THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Carson closing in on Trump in Iowa

calfoxwc

What was Herman Cain pulling as far as the black vote is concerned? Sure, there were people that voted for Obama just because he was black, and people who didn't just because he was black. And like I said, something similar will happen with Hillary and women.

The only thing going for Carson and his ability to get votes that wouldn't already be his is the fact that he's black. So you're banking on a ton of black people voting for him just because of race, and then not losing votes because of his race. Other than that, he seems too far right in some of his views, and I think thr negative campaigning against him would be pretty rough (though I guess that could be said about almost any candidate)

Blacks voted for Obama because he was black and liberal. I think many of them see conservative black people who stand up for personal responsibility and stuff like that as traitors.

Unfortunate but that's how it goes.

Alan Keyes had a similar problem.

WSS

I was just teasing you because you said that you really admire him. We know Cal! LOL Blowe

Ah. Crap. Went right over my head. I deserve a Peanut "neeeeeeooooom" LOL

I'm looking for the pendulum to swing back the other direction.

Carter-Reagan-Clinton-Bush-Obamao

It's just a thing with the swing, see?

America is really, really tired of the left, and just as tired

of the phoney "right", which is really nowwhere left or right,

most obviously, like McConnel and Boehner, two listless

cowards who are just rino's playing the political game.

Someone genuine this time - with wisdom, very principled,

with the courage to stand up to the wrong directions we are going in,

and DO things about it, without being a loudmouth joke of a jackass.

Like Trump. And the other nutjob who I can't even remember his name.

My best examples of what I'm saying, is Carson. And Bobby Jindal.

Not as much in Kasich, but he's real, and principled. But a real president

who will bring us together, instead of divide us into splinters of a nation.

I really really don't believe that anyone didn't vote for Obama because he was black. Anybody that would never vote for a black man would probably never vote for a liberal Democrat either.

One of the most racist blue-collar Union guys I know summed it up this way: " I'd vote for that fucking N***** before I vote for that cocksucker Bush."

But beyond that I think many conservatives are inspired by black people you don't seem to hate the white man.

WSS

The Conservative candidate got almost no black votes. Like normal.

So people totally only voted for Obama because he was black, and it mattered. But no one didn't vote for Obama because he was black. And if they did it really didn't matter anyway.

Again, it seems like you're trying to have it both ways.

The Conservative candidate got almost no black votes. Like normal.

So people totally only voted for Obama because he was black, and it mattered. But no one didn't vote for Obama because he was black. And if they did it really didn't matter anyway.

Again, it seems like you're trying to have it both ways.

Nobody said that, did they Woody?

Basically Dr Carsons race won't win him or lose him any votes. President Obama's race won him some votes and didn't lose him any. Is that any clearer?

Christians and people who are not hostile to Christianity probably won't care about the young earth issue.

Still there are a lot of Republican candidates with a lot of reasons that different people might prefer one over the other.

The Democrats have baggage too.

WSS

Dr. Carson is now tied with Trump, per a poll:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/31/significant-shake-up-ben-carson-ties-donald-trump-in-new-iowa-poll/

Y'all should read his book. He's impressive as a human being, and his wisdom - we need it.

Nobody said that, did they Woody?

Basically Dr Carsons race won't win him or lose him any votes. President Obama's race won him some votes and didn't lose him any. Is that any clearer?

Christians and people who are not hostile to Christianity probably won't care about the young earth issue.

Still there are a lot of Republican candidates with a lot of reasons that different people might prefer one over the other.

The Democrats have baggage too.

WSS

Steve you are a level headed guy but if you think that Carson won't get black voters to vote for him based on race you're crazy. That is the basic principal American use when voting "is this guy like me". Christians vote for morals, money votes for money, gender votes for gender and race votes for race. We are so far removed, as a culture, from voting for objective leadership it's laughable.

The bolded comment is complete insanity

Steve you are a level headed guy but if you think that Carson won't get black voters to vote for him based on race you're crazy. That is the basic principal American use when voting "is this guy like me". Christians vote for morals, money votes for money, gender votes for gender and race votes for race. We are so far removed, as a culture, from voting for objective leadership it's laughable.

Not true...............all blacks voted for Obama, but if they vote for Carson, it's because they know what they are doing

Nobody said ALL blacks.

But the large dependent subculture voted for obamao 98%.

Now, a lot of blacks realized the mistake they made.

It was voting for a corrupt, marxist, incompetent ass for pres because

he was black and pretended to be like a real American.

Oh I think I've stated my reasons for what I believe pretty clearly. Blacks vote Democrat and came out in force for Obama because he was one of them. Early in his political career he got his ass handed to him in Chicago by a candidate who seemed blacker . That's why he double down on the community organizing and joined the Reverend Wright Church . Now there might be some people who are very liberal and could also not bring themselves to vote for a black man but that just doesn't ring true. Philosophically I would think there is more room in the Republican Party and the conservative movement for black people who have traditionally been very liberal and to an extent anti-white. There aren't that many conservative blacks out there and those that are usually get called Uncle Tom by the establishment.

I have not seen figures in Iowa suggesting that the black community has jumped ship to support ben Carson, have you?

PS I liked chris Christie's performance on Fox Sunday morning.

WSS

Also if I were Republican leadership I wouldn't count too much on a Cuban pulling the Mexican vote because of a shared language.

WSS

Yeah I don't think they realize that language isn't a common bond amongst Hispanic and latino people. My buddy's mother in law is from Argentina and she thinks Mexicans and Cubans are "trash people".

Archived