THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is the Best Bet To Make Playoffs?

TexasAg1969

My vote. OU. They have zero competition and only have to beat Baylor at home. Big Dumpster Fire (Big 12) has no playoff, so OU walks in untested and unharmed.

Texas under Strong?-well we see how that's going already. 41-7 loss to BYU @ Asstin. I feel their pain. LOL. :P

I would say Oregon. They don't play USC this year. They already beat MSU and they play Stanford at home. If they win at UCLA they have a great chance

I don't think Florida State has much real competition in the ACC, so they are likely again. Oregon for the reasons noted above.

Whomever comes out of the SEC.....and yes, I agree, Oklahoma.

But if Notre Dame continues to dominate like they did over Michigan, they too could break through.

Looks like USC or Oregon for one spot; Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, or Auburn for a second spot; Florida State doesn't have much competetion for a spot...

Dark horses are Baylor, Texas A&M, and Auburn

My picks now are: Florida State, Alabama, Oregon, Georgia

Looks like USC or Oregon for one spot; Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, or Auburn for a second spot; Florida State doesn't have much competetion for a spot...

Dark horses are Baylor, Texas A&M, and Auburn

My picks now are: Florida State, Alabama, Oregon, Georgia

Unless two SEC teams go into the SEC title game undefeated, and you have 1 undefeated SEC team, and a one loss SEC team, that conference will get only one spot. Your scenario excludes any team from both the Big Ten and the Big Twelve. I do not believe that will happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Well this just got interesting... Hard to predict, but here are my 4... projecting of course:

1 - Baylor - I think they finish undefeated and easily win the Big 12

2 - Alabama - I think they win the rest of their games. They have the most favorable schedule left in the SEC, and if Ole Miss continues to win it will only help their case

3 - Florida State - They just have to get past Notre Dame, which I don't think will be a problem

4 - Mississippi State - They'll finish with 1 loss at Alabama, and will not have to play in the SEC championship game. They will sneak in as the 4th team because it's pretty obvious this year the SEC deserves 2 teams in this playoff

Other contenders:

Notre Dame - if they beat FSU

Georiga Tech - if they run the table and beat FSU in the ACC Championship

Michigan State or Ohio State - Whoever wins that matchup, but it will take some other teams to lose

Arizona - if they win the Pac-12

TCU - if they can win this week at Baylor

Ole Miss, Auburn, or Texas A&M - If they can get through their brutal schedules and win some games on the road

Well this just got interesting... Hard to predict, but here are my 4... projecting of course: (update 10-12-14)

1 - Baylor - I think they finish undefeated and not so easily win the Big 12

2 - Alabama - I think they win the rest of their games. They have the most favorable schedule left in the SEC, and if Ole Miss continues to win it will only help their case

2 - Florida State - They just have to get past Notre Dame, which I don't think will be a problem

3 - Mississippi State - They look like the best team in the county after the last 3 weeks

4 - Ole Miss - their defense is for real. Can they and Miss St get into the playoff even though they face off the last week of the regular season? I think so...

Other contenders:

Notre Dame - if they beat FSU

Georiga Tech - if they run the table and beat FSU in the ACC Championship

Michigan State or Ohio State - Whoever wins that matchup, but it will take some other teams to lose

Arizona - if they win the Pac-12

TCU - if they can win this week at Baylor

Auburn, or Texas A&M - If they can get through their brutal schedules and win some games on the road (@ ole miss, @ alabama, @ georiga... not looking good)

Kentucky or Georiga - if they can win the SEC... it's possible

Alabama - tough road to get there

Oregon - There has to be a Pac 12 team on this list, right?

Oklahoma State - but they have a brutal schedule ahead, but their only loss this year was to #1 so maybe they get in

The eyeball test. They have possibly the top 3 or 4 teams in the country, in my opinion

Eyeball test? That means nothing.

Or media/ESPN bias, and a preseason poll designed to benefit the SEC? When every SEC team starts high, obviously they will continue to have highly ranked teams.

I take all of the SEC chest pounding with a grain of salt. Many, many things more influential than team quality have caused this current "SEC dynasty"

Why is it doomed to fail? I mean, there are what if's with any option, but at least the top 4 teams getting a shot is better than the top 2

Simple, You end up with 5 undefeated teams and only 4 slots.......what do you? How about 6 undefeated teams and 4 slots available?

Why is it doomed to fail? I mean, there are what if's with any option, but at least the top 4 teams getting a shot is better than the top 2

Simple, You end up with 5 undefeated teams and only 4 slots.......what do you? How about 6 undefeated teams and 4 slots available?

4 spots is better than 2....

I can make a CERTAIN statement

That school up north has NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO chance of playing in this 4 team or 8 team or even an 16 team playoff............. anytime soon.

Meatchicken, is DONE as far as national titles goes in football.

They only have a chance with a 64 team field. in basketball

I'm pretty sure the last time the so-called "legacy" won a "true" national title in football was in the 1940's

yaaaa.... ok. This clearly isn't going anywhere. .... OSU fans and logic seem to be mortal enemies...

OSU runs the table, they will be in the top 4

Eyeball test? That means nothing.

Actually, under this new system, it probably will mean a lot. Officially, there is no computer ranking or polling that applies to who is being chosen for the playoff. It is only the personal opinion of the 13 members....and here is a link to that committeee:

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee

Or media/ESPN bias, and a preseason poll designed to benefit the SEC? When every SEC team starts high, obviously they will continue to have highly ranked teams.

I take all of the SEC chest pounding with a grain of salt. Many, many things more influential than team quality have caused this current "SEC dynasty"

HGH

16 would be too many extra game and go too late into the year. These are still college students. I know the FCS does it, but I think there'd be a lot of pushback.

So? Its OK for too many extra games that go too late into the year for kids playing for like Martha Washington U or Albert Einstein U.....but the Big boys, the semi-professionals can't hack it?

(OK, Mount Union and Wisconsin-Whitewater.....who have met in 8 of the past 9 D-III championship games)

There will be more push back at larger programs because they have more exposure.

It is the semi-pros in FBS that should play more games. They are essentially paid with scholarships to do just that (among other compensation). It is the ones at the smaller schools....the real students....who should be more protected.

Archived