THE BROWNS BOARD

Pick Of The Litter ...We Are On The Clock

darren15

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/all-time-draft#pick=1

NFL Network are running a mock draft with a difference ..... you can choose any retired player in the draft....no current NFL players..... as if you were adding them based on what they did as a pro

So far picked

Texans - John Elway

Rams - Jim Brown

Jags - Lawrence Taylor

We need a QB do we take a Marino, Montana, Aikmen ,Young or Tim Couch now or wait until 26 .....if it was me I would go for a weapon opposite Josh Gordon and take Jerry Rice ..... :)

Otto Graham

I think this is stupid, but only because they are not following their own rules. Their rules state, that the draft would only take into account college production. Marino fell because he had a terrible senior season. That is why he fell to the back of the 1st round. Imagine if that happened this day and age. He would be a 3rd round pick or later. They obviously took into account his stellar NFL career which goes against their own rules.

Let's take the greatest franchise never to win a SB and give them the greatest QB never to win a SB and watch them live in misery together. Thanks for that, NFL Network

Zombo

I think this is stupid, but only because they are not following their own rules. Their rules state, that the draft would only take into account college production. Marino fell because he had a terrible senior season. That is why he fell to the back of the 1st round. Imagine if that happened this day and age. He would be a 3rd round pick or later. They obviously took into account his stellar NFL career which goes against their own rules.

ive heard Tom Savage mentioned as a possible first rounder.....does college production even matter?

ive heard Tom Savage mentioned as a possible first rounder.....does college production even matter?

Nope, not anymore.

Tom Savage is bad, anyone saying that should be fired.

I won't agree that he is bad, but I will agree that he isn't worth anything higher than a 3rd round pick. He is an unknown. Probably has one of the lowest floors in the draft of any QB, but has one of the top ceilings. Still not worth wasting a high pick when you know you can get production out of someone at another position.

i guess the nfl network got so bored with this years pre-draft talk (because there is so much of it) that they had to come up with something else to waste time with.

And that is OK with me. It is just a bit of fun and games. But, I agree, this is just one kid's opinion. I would not have taken Marino over Montana or Graham...or perhaps even over Peyton.

Archived