THE BROWNS BOARD

Change Is Coming..

tampadawgs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like it would never happen that The Cleveland Browns would move to Balt, just like the Balt Colts would never leave and go to Indy. Just like the Saints would never win a Super Bowl.

I have never been wrong about the Browns on what is coming up. I said a million times that I have some inside info on what the Browns are wanting to do.

Wanting to do, and will do are two different things. Lerner has final say does he not? In my lifetime, the orange helmet is the "brand". And don't you think the ever "brand conscious NFL" would do a little "Market Survey" with the fanbase before doing a massive makeover to gauge it's potential acceptance? I may be wrong, but I'd say lead balloons and pigs have a better chance of getting airborne than a massive Browns uni makeover.

I'll grant you this- and Ghoolie brought it up way back when. 1999 when football returned to Cleveland if they had renamed the team "Cleveland Rockers, or Lakers" all would have been cool to a uniform change. Forget the 1995 Mantra, our name, our team, our colors? And incidentally, Silver isn't one of them. Lerner wants to get run out of town on a rail, go ahead- it won't work, he's made enough stupid decisions already- but this one would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Those "new" Denver Donkey unis still make me want to puke every time I see them.

PS Nike can blow me if they want to turn every NFL team into the Oregon Ducks, and it still wouldn't be worth it.

Wanting to do, and will do are two different things. Lerner has final say does he not? In my lifetime, the orange helmet is the "brand". And don't you think the ever "brand conscious NFL" would do a little "Market Survey" with the fanbase before doing a massive makeover to gauge it's potential acceptance? I may be wrong, but I'd say lead balloons and pigs have a better chance of getting airborne than a massive Browns uni makeover.

I'll grant you this- and Ghoolie brought it up way back when. 1999 when football returned to Cleveland if they had renamed the team "Cleveland Rockers, or Lakers" all would have been cool to a uniform change. Forget the 1995 Mantra, our name, our team, our colors? And incidentally, Silver isn't one of them. Lerner wants to get run out of town on a rail, go ahead- it won't work, he's made enough stupid decisions already- but this one would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Those "new" Denver Donkey unis still make me want to puke every time I see them.

PS Nike can blow me if they want to turn every NFL team into the Oregon Ducks, and it still wouldn't be worth it.

I beleive I already said this, but they are going to bring it out for one game next yr to judge fan reaction, like the Brown pants. They really want to spice it up/ it might be a pre season game, do not know. I do know they want to show off the Helmet at the Draft. we will see

Lets fave the facts, The Cleveland Browns are not winning any most popular team contest. NFL fans really could care less about the Browns. A Couple of reasons

1. Losing Record 11 of the past 12 yrs

2. No Big Names that the Fans can get behind (like Rodgers, Ray Lewis, AP, Etc, Etc)

3. Not growing fan base- People are leaving Cleveland as fast as they can. Example: My brother left Cleveland and moved to Florida when he was 20 he is a hardcore Browns, Buckeyes, Tribe, Cavs fan like myself. His daughter who is 16 yrs old is a big sports fan (great softball player) When ask who her fav teams are she says Florida Gators and Tampa Bay Bucs. People ask how your Uncle and Dad are huge Cleveland Fans, she says why would I root for the Browns and Buckeyes when I do not live there and never have been there. Point is there is A LOT OF KIDS OUT THERE THAT THINK THE BROWNS ARE A JOKE. This Generation is key for the Browns (2-18 yrs old) to build there fan base.

4. Uniform lacks what 2010 and beyond is all about. People want to wear something that they think is "Cool"

5. Really people who care a tradition is people who have not won anything. You think the New England, Balt, Pitt, Green Bay care about what the team did 50 yrs ago. of Course the players will say they do, because they do not want to piss of the old timers in football.

6. ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN JIM BROWn. To us hes the greatest running back ever, but ask a Bears fan who is the greatest?

What can we do to pump up the Browns

1. Start winning DUHHHHH

This will piss off people, but some do not know the complete history of the Browns.

Ready....Change the UNIFORM.

What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

If the Browns went to more of a updated look, we will draw the younger generation. Kids DO NOT WANT TO WEAR BROWN. The Browns are working on a change. It might piss some people off, but this is what it is. As soon as my "resource gets me a pic" I will get on here, helmet- silver with 1 orange stripe down the middle and 2 Brown stripes next to it. On the side of the Helmet will be a "B" yes it will have a logo.

Orange Socks

Pants will be same color as helmet with Brown strip highlighted with Orange, Jerseys will will be more modern as well, Silver replacing the white look, with more Brown and Orange stripes down the side, They will have a VERY DARK BROWN for there other Jersey with same striping (replace the Brown with Silver)

What it sounds like they will introduce the new helmet and Jersey at the NFL draft.

I know some of the old timers will bepissed and I am sure they will tell how stupid it is, but the fact is you are not getting any younger. These kids are ones who are buying the uniforms and gear the Cleveland Browns

EVERY TEAM GOES THRU CHANGE.

It is coming, so get use to it. You will still root for the Browns because that is your Love. They will just look a little different thats all

Pure, unadulterated ignorance. What people want is a winning football team. All the rest of your rant is pure crap.

How many other teams have changed their uniforms?

San Diego

Denver

New England

Tampa Bay

Jets

Giants

Bills

Lions

Eagles

Falcons

So why not us?

San Diego-traditionally wore white helmets

Jets-switched back to their classic uniforms

Giants-hardly qualifies as a change

Bill-switched back to traditional look

Lions-hardly qualifies as a change

Eagles-not much of a change, more of an update

So it is still a change. Anything that is not what it was before is a CHANGE. As one poster has stated we had white helmets at one point. Why not go back to it as an alternate? Or introduce a new color as an experimental alternate uni?

Its the old timers...

What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

I cannot wait until this happen...

This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

So it is still a change. Anything that is not what it was before is a CHANGE. As one poster has stated we had white helmets at one point. Why not go back to it as an alternate? Or introduce a new color as an experimental alternate uni?

The Browns have made various changes to their uniforms over the years. Perhaps you just didn't notice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos_and_uniforms_of_the_Cleveland_Browns

Its the old timers...

This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

If you are worried about fashion issues, go spend your time on the Project Runway forum:

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3260767

I happen to own a couple of nice Browns polo shirts. One is brown with a Browns logo on it. It is quite nice. People like it. If it is not good enough for you, go buy something else. WTF color do you think you are going to get when you buy a Cleveland Browns piece of paraphenalia? Mauve or chartreuse?

Its the old timers...

I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as gifts and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as presents and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

Go to the Browns Store on this site and buy whatever color gear you want. You want black or pink, I am sure they have something for you all:

FF_366988_xl.jpg

I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as gifts and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

A Browns fan that hates the color brown.

The Giants was also not really a change as much as it was going back to their traditional "ny" on the helmet vs. the GIANTS on the helmet that they went with for a few years.

• 6 months later...

This topic comes up every year.

That said, if it was determined we needed more color, I wouldn't mind bringing back the orange pants.

I don't care if we wear pink pants, just as long as we wear some brown jerseys at home. All white is great... if you have built a winning tradition behind it. going 4-12 with it last year left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Nike has an NFL contract starting next year. If we ever were to see a change for the Browns then it would happen this offseason. But I don't expect it to be very drastic at all. As much as I love uniforms like Oregon and Maryland, I just don't think it fits the Browns.

I did this mock up a few months ago, keeping the same tradition but mixing it up.

ClevelandBrowns.jpg

I like the idea of a different helmet, but I was thinking Brown with matte paint. Maybe white and orange stripes, white numbers on the sides, and brown facemask?

a paint finish similar to what Wyoming wears.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-11_at_9.50.47_AM.png

I love these. Nothing wrong with something new and a side of tradition to go with it. These are very sharp and make our colors wearable. Is it a magic fix, absolutely not, but it helps. I remember playing soccer in High School and we go new uni's my freshmen year, and tell ya what, it does help bring out a little more confidence when you like how you look.

But the biggest cure will be winning, hands down.

• 1 month later...

Leave the damn uniforms alone! No logo on the helmet either! Awwww poor little younger generation needs to have flashy uniforms to get behind their team! Too effin' bad! It's football! Not a fashion show! If you're not going to support your hometeam, along with the name history and colors that Cleveland Browns fans fought to keep, then go cheer for another team!

Archived