Musk said would be unveiled in 2016:

o-TESLA-MODEL-3-570.jpg?6

Known for months as the Model E, it became fodder for salacious headlines as the car would have finished off an erotic acronym alongside models S and X. In June, Ford sued Tesla to prevent it from using the name.

“I thought this is crazy, Ford’s trying to kill sex,” Musk said. “So we’ll have to think of another name.”

But the company wiggled "SEX" back into the picture.

“The new model is going to be called the Model 3,” he added, "We’ll have three bars to represent it and it'll be S III X!”

o-TESLA-MODEL-3-570.jpg?6

The Model 3 will be Tesla’s third generation battery-powered electric car. During a meeting last March with the California Public Utilities Commission, Musk revealed that the car and its battery would be 20 percent smaller and could go 200 miles on a single charge. He said it would be half the price of the $71,000 Model S.

“In order to achieve that, you better reduce the cost of the battery,” Musk is seen saying in a video that surfaced on YouTube of the meeting. “Since the car is 20 percent smaller, you’ve got to get a 50 percent reduction.”

Tesla’s “gigafactory” should help to cut costs. By 2020, the company expects the battery assembly plant to produce more lithium-ion packs in a year than were created in the entire world last year.

But the car could still get stuck in the Silicon Valley company’s pipeline traffic jam.

It’s behind the already-delayed Model X, an SUV-crossover, which will go into production next year, a Tesla executive told HuffPost last month. Buyers have already paid about up to $5,000 to reserve the cars.

“We don’t like to carry inventory,” Diarmuid O’Connell, Tesla's vice president of business development, told HuffPost at the time. “We’ll be delivering as soon as we produce.”

Until then, the Model 3 -- which was supposed to debut in 2015 -- is a back-burner priority.

"Our focus continues to be on Model S and preparing for the introduction of Model X," Jarvis-Shean said.

Well, I guess I don't need to post. I've already been told what I think...

Steve even responded with "you guys...". No idea who he was referring to, but apparently some of us here think the things he posted.

Huh

If you didn't think that why would you react in such a manner? If I said those fucking Steeler fans you wouldn't take offense with you?

WSS

And I think I specifically said the left. That didn't touch a nerve with you did it?

WSS

You said the left. Then you continued your thought the next sentence with "you guys" blah blah blah. You were referring to some group here. I'm annoyed I'm just called "the left". I have some left leaning views sure (which are really more common sense in my mind, and which you share my views on a lot of them) but I don't consider myself the left. I don't affiliate directly with any side or party. I'm not the liberal version of Cal. I don't share the same blanket views on everything.

It's not so much the idea of being a liberal (I have liberal ideas) its the insinuation that I only have those ideas and only think that way. It's the insinuation I'm just the liberal versions of others on here. It's he continuing of what I've said I'm not multiple times.

Get it?

Ahh.....then its my 'leftist' self. Whatever you say boss.

it's nobody in particular. Its anyone who bitches about Walmart or anybody who's a big Union guy, or wants higher tarrifs and protectionism, or an environmentalist.... All sorts of issues all sorts of people.

(It's not always all about Woody )

WSS

it's nobody in particular. Its anyone who bitches about Walmart or anybody who's a big Union guy, or wants higher tarrifs and protectionism, or an environmentalist.... All sorts of issues all sorts of people.

(It's not always all about Woody )

WSS

So because I (or anyone in general) have spoken negatively about Walmart, we are obviously left leaning scumbags, who supports unions, hug trees, want higher taxes, antibusiness etc. etc. ?

That would be quite a stretch and a lazy assumption. Walmart have a special place in your heart?

I find all kinds of folks who don't like walmart for different reasons. Next time I'll update them on their political identity and see how that goes.

Well good for you.

So how about you give me your conservative reasons for disliking Walmart. If you do a Google search for why the left hates Walmart you will get quite a few hits. If you have other reasons let me know.

(and keep in mind bud that you can shop wherever pleases you.)

WSS

Archived