THE BROWNS BOARD

And another Effing Thing

The Gipper

As long as I am on a rant about the draft being delayed so as to cause us to become stir crazy.....

WHERE is the Fucking Schedule? That motherfucker is usually out long before now....but these yutzes in the NFL offices are now delaying another important matter to the fans.

Did the whole goddamn league office take off and go to Hawaii....or Antarctica for a whole month? It sure seems like no one is home there minding the store.

i was thinking about trying a 2 week and 1 1/2 day binge but i might either get banned from here leaving drunk and stoopid comments (really?) or put myself in a coma.......

i'm thinking either way it's worth it.

Maybe Mark Cuban was right when he said the NFL is over exposing itself.

Road trip to Carolina or Atlanta for me this year for an away game.

tell us about your binge materials, mik

alcohol, more alcohol and some sleeping aids (ambien, percs, maybe even some watsons with a little puff on the trees here and there) wake up and drink more alcohol.........

not going to do it though as i have a couple of major projects inthe works between now and then. when i land the jobs and everything is done and no one has to rely on me........nighty night.

Ambien is one nasty drug. Couple three years ago I took 20 mg as a sleep aid. Anyhow, I awoke to find that I had fallen on my kitchen table and stumbled into a closet sliding door..destroying both beyond repair. Of course I didn't remember anything. Never again.

Ambien is one nasty drug. Couple three years ago I took 20 mg as a sleep aid. Anyhow, I awoke to find that I had fallen on my kitchen table and stumbled into a closet sliding door..destroying both beyond repair. Of course I didn't remember anything. Never again.

i can't take it with drinking as it doesn't affect me the way it is supposed to. it actually gives me a type of sleep walking high. i'll stay up all freakin night in like another world. even got in my jeep like 5 years ago after taking one and drinking on my way to another town in the middle of the nite to cop whatever and ended up blowing a tire on the on ramp of a parkway. pulled over, didn't have a jack so i decided to try and roll up on a high curb off kilter to try and change my tire in an old abandoned dead end off ramp area. a county cop pulled in seeing what i was doing and he looked dead at me (i was fucked up.....not drunk) and he wished me a merry xmas while i called a tow truck. that little sleep walking/driving incident cost me around 3 bills.

On a related note, and it's probably too early, before the draft, but the teams we're scheduled to play this season:

@Falcons

Ravens

@Ravens

@Bills

@Panthers

Bengals

@Bengals

Texans

Colts

@Jaguars

Saints

Raiders

Steelers

@Steelers

Bucs

@Titans

Honestly, we're probably not going to beat the Saints, at Baltimore, at Cincinatti, the Falcons should be back on top again next year, and the Panthers have really toughened up on D. That's five down, eleven winnable games left. Anyone want to bet we'll win all 11?

What's a reasonable target for next year - 8-8? 9-7? Winning divisional home games, along with Oakland, @Jags, Bucs, @Bills, @Titans, and then depending on how the draft pans out, the texans and colts could be winnable games at home, and the steelers away is potentially winnable if things go well.

the schedule is already released?

oh i get it. we knew who we were playing just not when and at what time. that will be released tonight @8pm.

Exactly. I just started looking at the teams we're playing and started projecting.

yeah man. wish this shit would start already.

here in the states if you're an avid football freak like i know we all are on here, there is this lull between seasons that makes us all a little stir crazy. i mean there's hockey playoffs now (zzzzzzz) basketball playoffs (ugh) and the baseball season basically just getting underway. so unless you like baseball (fun to go to the game, boring as hell to watch on tv) that's all we have to satisfy our sports jones.

and anything football we crave, so when they knocked the draft back like they did we have a couple of extra weeks of looney mock drafts and indecipherable blabber coming from the frothing mouths of otherwise astute human beings posted on this forum.

yikes.

yeah man. wish this shit would start already.

here in the states if you're an avid football freak like i know we all are on here, there is this lull between seasons that makes us all a little stir crazy. i mean there's hockey playoffs now (zzzzzzz) basketball playoffs (ugh) and the baseball season basically just getting underway. so unless you like baseball (fun to go to the game, boring as hell to watch on tv) that's all we have to satisfy our sports jones.

and anything football we crave, so when they knocked the draft back like they did we have a couple of extra weeks of looney mock drafts and indecipherable blabber coming from the frothing mouths of otherwise astute human beings posted on this forum.

yikes.

Yeah that must suck. For us soccer fans it's nowhere near that bad. Season starts in August, ends in May, and every other year there's an international tournament June-July. You should give it a try sometime ;)

But oh my god, the number of mock drafts is really grating. I'm all in to it, even during the regular season, but even I have had so many crammed down my throat I'm numb to it now. We have a lot of options at #4, and that determines a lot of other things, so the mock drafts are pointless. I even got to the point where I didn't care whether Mack re-signed or not.

Yeah that must suck. For us soccer fans it's nowhere near that bad. Season starts in August, ends in May, and every other year there's an international tournament June-July. You should give it a try sometime ;)

But oh my god, the number of mock drafts is really grating. I'm all in to it, even during the regular season, but even I have had so many crammed down my throat I'm numb to it now. We have a lot of options at #4, and that determines a lot of other things, so the mock drafts are pointless. I even got to the point where I didn't care whether Mack re-signed or not.

Starting in August and ending in May? That is ridiculous. I guess the problem over there is that soccer is the only sport apparently anyone gives a flying fadoodle about (thanks to Joe Theismann for that term).

Here we do have baseball, basketball, hockey....sports that have gravitas.

There, correct me if I am wrong, but every other sport besides soccer is essentially give the attention of a minor league sport, no?

Rugby, cricket.

I remember about 10 years ago when I went to a family reunion in Ireland about the only sports I heard anyone talking about were soccer and snooker.....yep snooker.

On a related note, and it's probably too early, before the draft, but the teams we're scheduled to play this season:

@Falcons

Ravens

@Ravens

@Bills

@Panthers

Bengals

@Bengals

Texans

Colts

@Jaguars

Saints

Raiders

Steelers

@Steelers

Bucs

@Titans

Honestly, we're probably not going to beat the Saints, at Baltimore, at Cincinatti, the Falcons should be back on top again next year, and the Panthers have really toughened up on D. That's five down, eleven winnable games left. Anyone want to bet we'll win all 11?

What's a reasonable target for next year - 8-8? 9-7? Winning divisional home games, along with Oakland, @Jags, Bucs, @Bills, @Titans, and then depending on how the draft pans out, the texans and colts could be winnable games at home, and the steelers away is potentially winnable if things go well.

Let me be the first to use the tired phrase "too soon to tell," but anyway...

Protect the home field, something we haven't done in ages (except 2007). Win at least 6 home games, especially all 3 division games.

Split on the road at the very least, and the Browns are 10-6. A pipe dream? Maybe, but the NFL is unpredictable always (we finish 5-11 and beat the crap out of the Saints & Patriots a few years ago).

Starting in August and ending in May? That is ridiculous. I guess the problem over there is that soccer is the only sport apparently anyone gives a flying fadoodle about (thanks to Joe Theismann for that term).

Here we do have baseball, basketball, hockey....sports that have gravitas.

There, correct me if I am wrong, but every other sport besides soccer is essentially give the attention of a minor league sport, no?

Rugby, cricket.

I remember about 10 years ago when I went to a family reunion in Ireland about the only sports I heard anyone talking about were soccer and snooker.....yep snooker.

Soccer, rugby, soccer, cricket, soccer, tennis, soccer and more soccer. Absolutely, soccer dominates here, and pretty much everywhere. Whether you like the sport or not, you have to admire the way they've spread the sport and made it in to the money making machine it is today.

the reason soccer is such a universal game is you can always kick something around without having any other equipment or structure (bats, gloves, hoops).

i mean the nigerian team probably learned as kids by kicking dead babies around.

Archived