THE BROWNS BOARD

browns board logo for hats…anyone?

miktoxic

(if there is some standard set for visual design based on what you have already with this website and you feel like this is imposing on it, please feel free to delete this thread).

so i'm trying my best to make it to the annual tailgate this year…but my little hobby after retirement biz is actually turning a (big) profit so…..

one year i gave back by doing some tees. this year i'd like to do some hats. embroidery and all. i know there are some people here that are more gifted than i am when it comes to creating visual art. i want to get some ideas and drafts from people like TCPO and roycerolls. i think ithaka is a graphic artist as well.

anyone privy to design software let's do a design contest and come up with a 'double B' entwined type logo that would look good on a ball cap. this is all between us and wouldn't be used for anything else of course if the mods here wanted to use it officially.

let's get the creative juices flowing….

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds awesome! I can't help with design, and won't be at the game but I would like one. I'll pay for it and shipping fees with Paypal. Let me know.............

Sounds awesome! I can't help with design, and won't be at the game but I would like one. I'll pay for it and shipping fees with Paypal. Let me know.............

well i'm going to donate it to the board so whatever they feel to do afterwards is up to them….

(but i'll put one aside for you if we get the final OK)

well i'm going to donate it to the board so whatever they feel to do afterwards is up to them….

(but i'll put one aside for you if we get the final OK)

You da man B)

I don't have a creative bone in my body, but would love to buy a Browns Board hat. You don't have anymore of those tees from last year do you Mik?

2011 and i'm wearing the shit out of mine. i got giant fans wearing them here.

You mean like this?

yes chris, like that.

this is where we pick it apart tho, so let's understand these are up for criticism and let no one get their feelings hurt (sorta like in the real world of design :) )……..

yeah, myself i like the intertwined letters look of like a baseball logo on the front of a ball cap. with the design you attached however i don't like the typeface. we'll take a look at both serif and sans serif fonts with different color fills and strokes to compliment the color of the hat. after looking at what's available on sale now i might be leaning towards a beanie and color options aren't specifically browns colors. i really like this one here tho:

204glz.jpg

it's made by champion so it's got their 'C' logo on it (side). no other color choices for this hat are appropriate as they are basically other team's color schemes or really off like carolina blue and navy etc. i can get a plain brown or orange ball cap for about the same price but it's not the quality of the champion beanie and i figure it's freakin cleveland ohio and it's cold as a witches's tit there in winter time so the beanie would prob be more practical, besides i like not sticking to the norm as far as color is concerned. as long as we're not sporting something with black or gold or something so profoundly another team's color scheme i say let's do that. it'd be a one of a kind original that you couldn't find anywhere else. and i wear beanies all the time over my shaved dome so i know a good one and this one for the price i can get it for now is pretty insane.

so if i was to get THAT beanie a dark brown wouldn't show up very well on the olive background unless it had a heavy stroke of white. let's throw some stuff together given that pic of the beanie and see what we look like after a couple of rounds of nitpicking :P .

man what i'm coming up with looks like doodie. i might just stick with a one letter B (orange with white stroke). unless you guys can come up with something. then maybe just write out thebrownsboard on the back. embroidered on a beanie it'd just have to be the B as the small lettering would get lost in the fabric.

we'll see.

You mean like this?

bbsportsclub.jpg

This is too reminiscent of the Boston Red Sox logo....which would not go over. This is the once upon a time proposed helmet logo from the early 60s. Perhaps some modified version of this could work. BB instead of CB...or CBB (Cleveland Browns Board). Just a suggestion.:

120px-Cleveland_Browns_Temporary_Helmet_

Other internet images I have found for the Browns.....some official some not. Just for ideas:

cleveland_browns_01-01.jpgtheone2.png8pXqrf8.png

like the one top left but who knows who did it and what type of copyright is attached.

Nice commercial's on this letter search. Focus on Double B's. I get it and their getting hotter but undecided at time.

like the one top left but who knows who did it and what type of copyright is attached.

The top left one was part of a redesign by Gridiron Labs, I believe. I stumbled across it a year or so ago and reached out to them on Twitter. I thought a lot of their work was great.

I was working on something very similar to what they did with the intertwined CB, actually.

http://gridironlabs.com/cleveland-browns/

EDIT: Didn't see Gip's post.

Fedora-Orange1.jpg

Hail Fedora. White Brim, Orange Top, BrownsBoard.com on ribbon and BB emblem on back or side or sides? Front out due to shape?

Archived