THE BROWNS BOARD

Virginia Assembly

Legacy Fan

Nobody's comparing 2 flags.

I'm pointing out that the notion a flag is responsible for murder is absurd.

Maybe I'm expecting too much?

Oh so you were not trying to compare the situations in SC and Virgina? Where there was an out cry over the confederate flag. My bad guess I read to much into your original statement. Flags are symbols, if people started using the Rainbow flag as a symbol of hate\aggression I could see an argument for removing it, kinda like you never see the swastika even though it has more uses than Nazism.

Ought to be hard at work seeking to ban the Rainbow Flag since the Roanoke shooter was gay.

I mean this *has* to happen, right?

Does the rainbow flag have the history that the confederate flag did? Was the rainbow flag institutionally flown over a group of oppressed and enslaved people? And I thought it was a cool flag and maybe we could just forget about the past and let it fly, but then i"m not black and live on streets in the south still named after some of the most utterly heinous human beings that walked this land. I would rather them have dropped some of the statues, streets and various other honoraries of some truly despicable human beings no matter the era...than drop the flag. Would have liked to see them take a mulligan on that flag and start over with it....but that wasn't my call and frankly my, or anyone else's opinion here, doesn't matter.

When the rainbow flag ever comes to symbolize oppression and enslavement i'll be all for it to be taken down.

I got it. Blaming a flag, even the confederate flag is stupid and pointless.

Side note I went to the erie county fair two weeks ago and the confederate flag was everywhere. The black people didn't seem all that offended.

and what would you have thought if they did seem offended?

Does the rainbow flag have the history that the confederate flag did? Was the rainbow flag institutionally flown over a group of oppressed and enslaved people? And I thought it was a cool flag and maybe we could just forget about the past and let it fly, but then i"m not black and live on streets in the south still named after some of the most utterly heinous human beings that walked this land. I would rather them have dropped some of the statues, streets and various other honoraries of some truly despicable human beings no matter the era...than drop the flag. Would have liked to see them take a mulligan on that flag and start over with it....but that wasn't my call and frankly my, or anyone else's opinion here, doesn't matter.

When the rainbow flag ever comes to symbolize oppression and enslavement i'll be all for it to be taken down.

So has been every flag around the world shithead.

WSS

Slavery was a poor institution but your characterization of southerners as some of the most heinous people that walked this earth is pretty naive and just plain out wrong. History is absolutely filled with much more atrocious ways of being than the South even during the height of slavery.

If your last statement were true dickhead, then you could call any flag flying today belonging to a nation that participated in slavery "a symbol of oppression", including the stars and stripes.

Go ahead, tell me I'm bad at reading comprehension again.

Slavery was a poor institution but your characterization of southerners as some of the most heinous people that walked this earth is pretty naive and just plain out wrong. History is absolutely filled with much more atrocious ways of being than the South even during the height of slavery.

"some" southerners cysko. Some of the people that still have streets named after them and statues erected of them in national parks are indeed some of the most contemptible people by any era's standards, that this country has put out.

"some" southerners cysko. Some of the people that still have streets named after them and statues erected of them in national parks are indeed some of the most contemptible people by any era's standards, that this country has put out.

Go drive down MLK Jr blvd in *every* town in the country, and it's a fucking war zone.

Who streets are named after don't mean a fucking thing, you stain.

Go drive down MLK Jr blvd in *every* town in the country, and it's a fucking war zone.

Who streets are named after don't mean a fucking thing, you stain.

So no one would utter a sentence over an "adolf hitler" blvd? Try putting that in NY on the upper east side and tell me what happen, you gay fuckhole fuckhole for gays.

"You know what's sad? Martin Luther King stood for non violence. And I don't care where you are in America, if you're on Martin Luther King Boulevard, there's some violence going down."

----Chris Rock

Later, Rock gives advice to anyone who finds themselves lost on an MLK-named street: “Run! Run! Run!”

Not taking sides on which flag offends which person---I really don't give a fuck.

I just think that Chris Rock is funny.

Archived