THE BROWNS BOARD

PSL's for sale

rich4eagle

Two PSL's for sale upper deck end zone section 349 row 14 seat 21-22 near aisle. Great sight lines of field with angle to provide depth perception. Send a note to rich4eagle@yahoo.com or call 703-309-2144. Tickets to last two games this year included. Seeking 450 per seat the best value in the stadium for seats with a great view of action.

I've been thinking of selling my 2 PSL's and tickets also. But I can't find ANYONE that wants them. I might be able to sell the tickets before the season starts, but NO ONE is going to buy the PSL.

When they stopped making people pay for the PSL, they basically made the PSL's that I own unsellable, and worthless

I've been thinking of selling my 2 PSL's and tickets also. But I can't find ANYONE that wants them. I might be able to sell the tickets before the season starts, but NO ONE is going to buy the PSL.

When they stopped making people pay for the PSL, they basically made the PSL's that I own unsellable, and worthless

If we continue to win 2-3 games a year they are pretty worthless unless you have some prime seats. If the team starts winning, your PSL's hold worth. I will hold mine through next season for sure. That will be 10 years of holding them. If I decide to then give them up, I am not worried about walking away if I can't sell them. That money was spent years ago. It's been gone a long time.

How do they hold worth when no one has to buy them anymore?

Someone can just go to the ticket office and buy season tickets without buying the PSL.

If the people next to me give up their 4 seats, whoever buys them next year won't have to buy the PSL's for those seats.

How do they hold worth when no one has to buy them anymore?

Someone can just go to the ticket office and buy season tickets without buying the PSL.

If the people next to me give up their 4 seats, whoever buys them next year won't have to buy the PSL's for those seats.

Here is how it works. Current PSL holders can upgrade their seats. They get priority over folks off the streets. If you go to the Browns, you get all the left over seats. If a person is looking to get a better seat, they first better look at PSL's for sale. For the most part, the best seats have been sold and are owned by you and me.

No doubt, it the team keeps losing, the fringe closes and maybe you can't sell your psl. It just depends on your seats.

I like my position. If someone wants club seats, in a lower priced section, they will have to come to me because they won't be open to the guy off the street. Same if someone doesn't want to bet they are high enough on the priority list. Some people have a change in life and want better and don't want to wait or play it to chance.

My seats are in section 149. The entire lower bowl are PSL seats. But if I give them up, the person that gets the chance to buy them, will not have to pay for the PSL.

Even if it's someone on a list to upgrade, they still won't have to buy the PSL from the Browns. The only way I can sell the PSL is if someone comes to ME and wants to buy them

I have had this discussion with my sales rep MORE THEN ONCE.

As soon as I give up my seats. the PSL no longer exists. NO matter who buys the seats.

• 3 weeks later...

My seats are in section 149. The entire lower bowl are PSL seats. But if I give them up, the person that gets the chance to buy them, will not have to pay for the PSL.

Even if it's someone on a list to upgrade, they still won't have to buy the PSL from the Browns. The only way I can sell the PSL is if someone comes to ME and wants to buy them

I have had this discussion with my sales rep MORE THEN ONCE.

As soon as I give up my seats. the PSL no longer exists. NO matter who buys the seats.

Yes BUT. Seniority does still exist. Anyone with a prime PSL isn't going to just walk away from it (unless they're nuts, flat broke, or dead with no heirs)- they're going to sell it- even at a discount if need be. We've tried for years to get 100 level seating between the 30s- with no luck. BTW, we're in 111.

And should someone walk away, those seats will go to the person with the highest seniority in that section, and next to the person with the highest seniority in another section wishing to improve. It would get REAL ugly if the Browns let someone off the street with zero seniority just waltz right in and pick up seats in say section 108 or 109. When PSLs were initially sold back in 1996, you needed at least 30 years of seniority just to have a shot at those sections- so it's probably around 45 years now. (I'm sure you're aware you can pass the seats down to your kids. + a lot of the really good seats are corporate owned.) :) As our rep put it- the better your seats, the lower the odds that you're going to be able to improve them.

I have 3 friends that had their PSL's and season tickets in section 347. 2 of them gave them up last year and the 3rd guy kept his.

The new people that sit next to him now did NOT have to buy the PSL for those seats.

And 1 of them was a new season ticket buyer. Right off the street. The other person came from a different section.

There are new people that sit next to me this year. I will ask them how they got their tickets

I have 3 friends that had their PSL's and season tickets in section 347. 2 of them gave them up last year and the 3rd guy kept his.

The new people that sit next to him now did NOT have to buy the PSL for those seats.

And 1 of them was a new season ticket buyer. Right off the street. The other person came from a different section.

There are new people that sit next to me this year. I will ask them how they got their tickets

Yes, I completely believe you. My nephew (sadly) bought in the last year PSLs were offered. The only 500 level PSLs that have any value now are probably the first 5 rows between the 20s. Upper end zone? Nope. There's a difference between great seats, and just getting in the building. Here's what you have to realize. 300 & 500 level PSLs are a totally different animal from 100 level between the 20s. Those seats get handed down in wills. Some of the current PSL holders in those sections are the grandkids of fans who followed the Browns from the beginning- 1946. FWIW, our current seniority sits at 34 years, mind if I ask how long you've held yours?

Way back the first couple of years before we improved down into the 100s, I asked a ticket broker if he was interested in getting my 500 level seats- he just laughed at me.

I got my tickets when they came back in 1999. So 17 years now.

I know some people have had their tickets for years and years. My boss has his dad's season tickets from the 1950's.

He sits in section 335 and his PSL's are also worthless. He can find people to buy individual games but he has never found anyone willing to buy the entire season. Let alone the PSL's

He feels obligated to keep buying them because his father is still alive, even though his father doesn't go to the games anymore, as he is in his 90's now

I got my tickets when they came back in 1999. So 17 years now.

I know some people have had their tickets for years and years. My boss has his dad's season tickets from the 1950's.

He sits in section 335 and his PSL's are also worthless. He can find people to buy individual games but he has never found anyone willing to buy the entire season. Let alone the PSL's

He feels obligated to keep buying them because his father is still alive, even though his father doesn't go to the games anymore, as he is in his 90's now

Then I'd say it's seat preference. Um, you miss my point? 1950s season ticket holder, son inherits. 335 is Club Level, ostensibly best seats in the house. So no one wants to buy in? Guys with $20K+ discretionary income aren't dying to waste it on an inferior product- when they can buy individual seats and save a ton of cash out front.

Right now every PSL holder is dealing with a distressed property. If you want to sell out at the bottom of the market- you're going to take a financial bath in the process.

Then I'd say it's seat preference. Um, you miss my point? 1950s season ticket holder, son inherits. 335 is Club Level, ostensibly best seats in the house. So no one wants to buy in? Guys with $20K+ discretionary income aren't dying to waste it on an inferior product- when they can buy individual seats and save a ton of cash out front.

Right now every PSL holder is dealing with a distressed property. If you want to sell out at the bottom of the market- you're going to take a financial bath in the process.

Like I said, the PSL is WORTHLESS.No matter if you have the best seats in the building.

If my friend decides to give up those seats, and they are the best seats in the house, he will not get anything for the PSL.

And the person who gets those seats won't have to buy the PSL either. They will most likely be upgrading to those seats, but they will only have to buy the tickets, NOT THE PSL.

If anyone pays for a PSL at this point, they are MORON'S

• 3 weeks later...

Not if they want a better seat. Most of those are held by PSL holders.

I do agree with Hoorta, the 300's are a different animal because I am not sure that section of seats has ever been a total sellout to PSL holders. I may not be able to sell, and you know what????I don't really care. I never went in to this looking at this as an investment.

I bought PSL in 534 from a seller, not the Browns, in row 19 because they were 50 yard seats. The Browns only had fringe seats. I upgraded my loaction at no extra PSL cost in to the Clubs 3 years ago.

Like I said, the PSL is WORTHLESS.No matter if you have the best seats in the building.

If my friend decides to give up those seats, and they are the best seats in the house, he will not get anything for the PSL. You're not listening.

And the person who gets those seats won't have to buy the PSL either. They will most likely be upgrading to those seats, but they will only have to buy the tickets, NOT THE PSL.

I'll agree with your last point- BUT. If you're a PSL holder in a prime seating location, and just walk away- YOU are the moron. It's only worthless in that scenario. You can negotiate a selling price for those rights to anyone. Currently, it's a buyers market- but it won't be that way forever. Even if someone should decide to walk away- the first dibs will ALWAYS go to PSL holders that want to upgrade, before they hit the street. Upper end zone and 500 level- true enough, have very little interest\value in upgrading, short of someone with a PSL wanting to move down from row 30 to row 5. So gee, why haven't the Browns asked me to upgrade in the last 5 years to in between the 30s? I'll answer that for you- because all the PSL holders in those sections aren't MORONS.

And if you're looking at it from an investment perspective instead of a fan's- you're way off base. I'm sure I could have made way more money than the $1,500 I shelled out for my PSLs in 1996 (not to mention my yearly tribute for season tickets) if I had just put the money in a nice conservative Mutual Fund.

• 5 weeks later...

I need help guys, an odd situation here.

My Uncle passed away recently. He has had 2 seats in 536 in the new stadium, and upper deck seats in the old one (50+ years as a season ticket holder). Obviously, he bought 2 PSLs back in 96 or so.

In his will, he didn't specify who was going to get the seats. He expressed the value of the PSLs only. My cousin and I have been going in his place to the games for over 12 years, my uncle just didn't want to go anymore to the games. We paid him for the tickets in full all the while.

So my question is now that he is deceased, his estate atty is demanding I buy the PSLs. Is this correct? I already filled out a PSL transfer form, sent in the money for tickets. Something doesn't seem right here.....am I being a cheapskate or insensitive about this?

I do realize I am not named in his will as an heir to the tickets, I'm just trying to understand if I need to pay it. Thanks in advance.

First off, I'm not an attorney. So this is just my opinion. Obviously, the attorney overseeing the estate has no idea what the value is of upper deck PSL's. Essentially, the majority of them are worthless. If you are in the first few rows, there might be some value. Otherwise, I would tell him to forget it and not give him a penny. Also, what is the value listed as in the will? I'm sure the will was probably created prior to the Browns requiring the purchase of the PSL in order to purchase season tickets. The Browns no longer require a PSL to purchase season tickets as of a few years ago because they could not sell upper deck seats. Lower level seats are completely different.

If the estate does not buy the 2016 season tickets, the PSL will be forfeited back to the Browns as stated in the PSL agreement/contract. Thus, you can then contact the Browns directly and get season tickets for these exact seats without having to buy the PSL. The Browns have tons of upper deck season tickets available depending on what you are looking for. Of course, you

don't have to buy any PSL to purchase these season tickets in the upper deck. With that being said, I would tell the estate attorney to go pound salt.

First off, I'm not an attorney. So this is just my opinion. Obviously, the attorney overseeing the estate has no idea what the value is of upper deck PSL's. Essentially, the majority of them are worthless. If you are in the first few rows, there might be some value. Otherwise, I would tell him to forget it and not give him a penny. Also, what is the value listed as in the will? I'm sure the will was probably created prior to the Browns requiring the purchase of the PSL in order to purchase season tickets. The Browns no longer require a PSL to purchase season tickets as of a few years ago because they could not sell upper deck seats. Lower level seats are completely different.

If the estate does not buy the 2016 season tickets, the PSL will be forfeited back to the Browns as stated in the PSL agreement/contract. Thus, you can then contact the Browns directly and get season tickets for these exact seats without having to buy the PSL. The Browns have tons of upper deck season tickets available depending on what you are looking for. Of course, you

don't have to buy any PSL to purchase these season tickets in the upper deck. With that being said, I would tell the estate attorney to go pound salt.

In his will he listed his assets. One of the assets is the Browns PSLs which he valued at $3000 (it sounds like he paid $1500 per seat obviously, back in the day).

I simply would like the seats and not get into an ugly probate fight. It just irritates me that I already signed a transfer form (and a small transfer fee of $25 per seat), and now this atty is asking for more money after he sent these forms my way. Reading this thread, and speaking to other fans I know, it seems the PSL has basically gone away.

It's more about a sudden shift in direction than the money. Why send me a transfer form, and then a week later ask for more money? Mind you, this isn't coming from the Browns, but an estate atty....I seriously doubt my deceased uncle would want a spat over Browns seats. If this gets ugly, I'm just going to ask for a refund (if that is even possible) from the Browns ticket office.

In his will he listed his assets. One of the assets is the Browns PSLs which he valued at $3000 (it sounds like he paid $1500 per seat obviously, back in the day).

I simply would like the seats and not get into an ugly probate fight. It just irritates me that I already signed a transfer form (and a small transfer fee of $25 per seat), and now this atty is asking for more money after he sent these forms my way. Reading this thread, and speaking to other fans I know, it seems the PSL has basically gone away.

It's more about a sudden shift in direction than the money. Why send me a transfer form, and then a week later ask for more money? Mind you, this isn't coming from the Browns, but an estate atty....I seriously doubt my deceased uncle would want a spat over Browns seats. If this gets ugly, I'm just going to ask for a refund (if that is even possible) from the Browns ticket office.

LOL.....Yeah, no way are those seats worth $3k. Screw that. Yeah, it sucks that it involves an estate attorney who has no clue, but hold firm. You are in the driver's seat, not the estate attorney. Tell him to go find another buyer who will give him $3k......

I need help guys, an odd situation here.

My Uncle passed away recently. He has had 2 seats in 536 in the new stadium, and upper deck seats in the old one (50+ years as a season ticket holder). Obviously, he bought 2 PSLs back in 96 or so.

In his will, he didn't specify who was going to get the seats. He expressed the value of the PSLs only. My cousin and I have been going in his place to the games for over 12 years, my uncle just didn't want to go anymore to the games. We paid him for the tickets in full all the while.

So my question is now that he is deceased, his estate atty is demanding I buy the PSLs. Is this correct? I already filled out a PSL transfer form, sent in the money for tickets. Something doesn't seem right here.....am I being a cheapskate or insensitive about this?

I do realize I am not named in his will as an heir to the tickets, I'm just trying to understand if I need to pay it. Thanks in advance.

My (uneducated legal) answer is no. You should not have to pay the PSL fee to his estate if you are a heir, named in the will or not. It could get sticky over the definition of "immediate family", it's not specifically stated in the transfer agreement. I also on first glance didn't see anything regarding transfer of PSLs when the holder is deceased.

I looked it up, and that upper deck section (536) will only have value if it's in the first 10 rows or so. The attorney that's administering your uncle's estate is probably only just doing his job- maximizing the value of the estate. If his estate is sizable, I'd suggest talking to the guy and politely tell him to back off over the $3k.

FWIW, I wouldn't totally trust any info you'd get from the Browns- Jimmy would like your gift to the cause. You may want to give an anonymous call to the ticket office, and get their take on the ground rules.

• 2 months later...

If my friend decides to give up those seats, and they are the best seats in the house, he will not get anything for the PSL.

I though this was worth a bump- and this is my last word on the subject. Take a look at this interactive map https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/browns/EN/buy/details/16FS

If you're maintaining anyone giving up their seats wouldn't get a monetary refund on their PSL- you're 100% correct. That's very clearly stated in the PSL contract- not buying your season tickets associated with the PSL in a timely manner- the seats will revert to the Browns. BUT

Unfortunately, the image won't copy correctly to the board. The areas in RED except for the Dawg Pound are 100% PSL. As I said earlier in the thread- if anyone just walks away from those seats in the 100 level, they're not too bright. If you're totally desperate to unload those seats- you can always go to e-Bay and post PSL for sale Section 109- best offer. The PSL transfers to the person you've sold it to, with a $50 transfer fee to the Browns. And if you do walk away, those seats would be offered to a PSL holder with the highest seniority wishing to upgrade, not some Goober off the street. Our understanding in that scenario is you would have to pay the difference between what your PSL was worth- and the upgraded section price. And- your PSL transfers to the seats you upgraded to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived